Flagg and Jennings

Advertisement
Happy Hour Reaction GIF

When thinking of having flowe here

It wouldn’t matter that Flowe signed here. He would still be on the bench while Jennings and McCloud stunk up the joint.

Lol I’m done with it. Outside of brooks there really isn’t anybody in the team you can say without a doubt should play before Flagg. And it took him 4 games.. as a true freshman. Yes he does lack the athletic ability we all want.. but in context what he’s doing isn’t normal.. if he was bad he wouldn’t be talked about right now
My question is why isn’t Huff playing. He was here a year before Flagg.

Advertisement
Lol Manny wants the slow/ hard hitting LB’s. If he could clone Shaq and Pinckney every year, he’d be the happiest coach in America.. Hopefully when Baker and Patke are fired the next two will understand we need speed at that position..

Lol Manny wants the slow/ hard hitting LB’s. If he could clone Shaq and Pinckney every year, he’d be the happiest coach in America.. Hopefully when Baker and Patke are fired the next two will understand we need speed at that position..
Exactly...a player can be supremely smart and know exactly where the play is going...but if he cant get there to make the play what’s the use of him being out there. I’ve seen it too many times in football. One step late...touchdown

Last edited:
Advertisement
We know you’ve always said this, that hasn’t been questioned. What’s in question is whether you have been proven to be correct about Flagg’s ability or the lack thereof.
Your earlier posts basically said “I told y’all he sucked”. I disagree. I don’t think he sucks and I don’t think it’s been proven that he does yet.
I think he's too slow which teams that are good will exploit. U never beating a Clemson unless they start recruiting slow running backs and players he can catch. Yes the kid does his assignments but u need speed in today's cfb against the elite.
Also to me a great Miami linebacker is a high draft pick that's what I grew upon that's what I saw. My standard has always been bring the best it's like being a Yankee fan. Bring the best

Did y’all watch the same game? Flagg played better than two of the starters.. I’m not even trying to cape. You can find me in the thread last night criticizing him. He legit diagnosed plays better than the starters. Now if the argument is it’s too soon for him to be playing I agree but either y’all don’t know which keys he’s reading or understand the scheme or both. With all that being said the only LB on our team that would have been worth anything last night was Brooks
Agreed, he played far better than Jennings.

So your content with our inside backer play up to this point?

The Patriots, more so than any other team, always makes a steadfast effort to have at least two linebackers to play 1st and 2nd down. Smart, block-shedding & slipping linebackers. And their run defense has benefited from this greatly under Bill.

Flagg may never sniff 100 tackles, may never go pro, but he is our run-stuffing backer for the next 3-4 years, and it looks like he'll be great in that role for us. Albeit, he looks like JV defensive tackle, the kid just has a pure knack for sniffing out plays.
I think our LB play is an abomination. But that doesn't mean I'm going to gush over Flagg and his 1 tackle just because he's not Jennings or McCloud.

Advertisement
You think he was coached to do that at Miami or at northwestern ?
I would hope we do those type of drill during individual periods at practice. That’s basic things I learned about the position in little league.

You can be coached to death on those things though but if you don’t have the instincts or lateral movement, you will never get to the spot, especially against dudes like Etienne

Advertisement
I'll eat some crow on Flagg, I definitely jumped the gun there.

Jennings and McCloud should never play another meaningful snap here.

I'll say it in this thread. Flagg isn't the athlete as others, but dude is moving his feet on snap and knows how to read keys. Jennings and McCloud can't react fast enough and often pause for 2 seconds. When they do move quickly, they over pursue or hit the wrong gap

Advertisement
Back