2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Okay so do you still think he would only win 8 or 9 games at Miami.

When he’s won 10 twice at ole Miss.
Oh yea for sure he could do that here I agree. Thing is I want to be able to beat Bama and uga and OSU that’s my bar. I just don’t think he can handle those types of talents up front. And that’s not do to coaching it would be due to talent acquisition. That’s because I believe recruiting is a separate entity than on field product I always believed that. If I believed like others I would 100% agree with you. I don’t think kids go places for that (like the bulk load of kids). They go where the HC is an elite developer of relationships. So yea if I were you I would be writing the same thing you are to me now. He’s good though I’m not capping.

Advertisement
Never said what his ceiling was and I agree on his defenses.

But for people to argue that lane kiffin would win less games at Miami than he has at ole Miss when he would have.

1. Better recruiting base
2. Much much easier schedule
3. More resources.
4. Better brand.

It’s idiotic. To get to 10 wins twice at ole Miss based solely on offense is impressive as **** considering he’s done it in the sec west which is by far the hardest division in D1.

The only teams in the ACC that would give Kiffin fits are Clemson and maybe FSU.

If his classes are “cheeks” how is he winning 10 games twice at a program that had previously only won 10 games once in its history?
Do you know what ole miss was before he got there?

A complete nothing burger of a program.

Do you know what they will be once he leaves? A complete nothing burger of a program.

Programs have ceilings and ole miss is at its absolutely ceiling right now.

It’s why Miami is still relevant because our ceiling is national powerhouse.

You guys are obsessed with recruiting rankings. Scheme and development exists too.
Context. This whole “ole miss has a ceiling” is BS. No, Lane has a ceiling.

Lane makes just as much money as Mario, ole miss has just as much (if not more) money than UM - SEC TV deal hitting.

What was ole miss before he arrived? Ask Hugh Freeze. DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Tunsil etc… then boys were paying and bringing in top talent.

He beat Saban back to back years…

Oh yea for sure he could do that here I agree. Thing is I want to be able to beat Bama and uga and OSU that’s my bar. I just don’t think he can handle those types of talents up front. And that’s not do to coaching it would be due to talent acquisition. That’s because I believe recruiting is a separate entity than on field product I always believed that. If I believed like others I would 100% agree with you. I don’t think kids go places for that (like the bulk load of kids). They go where the HC is an elite developer of relationships. So yea if I were you I would be writing the same thing you are to me now. He’s good though I’m not capping.
Do you think players committed and still play for nick Saban because he’s an elite developer of relationships? Or because he wins and develops guys into the best football players they can possible be.

I agree Kiffins not beating UGA or Bama at Ole Miss. I think it’s more mentality and what Kiffin wants to do. Kiffin wants to counter and go around opponents. Guys like Mario want to go through opponents.

Talent plays a role, but we would surprisingly match up better to schools like Georgia, Bama, Oregon than most of the rest of the country because of our physical culture. Not primarily because of our talent. It’s why we were in every game this year.

Do you think players committed and still play for nick Saban because he’s an elite developer of relationships? Or because he wins and develops guys into the best football players they can possible be.

I agree Kiffins not beating UGA or Bama at Ole Miss. I think it’s more mentality and what Kiffin wants to do. Kiffin wants to counter and go around opponents. Guys like Mario want to go through opponents.

Talent plays a role, but we would surprisingly match up better to schools like Georgia, Bama, Oregon than most of the rest of the country because of our physical culture. Not primarily because of our talent. It’s why we were in every game this year.
Saban gets the best talent that’s why he wins lol I always will believe that. Agree to disagree fam I respect your opinion but to you it’s your fact. We can still discuss football bruh and be friends lol. It will always be about talent for me.

Ole Miss is offering more money now than ever before on the trail. Just like UF was with Mullen… the difference? Kids don’t want to play for a coach who cares more about himself than the players at end of day…. Relationships matter.

