2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Lyle is a whale.
Alright lol.

CIS whales are different than actual whales.

Whales are top 50 players imo, I’ll even stretch it to top 75…borderline 5-star talents, not CIS guidelines. Kendall Jackson sure as heck isn’t a whale, in fact I believe RVACane added him after a few whiffs and word we were treating him like a priority, just to calm people down about the state of DL recruiting at the time. CIS ran with the word priority and linked it to whale.

Priority does not mean whale. IMO, whales are guys like Riley, Scott, Stone, Patterson, Simmons, Blount, (despite his immature approach to this recruitment), Breland, Trader, JS, etc. I’ll even throw in Carr.

And just because they’re not “whales” doesn’t mean they weren’t prioritized in the recruiting process, nor does it mean they’re average players.

Advertisement
Alright lol.

Whales are top 50 players imo, I’ll even stretch it to top 75…borderline 5-star talents, not CIS guidelines. Kendall Jackson sure as heck isn’t a whale, in fact I believe RVACane added him after a few whiffs and word we were treating him like a priority, just to calm people down about the state of DL recruiting at the time. CIS ran with the word priority and linked it to whale.

Priority does not mean whale. IMO, whales are guys like Riley, Scott, Stone, Patterson, Simmons, Blount, (despite his immature approach to this recruitment), Breland, Trader, JS, etc. I’ll even throw in Carr.

And just because they’re not “whales” doesn’t mean they weren’t prioritized in the recruiting process, nor does it mean they’re average players.

Everyone gets an A and a trophy for participation in America.

Alright lol.

Whales are top 50 players imo, I’ll even stretch it to top 75…not CIS guidelines. Kendall Jackson sure as heck isn’t a whale, in fact I believe RVACane added him after a few whiffs and word we were treating him like a priority, just to calm people down about the state of DL recruiting at the time. CIS ran with the word priority and linked it to whale.

Priority does not mean whale.
Depends what services you believe in. I'm with you as not a whale. I just see him as a very solid back and would love to have him, but casual onlookers may see #2 RB on On3 and #5 RB on Rivals and think he's the next big thing.

Depends what services you believe in. I'm with you as not a whale. I just see him as a very solid back and would love to have him, but casual onlookers may see #2 RB on On3 and #5 RB on Rivals and think he's the next big thing.
That’s fair enough, won’t push back on that. Very talented player that lacks top end speed for me to say he’s a whale imo, but will undoubtedly improve the floor of the RB room and is as good of an RB2 in a class as you can have.

Advertisement
Gaby on the podcast was asked who his most likely last 2 recruits to end the class with at Miami: Obviously its Lyle and Mincey, but he did mention that Adarius Hayes may have some circumstances that could help miami in the end and he notes him as a possible Flip.

Advertisement
Hopefully this weekend we get a bit of finality on some of our portal targets.... Portal been open for a little bit now and we still haven't landed anyone officially.... I'm not looking for a rush job by any means just a bit of positive progress.... Getting the QB issue would absolutely get things rolling I feel... As we've seen in the past once one falls in line more immediately follow...

Advertisement
1702663310071.png

Advertisement
Vultures are circling over the recruiting class in Gainesville. Have to figure out a way to sneak LJ out of there (yea, I know Cribby, Geo etc say we've got no chance)

Puppy Chasing GIF by Storyful

Tejeda's prediction record is like 12-170 and disappeared from here after his BS spreadsheet a few years ago. Congrats to him for being right, a rare occurrence.
Lol.yeah this board can be ruthless.Tejada didnt last long with his crayons an markers and another cat that took off was Chalupa and his flowers.

Advertisement
Back