Flagship station?

Advertisement
Rose has always done that. He’s a homer but will interview every big time coach from around the country.

Mario knows how to play chess. We may not like it, but even our flagship station is going to let a UM alum have a few minutes of platform.

Advertisement
560 interviewing Cristobal this morn and its basically a recruiting pitch for Oregon. I know its petty but that ***** annoying and doubt it happens much at other teams flagship station. What do you guys think?
Haha. Is what it is on that. Hes got tons of relationships here. Wanna know the one that ****es me off. How bout the show that we sponsor larry ****** blustien who brings on coaches from all around the country every week to recruit local kids.

Haha. Is what it is on that. Hes got tons of relationships here. Wanna know the one that ****es me off. How bout the show that we sponsor larry ****** blustien who brings on coaches from all around the country every week to recruit local kids.
Great point

Blu is the worst. I know it's not nice to say that because he really is an incredibly nice person, he's been sick, he is as involved in the HS game down here as anyone etc etc, but he doesn't know a thing about evaluating. And he's wayyyyyy too nice. He's the **** Vitale of SFL HS recruiting. Every single kid he talks about is the best prospect in the history of the world. Nice guy, but he's totally useless.

Agreed, Blu couldn’t evaluate out of a paper bag if he tried. It is irritating to provide a platform for other schools to waltz in and personally recruit So FL kids but there’s not much we can do except maybe flood the airwaves or social media and display our frustration

Advertisement
w regards to bringing on UF and FSU coaches, it sucks but we have to remember that SFL is filled w FSU and UF alumni and fans. gotta placate all your listeners and not just a segment (also, rose has a ton of those listeners w his Fins coverage).

Advertisement
To be honest I don’t think it matters at all, no recruit listens to an interview on AM radio and basing his decision off that, maybe a parent can like how a HC comes across, but even that is a stretch to me. It's a little worse if it's another one of the big 3, but kids will know them well regardless

Last edited:
Like some star high school player is like "I had no idea who Mario Cristobal was until I heard him on AM radio! Now I wanna go to Oregon!"

Advertisement
Like some star high school player is like "I had no idea who Mario Cristobal was until I heard him on AM radio! Now I wanna go to Oregon!"

lol no hs recruit is listening to sports AM radio in general.

We have zero loyalty on our Flagship stations. Just being here in The Bay.....naw, scrap that. Being in LA, who all would agree is one of the most culturally diverse areas in The U.S, fans of different teams all around, yet on USC’s flagship, they talked about USC only. They briefly talk about CFB in general, and the only coaches that were allowed to come on were coaches who USC face the coming week.

The only alum allowed to come on were former players, and if they were coaching at another P5 school, the conversation was strictly about their time at SC and they may ask a general ? like “what do you hope for your program?” That’s it.

All that rival coach having a weekly show, letting Cristobal airwave recruit, having coaches come on the airwaves to recruit is bull chit. Our media coverage sucks, whether it be reporters asking dumb ?’s, not asking tough ?’s, or simply allowing outside coaches feel real comfortable. We need to put an end to that, and hopefully once we flex a little more, we put that out there.

Advertisement
Back