Florida Gators Recruiting

Madabs

Sophomore
I don't understand how they are getting the number of recruits this year. In 2019 they took 21 recruits and 1 transfer, they also had 3 sign but don't know if they enrolled. Last year they took 23 plus another 7 transfers. They have 26 currently for 2021 and they just got a CB for Arnold. How are we so tight on numbers when they are over 25 per year when you spread out the numbers?

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are obviously going to drop some kids. All of those 26 will not sign with them.
They have 26 plus 1 Transfer that has already signed. With the signees and the transfers from 2019-2021 they should have only 22 spots left for 2021, so they're going to drop 4 kids with 8 days before Early Signing?

They have 26 plus 1 Transfer that has already signed. With the signees and the transfers from 2019-2021 they should have only 22 spots left for 2021, so they're going to drop 4 kids with 8 days before Early Signing?

Doesn’t have to be before early signing. Kids still sign in February too, you know? I imagine some of those kids will be encouraged to look elsewhere before then.

Theyll make their numbers work like all teams do.

They are in it for some higher rates kids and inevitably will drop those lower ones.

Advertisement
Doesn’t have to be before early signing. Kids still sign in February too, you know? I imagine some of those kids will be encouraged to look elsewhere before then.
They can take up to 27 this year according to Gator Country, they go into back and forward counting from last and this year.

1. One of these days, this board, and our fanbase, will finally start to realize that college coaches can do just about anything they want RE: numbers and scholarships. No, they cannot sign 30 kids every class. But you do what you have to do to take who you want and need. These repetitive posts about numbers and caps and max kids and spots being tight are nauseating. There are so many moving parts to these numbers and so much gray area and so many loopholes that you can VERY RARELY talk definitely about spots.

2. Delete this ******* thread. I don't give a **** about their recruiting class, their numbers, their scholarships, their school, their health, their families, their kids, or anything to do with that chicken**** football program. Fvck them, everyone who supports them, and everyone who has ever considered supporting them.

Advertisement
I looked into their previous classes a few weeks ago, going back to 17. They under signed in 17/18, which allowed them to count back and over sign in 19/20. If I remember correctly they were out of count backs now so they should only have 25 ICs available in this class. The only other possibility is that they had some kids not qualify in the last 2 classes. I know those still count for that class, but I'm not sure if they're allowed to count back ICs for those who don't qualify. That would be a question for @TheOriginalCane

Advertisement
Im Out GIF

Rucker (grade risk)
Gardner (see above)
Strickland (low hanging fruit)
Sapp (flip?)
Underwood (scholarship for a long snapper? Really???)

That really seems to be the only 5 most have an eye on not signing (or not giving Underwood a scholly).

Hey, Rocco scored Lake Mary's only points in a 7-6 playoff loss last weekend.

I know those Gaytor fans are dreaming of the long-snapper-eligible gadget play for the punting team...

I looked into their previous classes a few weeks ago, going back to 17. They under signed in 17/18, which allowed them to count back and over sign in 19/20. If I remember correctly they were out of count backs now so they should only have 25 ICs available in this class. The only other possibility is that they had some kids not qualify in the last 2 classes. I know those still count for that class, but I'm not sure if they're allowed to count back ICs for those who don't qualify. That would be a question for @TheOriginalCane

I've said it before, the Bahamian kid "never getting his student visa" is probably one of the spots.

Also, I believe that when a kid fails to qualify, and counts as an IC in the year of signing, and then EVENTUALLY is able to enroll...I don't think he counts as a second IC. I believe the Gaytors have 2 of those kids (i.e., failed to qualify in a prior year).

People need to stop counting the number of signees that they find on Rivals/247, and look at the individual names of these kids.

Hey, Rocco scored Lake Mary's only points in a 7-6 playoff loss last weekend.

I know those Gaytor fans are dreaming of the long-snapper-eligible gadget play for the punting team...

Lmao. Seriously though, we all universally can't wrap our heads around giving him a full scholly.

Advertisement
Back