2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

My top 5

1. Jeremiah Smith
2. Jeremiah Smith
3. Jeremiah Smith
4. Jeremiah Smith
5. Jeremiah Smith
I think Ellis Robinson needs to be looked at the same way we look at JJ Smith. Robinson is a day 1 draft pick in waiting at CB. That kid is legit. Those two sit at the top of the board for me. He's the best CB prospect since PS2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
From the athletic

“Their jaws just dropped,” Cristobal said. “They’re right on the edge, waiting to see. This was just the beginning. We have a lot of guys committed elsewhere who we’re fixing to flip.”
everyone GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
From the athletic

“Their jaws just dropped,” Cristobal said. “They’re right on the edge, waiting to see. This was just the beginning. We have a lot of guys committed elsewhere who we’re fixing to flip.”
In July and August, I said let’s see where we are in December. Many killed me for saying that. Today, I’m saying I can’t wait for December. Lol.
Season 2 Starz GIF by Hightown

Advertisement
Advertisement
In July and August, I said let’s see where we are in December. Many killed me for saying that. Today, I’m saying I can’t wait for December. Lol.
Season 2 Starz GIF by Hightown

Such a risky game waiting for flips.... on one hand wait until Dec or day before signing day and a flip happens very little time for the other side to counterpunch and you make a huge media statement everyone is buzzing about. BUT also no guarantee the kid holds true to his word, we had a few over the years that were supposed to come and didnt for whatever reason. Flip side nice to have someone flip now and help with other recruiting but you give the other side more of an opportunity to fight back. I will say however the general rule is once you flip, you may flip again but it rarely is back to the same school. Again I know we have some exceptions to this very statement but as a general rule I think that holds true .

Mario won’t be left holding plan C & D kids like we’ve seen in the past. The reason that it may work this year, is put on field performance last year hurt us so bad. If we get 10+ wins and start feeling the energy we had for those 2 weeks in 17’ (ND & VT). We could really make guys reconsider their choice.

Such a risky game waiting for flips.... on one hand wait until Dec or day before signing day and a flip happens very little time for the other side to counterpunch and you make a huge media statement everyone is buzzing about. BUT also no guarantee the kid holds true to his word, we had a few over the years that were supposed to come and didnt for whatever reason. Flip side nice to have someone flip now and help with other recruiting but you give the other side more of an opportunity to fight back. I will say however the general rule is once you flip, you may flip again but it rarely is back to the same school. Again I know we have some exceptions to this very statement but as a general rule I think that holds true .
I do think the transfer portal helps to mitigate the risk of the flip strategy. Teams can go shopping for what this miss on signing day

Advertisement
Back