Florida (Game 2) 1pm SECN+

Sucking that gaytor dlck with abandon
That post turned out to be completely wrong today. They played absolutely terrible outside of 1st inning. They looked like dog **** on top of one of the worst decisions I’ve seen from a manager to keep that closer in who couldn’t throw a strike

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Gates pitches like he did in 2020 I think he'd be our best option. Wanger sort've reminds me of Federman. He's a decent option but not someone you have much confidence in vs a UF, Louisville, etc
Kinda curious what they’ve seen in Gates that has made them pass him over for both Wanger and Palmquist.

Advertisement
Idc if it’s only the first weekend. If they can ride this momentum into a W tomorrow, it could be a season defining win. Taking 2 of 3 from #1 is the difference in being a national seed and a regional host.

Anybody that says they didn’t think the turds would score 3 in the bottom of the 13th is lying to you.

Great dub though. Can’t take much from it, being so flukey and earlybut finally winning a series against those (ocksuckers would be nice.

Anybody that says they didn’t think the turds would score 3 in the bottom of the 13th is lying to you.

Great dub though. Can’t take much from it, being so flukey and earlybut finally winning a series against those (ocksuckers would be nice.
The way Wanger was hanging those sliders I was shi****g a brick. Butler helped that inning immensely by swinging at two pitches way out of the zone for a K and then give Wanger credit he bulled his neck for the final out.

Advertisement
Kinda curious what they’ve seen in Gates that has made them pass him over for both Wanger and Palmquist.
Palmquist I get, but ya, I could see Gates being a setup guy as much as Wanger, especially vs a LH heavy hitting opponent.

I noticed the mopes disappear when we win

Sadly, I have a family, so I wasn't able to be on the board for the game. Great win against a hated rival. But let's not take a victory lap just yet. This year is the 20th anniversary of our most recent title. One win doesn't mean a whole lot just yet. Winning tomorrow could put us in a great spot.

Advertisement
This is the type of fluky, weird **** that can break the psyche wall for a team. Sometimes all you need to see is your team win to believe you can and get rid of the mental grind.

Also - more Palmquist, please. His arm slot is filthy
That’s what I am hoping for...that mental block to be finally be smashed. Hopefully this frees them up tomorrow.

Would have, should have could have. You really think we are getting all we can out of the talent we have? You really think we have the best staff we could have had? I want an AD committed to winning championship and having the best program possible. If I thought this was the best we could be in baseball or football so be it, but I think we are better than we have shown for many years.

Also, calm down with your STFU comment. The board does not all have to subscribe to your opinion, nor mine. I want the team to win as much as you do, I would just like to finally see the AD committed to winning championships.

Good comeback, hope the pull it out.
Nobody wants to hear your complaints about the program 2 games into the season. Complaining about **** from year's past. You act like you have a vested interest in the baseball staff and AD administration. Unless you've donated big money to the program, you don't.

I'm a fan of my team. I don't have to like the coach or AD. I don't have an opinion either way other than since being named head coach, Gino got the program to the post season after a two year lapse. Last year's team was loaded with great pitching that would have likely resulted in a trip to Omaha if the season had completed.

As I stated previously, you can save all that whining and ****ing on the program until after the season when the 2021 body of work can be properly adjudicated.

I rarely come over here because the stupidity is mind boggling. One game into the first series of the baseball season, people already writing the team off. Unbelievable.

It’s like people have never seen baseball before. How many time does a team lose the first game and then come back to win the series? Whether that happens or not is irrelevant, you don’t hit the panic button two innings, or two games, into the season. Especially in baseball, which can be streaky as fūck.

And for whatever it’s worth, we are in way better shape than we were a couple of years ago. Way better. The time to analyze the season will be once the regionals are done, or hopefully Omaha.

I just hope they start letting fans go to the games, I love watching canes baseball in-person. The light is a fun place to catch a game.

Advertisement
Back