Yes Lane has won 10+ (as did Mullen) but they will never ever get you to the ultimate goal. If you would rather never lose 6 games again instead of competing for a natty then they’re your guy. Just depends what you want.

Advertisement
Context. This whole “ole miss has a ceiling” is BS. No, Lane has a ceiling.

Lane makes just as much money as Mario, ole miss has just as much (if not more) money than UM - SEC TV deal hitting.

What was ole miss before he arrived? Ask Hugh Freeze. DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Tunsil etc… then boys were paying and bringing in top talent.

He beat Saban back to back years…
And had one 10 win season with those players. Look at what it was before that. Nothing.

Are recruits more likely to go live four years in Oxford Mississippi or Miami Florida? Is ole Miss a national brand? Does ole Miss have a proud history? People legitimately haven’t given up on Miami yet and it will always be an attractive job because of what south Florida offers. What does ole miss offer?

Ole Miss 1000 percent has a ceiling.

Ole Miss is the Oregon state of the SEC. The northwestern of the big 10.

Saban gets the best talent that’s why he wins lol I always will believe that. Agree to disagree fam I respect your opinion but to you it’s your fact. We can still discuss football bruh and be friends lol. It will always be about talent for me.
At this point there are just infinite level data points that show that it’s not just recruiting, you must actually be able to coach and manage the team which Saban is second to none. If it was all about getting the best players, Jimbo would be going back to back right now. Instead he face planted. If it was about talent, Taint would not have lost 3 times in a row to Michigan.

Then Texas A & M would have won more than 7 or 8 games.

Agree to disagree I guess.

And had one 10 win season with those players. Look at what it was before that. Nothing.

Are recruits more likely to go live four years in Oxford Mississippi or Miami Florida? Is ole Miss a national brand? Does ole Miss have a proud history? People legitimately haven’t given up on Miami yet and it will always be an attractive job because of what south Florida offers. What does ole miss offer?

Ole Miss 1000 percent has a ceiling.

Ole Miss is the Oregon state of the SEC. The northwestern of the big 10.
Recruiting is only half the job, but the most important.
Didn’t they say Ole Miss could never recruit elite talent before Freeze arrived?
How about A&M before Jimbo? Mario changed Oregon’s recruiting too.

Serious question, if Mario was at Ole Miss right now you don’t think they would have a top 10 class? They 100% would

Advertisement
Then Texas A & M would have won more than 7 or 8 games.

Agree to disagree I guess.
Yea they fumbled the bag big time. I don’t think Jimbo is the best evaluator at all it seems like he just chases stars. It worked at fsu but that one really confused tf out of me. Yea though agree to disagree it’s cool you brought up good points though.

Recruiting is only half the job, but the most important.
Didn’t they say Ole Miss could never recruit elite talent before Freeze arrived?
How about A&M before Jimbo? Mario changed Oregon’s recruiting too.

Serious question, if Mario was at Ole Miss right now you don’t think they would have a top 10 class? They 100% would
No they wouldn’t. Probably in the 13-20 range.

Did jimbo ever win anything at Texas A & M with all his recruits?

Did Hugh freeze win anything?

Did Mario change oregons recurring or did chip kelly? By the time Mario got there they were a nationally established brand. Two natty appearances in the past 10 years when he got there.

Again, with a straight face. Do you honestly believe Kiffin only wins 8 to 9 games at Miami when he’s won 10 twice at ole Miss.

If you think he only wins 8 or 9 at Miami you’re saying that Miami is a worse job than ole Miss is btw.

Yea they fumbled the bag big time. I don’t think Jimbo is the best evaluator at all it seems like he just chases stars. It worked at fsu but that one really confused tf out of me. Yea though agree to disagree it’s cool you brought up good points though.
All good man. You definitely understand the recruiting game very very well which I respect and appreciate seeing your insight on where kids are at or what you think is going on behind the scenes.

