Off-Topic Florida governor DeSantis signs bill creating election police unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has nothing to do with what I just said.

I am saying that, the majority of the people who are so worried about the FBI spying on them, didn't give a schit when local PDs incarcerated innocent people or harassed innocent people(which included spying) etc. In fact, when people started complaining about it, they called them criminals and told them "just obey the law and you have nothing to worry about". Just like you are being told now in regards to the FBI. Just obey the law and you won't have to worry about them spying on you.
You’re conflating two separate issues. People were getting spied on for talking at school board meetings and working from trumps campaign. That has nothing to do with resisting arrest. And no sane person cheers for innocent people going to jail or being harrassed.

The people who are happy poor and minorities get roughed up for nothing, are like the ones who think you should be arrested for not getting a vax. They aren’t serious people and should be ignored.

Advertisement
You’re conflating two separate issues. People were getting spied on for talking at school board meetings and working from trumps campaign. That has nothing to do with resisting arrest. And no sane person cheers for innocent people going to jail or being harrassed.

The people who are happy poor and minorities get roughed up for nothing, are like the ones who think you should be arrested for not getting a vax. They aren’t serious people and should be ignored.
No I am not conflating separate issues. Minorities get roughed up for nothing and arrested for nothing by local pds for more often then school board people by the FBI. However, the people who are up in arms about this, didn't say schit when there were all the protests about these issues, and in fact a lot of them were the one saying "just don't commit crimes and you have nothing to worry about".

The point I am making is, people don't care until it starts happening to them. if local PDs started raiding those school board meetings, planting drugs, bringing them to black sites, etc. Then they would be furious at what happens at a local level, but since they are generally left alone, they don't care.

How many of the anti FBI guys were mad at the corruption before they started spying on trumps campaign?

No I am not conflating separate issues. Minorities get roughed up for nothing and arrested for nothing by local pds for more often then school board people by the FBI. However, the people who are up in arms about this, didn't say schit when there were all the protests about these issues, and in fact a lot of them were the one saying "just don't commit crimes and you have nothing to worry about".

The point I am making is, people don't care until it starts happening to them. if local PDs started raiding those school board meetings, planting drugs, bringing them to black sites, etc. Then they would be furious at what happens at a local level, but since they are generally left alone, they don't care.

How many of the anti FBI guys were mad at the corruption before they started spying on trumps campaign?
I was. And was ****ed about W and the Patriot Act at the time. And I also don't like police abusing their powers (in general tbo).

I was. And was ****ed about W and the Patriot Act at the time. And I also don't like police abusing their powers (in general tbo).
I figured you would be, I wasn't referring to you. But in general there are a lot of people who I have had arguments on here with, a couple years ago, who now only care because its effecting them. I agree with you though, IDC who it effects. I don't like the abuse of power.

Advertisement

I have a rule in general that I don’t trust anybody with police or federal power. But I get what you’re saying about local and yes you are correct nobody cares bc it’s not in their town. But that’s just it, they can’t help those people. Doesn’t make it ok by any means, but that’s like me getting mad at San Fran for legalizing theft. I can make fun of them all I want and complain, but I don’t live there and have no say. And Boudin is never gonna be DA where I live.

I’m referring to the federal level. One that covers everybody. The FBI can be corrupt in one field office, but those same offices are connected with others that cover my area. I just don’t see federal and local issues being the same.

I have a rule in general that I don’t trust anybody with police or federal power. But I get what you’re saying about local and yes you are correct nobody cares bc it’s not in their town. But that’s just it, they can’t help those people. Doesn’t make it ok by any means, but that’s like me getting mad at San Fran for legalizing theft. I can make fun of them all I want and complain, but I don’t live there and have no say. And Boudin is never gonna be DA where I live.

I’m referring to the federal level. One that covers everybody. The FBI can be corrupt in one field office, but those same offices are connected with others that cover my area. I just don’t see federal and local issues being the same.
It most certainly happens in places in NC though.

