Florida (Game 2) 1pm SECN+

Lol - nice comeback. But let's be honest, that was ugly on both sides. Go Canes! Could we possibly take the series now?

Advertisement
Not able to watch. What type of MPH does Wagner have?
Guesstimating here but didn’t look 90+ to me. Mid to high 80’s I’d say with a slider he can control well. Just looks like he hangs it a bit but Uf didn’t have an answer for it

Advertisement
Lol - nice comeback. But let's be honest, that was ugly on both sides. Go Canes! Could we possibly take the series now?
Gonna need something big from Mederos and Gates with as many innings as Palmquist and Wanger threw, but that’s tomorrow’s problem

Pretty sure the announcer mentioned home run at least 20 times in the final inning. Tried so hard to wish it into happening.

I'm predicting Palmquist will be in the rotation sometime this year.

I get they like having him available for closing/high leverage spots but he's our best pitcher and those guys almost always start in college ball

Advertisement
Pretty sure the announcer mentioned home run at least 20 times in the final inning. Tried so hard to wish it into happening.
Belmonte - played for UF and it is an SEC network. I'd prefer some balanced umpiring/reviews.

I'm predicting Palmquist will be in the rotation sometime this year.

I get they like having him available for closing/high leverage spots but he's our best pitcher and those guys almost always start in college ball
I suppose that depends a lot on Wanger and whether he can grab the closer spot. Morris always went with an “I’d rather have a great closer” philosophy, and Gino/JD haven’t shown any deviation from it.

Advertisement
Not able to watch. What type of MPH does Wagner have?
The fact that he is still in college for a sixth year tells you all you would need to know about his stuff. Essentially, he will be going pro in something other than sports and that's ok.

It's definitely better than JD ****roft.

Advertisement
I suppose that depends a lot on Wanger and whether he can grab the closer spot. Morris always went with an “I’d rather have a great closer” philosophy, and Gino/JD haven’t shown any deviation from it.

If Gates pitches like he did in 2020 I think he'd be our best option. Wanger sort've reminds me of Federman. He's a decent option but not someone you have much confidence in vs a UF, Louisville, etc

Guesstimating here but didn’t look 90+ to me. Mid to high 80’s I’d say with a slider he can control well. Just looks like he hangs it a bit but Uf didn’t have an answer for it
I think they were saying around 88-90 (touched 90 a couple times, not consistently)

Advertisement
Back