Flagship station?

Advertisement
We have zero loyalty on our Flagship stations. Just being here in The Bay.....naw, scrap that. Being in LA, who all would agree is one of the most culturally diverse areas in The U.S, fans of different teams all around, yet on USC’s flagship, they talked about USC only. They briefly talk about CFB in general, and the only coaches that were allowed to come on were coaches who USC face the coming week.

The only alum allowed to come on were former players, and if they were coaching at another P5 school, the conversation was strictly about their time at SC and they may ask a general ? like “what do you hope for your program?” That’s it.

All that rival coach having a weekly show, letting Cristobal airwave recruit, having coaches come on the airwaves to recruit is bull chit. Our media coverage sucks, whether it be reporters asking dumb ?’s, not asking tough ?’s, or simply allowing outside coaches feel real comfortable. We need to put an end to that, and hopefully once we flex a little more, we put that out there.

isnt LA a big time USC area w little presence of other fans or no? id argue that SFL has a ton of FSU/UF alums along w local ties with mario that it makes sense to have more than just Canes fans listening (which is the case).

isnt LA a big time USC area w little presence of other fans or no? id argue that SFL has a ton of FSU/UF alums along w local ties with mario that it makes sense to have more than just Canes fans listening (which is the case).

SC is def a monster in LA; but I wouldn’t discount UCLA either. Matter of fact, most of my boys r UCLA fans b/c when we grew up, UCLA was peppering SC in the 90’s. Most of us didn’t get into CFB until like 11-12 (except me, I was 5 & made my allegiance to The U).

So u gotta understand, 80’s babies at that age only saw UCLA dominate during that era. USC didn’t get its swag back til like 99 or 2000, but by that time, my people’s were all UCLA. So UCLA gets love in LA, as well.

560 interviewing Cristobal this morn and its basically a recruiting pitch for Oregon. I know its petty but that ***** annoying and doubt it happens much at other teams flagship station. What do you guys think?
I can't stand when bucket head does that. Use to have cluckbo on all the time.

Advertisement
Haha. Is what it is on that. Hes got tons of relationships here. Wanna know the one that ****es me off. How bout the show that we sponsor larry ****** blustien who brings on coaches from all around the country every week to recruit local kids.
That little worm....

What recruit is listening to the radio anyway? Or anybody for that matter.

I'm sure it's BOOOOM BOOOOOM BLASTING for a the world to enjoy with F bombs galore and scrapping the bumper down the street and not anything on AM.

GOCANES

SC is def a monster in LA; but I wouldn’t discount UCLA either. Matter of fact, most of my boys r UCLA fans b/c when we grew up, UCLA was peppering SC in the 90’s. Most of us didn’t get into CFB until like 11-12 (except me, I was 5 & made my allegiance to The U).

So u gotta understand, 80’s babies at that age only saw UCLA dominate during that era. USC didn’t get its swag back til like 99 or 2000, but by that time, my people’s were all UCLA. So UCLA gets love in LA, as well.
Yup UCLA took advantage of John Robinson running SC into the ground. Lots of 80's babies down here who became semenhole fans(non-alums) did so because the first probation had us down...

Advertisement
What recruit is listening to the radio anyway? Or anybody for that matter.

The recruits aren't listening to WQAM, but the street agents and the recruiting world's uncle willie's sure are. In the recruiting world those people are called the influencers. It's all part of the insidious south Florida recruiting machine to #GottaFeedDaFam

Go Canes

Link to WQAM audio interview with Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
Back