They really don't think that far ahead. They'll risk everything for the power they have now ( SEE JAN6th) . They couldn't even imagine themselves losing an election and having to deal with the other partys self appointed election police. ******* bizzaro world.

This bill will only breed more distrust , more government, more corruption, more dead end investigations, and wasted taxpayer money. IDGAF which party, it's both.
These people have tossed all the Bill of Rights except the 2nd Amendment. Democracy doesn't work for them any more so they do what they have always done, make rules to assure victory. The changing demographics and ability of oppressed peoples to win office has them as hateful as ever. They will change the Constitution to limit participation just surely as they stormed the Capitol and killed police officers. Yet they will maintain an allegiance to law enforcement and many officers will still side with them. They are not anything they claim to be, but are everything that hate spawns.

Advertisement
Wouldn't be out of line. Obviously you support a police state when you know they only coming for counter supporters. You people claim there is too much gov, but since the Big Loss you support it where you deem it works to assure repub victory. Even when you already hold the house and state senate and enacted new voter legislation. There was no Fraud yet he needs a reason to legally inhibit and intimidate non repub voters. Plus if there are reports of fraud in repub precincts it will be ignored and you know it. All the claims of fraud and enforcement will be in Democrat areas.
C'mon Billy D!! It's hard for me to discuss this with you while I'm polishing my jack boots amd going to goose stepping class.

Can we get a grip on reality a moment?

Why are people so afraid of voter integrity. ID integrity is necessary to pick up an Rx from the grocery store, but wholly unecessary for voting? I mean what will one side do without ballot harvesting!?? Totaly legitimate of course.

If one side or another has all the supporters they claim, voter ID should be zero barrier at all to crush the other side.

Why so terrified? Is it maybe certain highly questionable categories of votes will plummet? Are you saying those votes are being barred in the future?

C'mon now.

These people have tossed all the Bill of Rights except the 2nd Amendment. Democracy doesn't work for them any more so they do what they have always done, make rules to assure victory. The changing demographics and ability of oppressed peoples to win office has them as hateful as ever. They will change the Constitution to limit participation just surely as they stormed the Capitol and killed police officers. Yet they will maintain an allegiance to law enforcement and many officers will still side with them. They are not anything they claim to be, but are everything that hate spawns.
Please name a single rule that prevents legitimate voters from casting a ballot.

Just one.

This isn’t even about parties. I’m talking about in general. You can be forgiven for supporting that war, at first. I get that. But there’s no coming back from supporting government surveillance. I can’t believe people fell for the “we’ll only spy on extremists.” As if the government hasn’t always changed things to mean whatever they want it to mean.
Give an inch and we'll take a mile.

Advertisement
Projection

C'mon Billy D!! It's hard for me to discuss this with you while I'm polishing my jack boots amd going to goose stepping class.

Can we get a grip on reality a moment?

Why are people so afraid of voter integrity. ID integrity is necessary to pick up an Rx from the grocery store, but wholly unecessary for voting? I mean what will one side do without ballot harvesting!?? Totaly legitimate of course.

If one side or another has all the supporters they claim, voter ID should be zero barrier at all to crush the other side.

Why so terrified? Is it maybe certain highly questionable categories of votes will plummet? Are you saying those votes are being barred in the future?

C'mon now.
Voter id is supported by 80% according to polls. But people keep talking about voter suppression.

It’s MSM talking points without facts… as usual

Voter id is supported by 80% according to polls. But people keep talking about voter suppression.

It’s MSM talking points without facts… as usual
I have voted since the 80's and always had to show my County Issued and verified voters registration card and Drivers License to vote at my "assigned" precinct then sign to verify voting. You know NONE of the Fake Claims of Fraud we proven in any of the states where extensive audits were conducted. The fake fraud and Big Lie are just rallying cries to be repeated and give credence to more legislation to favor repubs and far right extremists. Even you, if being honest, would have to admit the Gov drawing voting Districts is way to far and unconstitutional. If it were a Dem Gov you would put on your camouflage and storm the Capitol.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back