Fleming still strong with Miami, focused on winning states

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Miami Northwestern 4-star WR Marcus Fleming has been committed to the Hurricanes since June of 2018, an eternity in the recruiting world. Some were concerned when he did not show up on campus for Paradise Camp over the summer, but Fleming says nothing’s changed with his commitment status.

“Everything’s good with them,” Fleming said of Miami. “I talk often with coach Stubbs, coach Cooney, and coach Enos.”

In the past few months, Fleming has gotten a chance to bond with new WR coach Taylor Stubblefield and Fleming is a fan of what Stubblefield has brought to the receiver group at UM.

“I just like everything he’s doing,” Fleming said of Stubblefield. “How well he’s working with the receivers and everything like that.”

Fleming mentioned UM’s former WR coach Ron Dugans as a big factor in his commitment to Miami. With Dugans now at Florida State, he says FSU is the only other school he’s talking to aside from the Hurricanes and Fleming is leaving open the possibility of an official visit to Tallahassee.

“I’ll talk with Florida State and coach Dugans sometimes,” Fleming said. “He tells me about the campus and the rest of the coaches and to come visit. I may take an official there in the fall, but it’d be out of respect for coach Dugans more than anything else.”

Even without Dugans on board at Miami, Fleming insists that playing for the Hurricanes is about more than just one coach.

“I’ve always loved Miami. Ever since I got the offer, I knew I’d commit,” Fleming said. “It’s the crib, there’s nothing better than home… and also the tradition.”

With the season fast approaching, Fleming has no upcoming visits planned to schools and prefers to keep his eye on the prize of winning a state title at Miami Northwestern in 2019.

“I’m focused on winning states, we’re going to win it this year,” Fleming said. “We’re loaded here.”

Fleming is up to 5-10 165 pounds, and says he’d like to get to 175 before getting to Miami. He currently does not have plans to graduate early and enroll for spring ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
2020 Miami Northwestern 4-star WR Marcus Fleming has been committed to the Hurricanes since June of 2018, an eternity in the recruiting world. Some were concerned when he did not show up on campus for Paradise Camp over the summer, but Fleming says nothing’s changed with his commitment status.

“Everything’s good with them,” Fleming said of Miami. “I talk often with coach Stubbs, coach Cooney, and coach Enos.”

In the past few months, Fleming has gotten a chance to bond with new WR coach Taylor Stubblefield and Fleming is a fan of what Stubblefield has brought to the receiver group at UM.

“I just like everything he’s doing,” Fleming said of Stubblefield. “How well he’s working with the receivers and everything like that.”

Fleming mentioned UM’s former WR coach Ron Dugans as a big factor in his commitment to Miami. With Dugans now at Florida State, he says FSU is the only other school he’s talking to aside from the Hurricanes and Fleming is leaving open the possibility of an official visit to Tallahassee.

“I’ll talk with Florida State and coach Dugans sometimes,” Fleming said. “He tells me about the campus and the rest of the coaches and to come visit. I may take an official there in the fall, but it’d be out of respect for coach Dugans more than anything else.”

Even without Dugans on board at Miami, Fleming insists that playing for the Hurricanes is about more than just one coach.

“I’ve always loved Miami. Ever since I got the offer, I knew I’d commit,” Fleming said. “It’s the crib, there’s nothing better than home… and also the tradition.”

With the season fast approaching, Fleming has no upcoming visits planned to schools and prefers to keep his eye on the prize of winning a state title at Miami Northwestern in 2019.

“I’m focused on winning states, we’re going to win it this year,” Fleming said. “We’re loaded here.”

Fleming is up to 5-10 165 pounds, and says he’d like to get to 175 before getting to Miami. He currently does not have plans to graduate early and enroll for spring ball.

Thanks for giving this kid a platform to speak to the fan base and get some of the recognition he deserves. Comes across well, seems humble and focused. Glad he’ll be a Cane.

Advertisement
Back