Florida Game 3 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have to swing the bats. We have too many guys that can't hit the curve ball. They have to change their approach. The only guys doing that are Del Castillo and Toral (this year).

Elite pitchers throw curveballs for strikes. Our guys can't just sit on fastballs especially behind in the count.

Advertisement
Gil drove in the go ahead run yesterday and our only run today. Plenty of other targets

I get it. But Gil is batting .154 and it feels like he has struck out 10 times this weekend. Unfortunately for him every time he comes up it seems to be a big spot.

6 up, 6 down for Palmquist. Wish we’d had this arm the past two nights

Advertisement
I get it. But Gil is batting .154 and it feels like he has struck out 10 times this weekend. Unfortunately for him every time he comes up it seems to be a big spot.
Not to become the resident Gil apologist, because you’re right his hitting hasn’t been great this season, but he has 4 Ks and 3 RBIs this weekend versus 27 Ks and 3 RBIs (and two of those were down five runs) for the rest of the team.

Advertisement
Not to become the resident Gil apologist, because you’re right his hitting hasn’t been great this season, but he has 4 Ks and 3 RBIs this weekend versus 27 Ks and 4 RBIs for the rest of the team.

fair enough. I can’t argue with that.

Tuero needs a shot to play several games in a row. I’m done with seeing Paige at the plate and his glove isn’t all that.

Palmsquist with 5 Ks and 1 BB through three innings
Doubt Gino does it, but there’s some merit to Barry’s suggestion in the other thread that Federman be the fourth starter (he did it well as a freshman) and leave the late innings to Gates, Keysor, and Palmquist with Munroe, McFarlane, and Garland available in middle/long relief. We’re getting to the point with Maury where he may never get back to his pre-injury form.

Advertisement
Back