Flemming de-commits

With these recent developments I like Marcus Clarke even more as an athlete and he brings speed, maybe he can be a solution since in his game he’s much more advanced as a receiver right now. Just a suggestion but We will be fine ultimately if we get Dazalin worsham and then finish up with Doug emilien. Still hate the loss of Fleming however it went down but we got to move on try to add as much receiver talent as we can regardless. Next man up
I understand what you are saying I'm just tired of letting guys go to other P5 schools and I'm not even talking about the elite of the elite guys I'm just talking about kids like Delancy, Fleming, Francois, and many others. I will say this though the staff overall is better at having back up options ready and not being left at the altar.

Advertisement
I got begged to oblivion for saying Stubby Phallus ain't gonna cut it here.
🤦🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️😂😂😂 #homersgonnaGOMER

I am not laying these corpses at the feet of Stubblefield. He cant make any moves unless Manny tells him too. Manny could have easily told him that he was F'n nuts and to make sure Fleming stays in this class like his job depended on it. Stubbs only does what Enos and ultimately Manny allow him to do. Can you imagine if Stroud went to Manny and said, "Hey Manolo, not really feeling this Chantz Williams kid. I think we should slow play him in favor of Jaylon Harrell instead since hes showing some legit interest." Would never happen. This is on Manny. And he better be right on this.

Theres just so much to dissect here.

1. Who tf is behind the moronic recruiting strategy that makes it an either/or between Flemming and Daz? You take them both if anything.

2. If in fact it was a Daz over Flemming situation, Stubbs deserves all the heat if he doesn't get his guy. I've defended Stubbs since Day 1, but this would be a huge L if he comes up empty handed.

3. Bad optics.
**** optics at this point.

We walk on egg shells in SoFl and still get punked by kids.

Offer who you want, drop who you want. If we win they'll come. Enough of the home town team having to be everyone's best friend and offer them out of the womb or risk being 'disrespectful'.

He is definitely a part of the problem...his offense is pretty average. The @WhatTheHell thread when Enos was first hired told you everything you needed to know about him and it has been on the nose.

However, the reality is, none of the WRs that we have are particularly special either. Part of that is coaching, some of that is on the player themselves.

But, from my seat...I struggle to find one good thing Stubblefield does. He's not recruiting well (two major decommits, one commit). He's not evaluating well (lack of offers throughout the year to round out the last two - now three - WR spots in this class). I, personally, do not think much of the WRs we have on the roster and I don't see as much improvement as some want to pound the table for.

He looks pretty worthless, to me. Kind of showing why he was a middling, journeyman, Group of 5 / lowest end Power 5 position coach all of these years. He's a jobber by any measure.

That doesn't absolve other coaches, but, to me, Stubblefield stinks and I struggle to see any angle a recruit would see where learning under this guy is in their best interest.

Two of our most criticized WRs the past year or more are looking like our top WRs now. Harley and Wiggins. Let's pump the brakes on Stubbs not doing anything well. He's as much responsible for their improvement as Thomas stepping back that you used in your own argument. Can't have it both ways.

Advertisement
**** optics at this point.

We walk on egg shells in SoFl and still get punked by kids.

Offer who you want, drop who you want. If we win they'll come. Enough of the home town team having to be everyone's best friend and offer them out of the womb or risk being 'disrespectful'.

But we gotta win;

U’re my guy right, and I respect u as a poster. Let me ask, prior to Shannon, any recollection of us having to walk on egg shells around So Fla recruits?

Man why would you drop this kid. This kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Plus that 2021 MNW is sick why **** up the pipeline.

if we get daz and hes healthy, hes better than fleming. that kid is not a 4.8 and even though i love speed, jerry rice didnt have a great 40 time and hes the goat as far as wr. im scared about daz injury history but hes a polished wr and hes ALWAYS behind the dbs.

Then drop some people and recruit the best, that is his job and besides Riggins and Smith, I can name some more recruits who could be replaced or dropped for better

Could but ALOT of needs, not just LB...And again we only play 2 traditional ones at the same time.

Advertisement
if we get daz and hes healthy, hes better than fleming. that kid is not a 4.8 and even though i love speed, jerry rice didnt have a great 40 time and hes the goat as far as wr. im scared about daz injury history but hes a polished wr and hes ALWAYS behind the dbs.
We went from getting both to now only having one. Still a net loss even if Daz is a perceived better WR.

W our problems of keeping players healthy, not sure we want to take a flyer on a kid w a history of injuries.

Advertisement
We went from getting both to now only having one. Still a net loss even if Daz is a perceived better WR.
fleming doesnt like to lift, he doesnt like to block, etc. hes very fast but raw. I mean i love speed but manny wasnt waiting around for him. he didnt want him taking visits.

Seems like Enos likes bigger more possessions receivers. Always need burners to make 10 yard catches into 20-25 yard gains

And the occasional 80...If he values bigger, more possession wr...Then how come Wiggins didn't get a snap vs. UF, took forever to get int he lineup...And how come Hightower was ran right outta here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
fleming doesnt like to lift, he doesnt like to block, etc. hes very fast but raw. I mean i love speed but manny wasnt waiting around for him. he didnt want him taking visits.

Looks like travis benjamin but an extra 10-15lbs bigger to me? Plus he plays at a pretty important school ya know.

You the blind defender of all staff (and I'm not a negative nancy or sky is falling by any means, I've had drawn out arguments with those types who attack the staff for every little thing) taking no track record stubbs side, shocker

I can attest to this. Skeeter takes a long time to sour on a staff....if he's this negative about them in year 1 something is really going bad.

I can attest to this. Skeeter takes a long time to sour on a staff....if he's this negative about them in year 1 something is really going bad.

Haha...Thanks I think.

And let it be said...Diaz does some things I like out of the blue sometimes. And obviously the recent offense uptick obviously has me optimistic

They are just making recruiting a lot tougher than it needs to be. Like who the **** is Stubbs to come in and go out of his way to not make Sofla a priority?

There is a formula here, it's not always gonna be easy til they start winning, but ya gotta stick to that proven formula. You are in a fertile recruiting ground, take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back