No they wouldn’t. Probably in the 13-20 range.

Did jimbo ever win anything at Texas A & M with all his recruits?

Did Hugh freeze win anything?

Did Mario change oregons recurring or did chip kelly? By the time Mario got there they were a nationally established brand. Two natty appearances in the past 10 years when he got there.

Again, with a straight face. Do you honestly believe Kiffin only wins 8 to 9 games at Miami when he’s won 10 twice at ole Miss.

If you think he only wins 8 or 9 at Miami you’re saying that Miami is a worse job than ole Miss is btw.
From the outside of the debate my understanding is that of course Lane would win 10 here. But he wouldn't win 12 on the way to 15-0.

Advertisement
At this point there are just infinite level data points that show that it’s not just recruiting, you must actually be able to coach and manage the team which Saban is second to none. If it was all about getting the best players, Jimbo would be going back to back right now. Instead he face planted. If it was about talent, Taint would not have lost 3 times in a row to Michigan.
Michigan is hitting up front on OL and DL, they matchup well vs OSU. OSU is all DL most of the time but Michigan has found a way especially on OL. Thing is when they meet UGA they get blasted cause osus DL ain’t ugas DL especially in the middle. Them dudes had Carter and Davis bruh and they both went to the eagles. Eagles are sitting pretty for a big window to win.

All good man. You definitely understand the recruiting game very very well which I respect and appreciate seeing your insight on where kids are at or what you think is going on behind the scenes.
Likewise bruh appreciate you fam. I like the discussions/debates cause it lets me view it how others do and it’s super interesting cause I’m always learning more from everyone here.

From the outside, my understanding is that of course Lane would win 10 here. But he wouldn't win 12 on the way to 15-0.
If they stuck with the four team playoff he could maybe get lucky one year like jimbo did coming out of the ACC

But yeah we would consistently see 10-3, 11-2, 12-1 seasons out of him including conference title game. 9 would be his floor here. He’s basically would be what brohm is going to be for Louisville.

Just for context, I’m happy they hired Mario. The goal of this program are nattys and he gives us the best shot.

Advertisement
Never said what his ceiling was and I agree on his defenses.

But for people to argue that lane kiffin would win less games at Miami than he has at ole Miss when he would have.

1. Better recruiting base
2. Much much easier schedule
3. More resources.
4. Better brand.

It’s idiotic. To get to 10 wins twice at ole Miss based solely on offense is impressive as **** considering he’s done it in the sec west which is by far the hardest division in D1.

The only teams in the ACC that would give Kiffin fits are Clemson and maybe FSU.

If his classes are “cheeks” how is he winning 10 games twice at a program that had previously only won 10 games once in its history?
I agree with most of what you said. But you’re talking as if all things were equal. but in the real world he would not have the better resources at Miami, Remember the ONLY WAY the power structure here opened up the wallets, a little bit, is because of Mario. No other head coach in our history has had anywhere near the financial benefits as him. If Lane was our HC, we’d probably be in the same boat as we were with Richt. Winning games, but not getting to the next level.

Jack Black Leg GIF

I agree with most of what you said. But you’re talking as if all things were equal. but in the real world he would not have the better resources at Miami, Remember the ONLY WAY the power structure here opened up the wallets, a little bit, is because of Mario. No other head coach in our history has had anywhere near the financial benefits as him. If Lane was our HC, we’d probably be in the same boat as we were with Richt. Winning games, but not getting to the next level.
Absolutely true that Mario got Miami to open the wallet.

If Manny Diaz can win 8 games at Miami, then Lane with SFL athletes better be able to beat that in the ACC of all places.

Miami was going to have to open the wallet no matter who they brought in, it’s the nature of college football. It more likely than not would not have been opened for Kiffin like it has for Mario but the next head coach at Miami was getting some type of a boost in resources or the school would have had to admit their aspirations are to be wake forest in football.

Advertisement
Back