2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Pretty sure Flo said the “flip” is highly rated, but he wasn’t impressed by their play. Anyone that’s watched Ellis play say he’s a dog. Smith, Ellis, and McCray would be my top choices for flips, but I doubt it’s any of them (if Flo is right).

Agree but this is not the flip he's talking about. I think this is a recent development and worth keeping an eye on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Mario can finish the class with Scott and Blount I think we'd all be happy
Scott, Blount, Jones, Russell - DT plus 3 portal DT to backfill assuming Deen, LT, Burroughs are all gone and potentially JHH.
Lightfoot, Rudolph, Pickett(LB/DE), McConathy - plus Bain, Mesidor, Kelly, and Wayne returning. Harvey, Williams, and Moss depart (assuming the latter two)

If Mario can finish the class with Scott and Blount I think we'd all be happy
**** happy, I’d do backflips on I-95 during rush hour. Would give Miami 7 top 75 commits (assuming they sign)

In comparison, Miami only signed 3 top 75 players last cycle. Say what you want about the bottom half, that’s elite work.

Last time Miami signed 7 top 75 players in one class? 2008

Advertisement
Does Ellis Robinson flip now that it's confirmed Fran Brown is leaving?
I’m curious whether Fran pulls a Lanning, and stays to coach their remaining games or does he pull a Brian Kelly and is already in Syracuse. Could have implications for us, because I could see Kirby pulling a power move to bring Addae back as fast as possible, opening up our DB role… which would also be interesting for us.

I’m curious whether Fran pulls a Lanning, and stays to coach their remaining games or does he pull a Brian Kelly and is already in Syracuse. Could have implications for us, because I could see Kirby pulling a power move to bring Addae back as fast as possible, opening up our DB role… which would also be interesting for us.
Addae left UGA on bad terms and he allegedly clashed with Kirby. That's unlikely.

Advertisement
Kirby is as much a DB guru as anyone out there. And as long as he’s still there, you won’t catch many defensive players leave over a position coach
We may have had a shot at Robinson if we didn’t go 7-5

A 10 win season could have done it I think he had genuine interest here but yeah it was going to take a lot to make it happen

We are just too far behind them

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back