Florida (Game 2) 1pm SECN+

Advertisement
We just lost our top 3 starters to draft. We have a former closer as our #1 who hasn’t started a game in 3 years. LOL at a lot of starting pitching depth. You’re a clown
We have tons of pitching depth whether you acknowledge it or not.

You have yet to articulate why you would want one of our best arms to pitch in the midweek.

Does Dimare manage the bullpen well?
Gino has his bullpen management issues, but we don’t really have a lot of known quantities in middle relief. It’s a little bit of trial and error when the lights come on. This is something we would work through against Rutgers and a midweek game in a normal year.

Does Dimare manage the bullpen well?
There is always criticism when it doesn't go well. That's not the spot that I personally would've put in Dubberly after Miami had gotten back into the game, but at some point you want to get guys into a game quickly and get their feet wet.

Surprised it wasn't a multi-inning type to get experience like Jake Smith, but maybe he's set to be the mid-week starter.

Advertisement
I was waiting for this.

Someone to blame the manager for his starting pitcher hitting his pitch count and his replacement not being able to get an out.

:rolleyes:
Well the guy who hasn’t pitched in a game since 2019 promptly struggles throwing strikes, and gives up 2 runs.

No reason to question that at all!

We have tons of pitching depth whether you acknowledge it or not.

You have yet to articulate why you would want one of our best arms to pitch in the midweek.
We have zero proven starters.Zero. How that amounts to starting pitching depth is beyond me but okay. It doesn’t surprise me coming from you. If he was on club last year he would have been a midweek guy with a slight chance of taking Sunday spot as year went on.

I'd say we have lots of potential starting pitchers, but lack any proven starting pitchers. Tons of talented arms, but that's not the same as talented arms who produce immediately.

I will say again, the coaches have been concerned about the starting pitching depth as recently as two weeks ago.

Starting with Florida was going to suck for this team no matter what. Highly experienced team at home versus an inexperienced team who've heard about how they can't beat Florida for a long time now.

Advertisement
There is always criticism when it doesn't go well. That's not the spot that I personally would've put in Dubberly after Miami had gotten back into the game, but at some point you want to get guys into a game quickly and get their feet wet.

Surprised it wasn't a multi-inning type to get experience like Jake Smith, but maybe he's set to be the mid-week starter.
Have you heard anything about how Dubberly had been pitching preseason? Midweek shouldn’t really matter with Smith unless ESPN is right about USF on Tuesday.

Well the guy who hasn’t pitched in a game since 2019 promptly struggles throwing strikes, and gives up 2 runs.

No reason to question that at all!
If you think putting in a guy, who performed well during the Fall, in the game in the 5th inning is bad bullpen management then you're an idiot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you think putting in a guy, who performed well during the Fall, in the game in the 5th inning is bad bullpen management then you're an idiot.
Resident baseball expert alert!

I asked a question based on some moves last 2 seasons, and followed it up with a fact, and then other posters with their own questions about it.

Hey everybody we are all idiots in this board!

Personal attacks
I asked a question based on some moves last 2 seasons, and followed it up with a fact, and then other posters with their own questions about it.
I think your claim is idiotic and is the reason why the dialogue on this board is consistently stupid.

Advertisement
Back