Flemming de-commits

He traded one irrelevant, formerly great program from the 80-90s for another. Lincoln’s a better college town I suppose. We’re gonna need to show results on the field before we start recruiting better

Advertisement
Here's a question:

Why is every kid that de-commit considered lazy and entitled? We're not some coal-mining team. We were built on speed, competitiveness, and athletes that were better than yours. I know Golden brain washed this fan base to think otherwise, but I'm here to tell you we beat teams b/c we were better than them by a country mile. We had guys who were highly sought after, coupled w/ guys who were grossly underrated (but we had talent evaluators who were good at picking such players) We had coaches who were sought after by the NFL. Schnelly, offered partnership w/ the USFL. Jimmy, NFL. Erickson, NFL. Butch, NFL (and this is when our legacy stopped). We had coaches who were tacticians and had a staff full of future head coaches or NFL coordinators. THAT'S Miami, not a team full of guys who "want" to be at Miami; no....we had a team full of guys who DESERVED to be at Miami b/c we created that culture.

So no, I'm not going to call every single de-commit lazy or entitled. How can we recruit effectively when we don't even have an established identity yet? Are we smash mouth? Are we spread? Are we RPO? Are we pro-style? It's kind of hard to recruit a kid when you can't definitively tell them the recruit what the plan is for them.
Who is saying every decommit is lazy and entitled? This is a thread about Marcus Fleming and in this thread plenty of people who have plenty of juice when it comes to what is really going on has commented about the kid. Do you not like the adjectives lazy and entitled to describe someone who doesn’t put in the extra work and walks off the field unhappy at times? Does The word entitled to describe the kid offend? From what people are saying it’s enough for one to believe this kid is lazy and entitled is that not the case? I'm not calling every kid who decommits lazy and entitled, but i am calling this kid.

You will put on for any other staff or team and talk bad all about our own. What is Nebraska's identity besides for most likely missing a bowl for the second year under Frost? What have they won in the last 20 years, what has Frost done besides make up a mythical national title and get destroyed against any team with a pulse and losing to most other teams. Mike Riley didn't lose this much and he would've recruited players that frost could use for his system so it's not like Frost needs to completely rehaul the roster from another coach who had a polar opposite philosophy and identity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
if we get daz and hes healthy, hes better than fleming. that kid is not a 4.8 and even though i love speed, jerry rice didnt have a great 40 time and hes the goat as far as wr. im scared about daz injury history but hes a polished wr and hes ALWAYS behind the dbs.

And worsham is BIGGER

Who is saying every decommit is lazy and entitled? This is a thread about Marcus Fleming and in this thread plenty of people who have plenty of juice when it comes to what is really going on has commented about the kid. Do you not like the adjectives lazy and entitled to describe someone who doesn’t put in the extra work and walks off the field unhappy at times? Does The word entitled to describe the kid offend? From what people are saying it’s enough for one to believe this kid is lazy and entitled is that not the case? I'm not calling every kid who decommits lazy and entitled, but i am calling this kid.

You will put on for any other staff or team and talk bad all about our own. What is Nebraska's identity besides for most likely missing a bowl for the second year under Frost? What have they won in the last 20 years, what has Frost done besides make up a mythical national title and get destroyed against any team with a pulse and losing to most other teams. Mike Riley didn't lose this much and he would've recruited players that frost could use for his system so it's not like Frost needs to completely rehaul the roster from another coach who had a polar opposite philosophy and identity.

Go to EVERY de-commit thread, and you will see your rhetoric of lazy and entitled. So was he entitled and lazy when he committed here? If he was, then shouldn't we again blame this staff of mis-evaluating yet another player?

Advertisement
I thought LCE said this wasn’t so much a mutual decision as it was that Stubbs essentially ignored this kid away.

Fleming was looking for an excuse to go elsewhere. Why take the visits to Maryland and Nebraska? The kid had other offers - these two couldn't have been the best choice he had. If they were, that also says alot. I'm with Manny on this one.

Fleming is a pouty situational deep threat with limited positional skill. Pope was a better prospect and he's essentially a 2nd string situational deep threat in this offense. This is not a big loss - he probably would have transferred anyway when he wasn't getting early PT.

The obvious trend with WR recruiting is that Stubblefield (and likely Enos) prioritizes skill over athleticism. Worsham, Emilien and Lacy are all examples, and I want all 3. I'm sure the CIS box score/testing scout porsters will disagree and cry for more speed. We'll see who knows more about what traits are needed to be a good college WR - the Biletnikoff winner or the keyboard warriors.

Advertisement
If the staff dropped him we really cant judge if they were right/wrong till we compare him 3-4 years from now vs the receivers we end up taking.

Thanks captain obvious.

Just like every take, same with every pass or drop...But we have a message board to discuss things, so here we are

Go to EVERY de-commit thread, and you will see your rhetoric of lazy and entitled. So was he entitled and lazy when he committed here? If he was, then shouldn't we again blame this staff of mis-evaluating yet another player?
What does the bolded have to do with our conversation? I think you're reaching here. however since you brought it up, Go back to this thread and see what the kids who have decommitted from here are doing now. You know the ones that left and everyone said our staff sucks, we can't recruit, we need these kids cause they will ball elsewhere. How many of them are starters? How many of them are actually difference makers? 2 or 3 and only 1 of them a real loss (Hendo). Are you willing to admit that you were wrong when the majority of these kids left our classes?

Also are you sure that this kid committed to this staff? Again you're blaming the staff for something they didn't do. they didn't accept his commitment in the first place. How is that on them? and unlike LCE and his opinion this kid was "all Miami." You can't really be "all Miami" when you're taking visits and looking for a way out. Or they can't be "all Miami" but get caught up in feelings with we're not calling all the time. That's not being "all Miami"

Advertisement
Back