Flagg and Jennings

What bugs me out is mostly everyone fought for the kid and it was why I was so adamant about him. I just couldn't understand how a logical canes fan can watch his tape and thing "gem"
I knew right there and then 90% of the forum smokes crack.

Most of our fans sit on the recruiting board claiming stars don't matter, and everyone we take is a stud who wants to be a Cane.

Then during the season they excuse our losses because we "aren't as talented and need more time to recruit the right guys."

It's an insane cycle.

Advertisement
Flagg was handpicked and the coaches talked about how great he was and blah blah blah... I don’t get it, I really don’t. On a positive note, they do have Brooks, TAC, and Huff. But will they play those guys...

Flagg will get better.

His problem is athleticism and the game being to fast mentally too fast. He isn’t a guy who can shine as a freshman.

We took him because he diagnoses plays fast and gets to the ball through traffic. He will be a good run stopping lb before he leaves but his speed will get exposed on the perimeter.

Most of our fans sit on the recruiting board claiming stars don't matter, and everyone we take is a stud who wants to be a Cane.

Then during the season they excuse our losses because we "aren't as talented and need more time to recruit the right guys."

It's an insane cycle.
The speed and physicality was evident but I knew this going in because they recruit at a different clip. Do we get some good ones? Yea but when we get the good ones who are we battling against for that one or two good one? Is Clemson putting there best effort to get Flagg or whomever? They had more dogs regardless of ranking they just looked faster off the word hike.

This doesn't mean we can't win the rest of the schedule which we should. It's alarming and questionable af when our two best defensive player standouts are transfers. We need to do a better job identifying and at least at LB and CB that won't improve cause they been here for than 4 years already and it hasn't.

Flagg was a good take. Clemson has all kind of guys just like him that have played well for them.

Our problem is missing on the athletic guys you need to complement players like him.

Shaq, Jennings, and McCloud were all similar players and were asked by this staff to do things they never showed on tape in high school. They are big time thumpers but slow diagnosing plays. They don’t navigate traffic particularly well and turn their shoulders parallel to the line of scrimmage to chase plays.

They are the type of guys you have to keep clean with your defensive tackles and allow them to attack their gap assignments without too much thinking. They would have been big time thumpers and intimidators in a traditional 4-3 but our scheme exposes their weaknesses.

The staff is all over the place in their evaluations. I like the Flagg take, but he is nowhere near ready from snaps against teams like Clemson. Even at his best, he will have to be used situationally and not be asked to chase fast players.

Advertisement
When u put a full court press on Flagg who no real texas team wanted...our evals are concerning. Your in sfla and put a full court press on a bethune cookman level linebacker. Don't care about HS stats that kids film was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

It's super concerning.....Clemson's coaches wouldn't be able to fix him he shouldn't be here. Our staff is horrible at corner and linebacker evals. Our best two defenders are transfers that's bad.
This goes back to why not bring in butch davis before but definitely after coach richt was stupid as ****, you talking bout eye for talent, but more importantly tem structure and us getting back our identity, we got a few we'll coached and very well prepared team that we normally play in UVA and Unc as well as Pitt.

We got the linebacker talent needed to get the job done, if coach shannon was the d-co, it would've been a different story out their yesterday and going forward.

We went all the way to Texas to take a 5'10" dude that runs a 5.00. Lmao.

If you're gonna be scooting around that tiny at LB you better run like a cheetah.
We went all the way to Texas to take a 5'10" dude that runs a 5.00. Lmao.

If you're gonna be scooting around that tiny at LB you better run like a cheetah.

But Bro, he was good in high school bro

This goes back to why not bring in butch davis before but definitely after coach richt was stupid as ****, you talking bout eye for talent, but more importantly tem structure and us getting back our identity, we got a few we'll coached and very well prepared team that we normally play in UVA and Unc as well as Pitt.

We got the linebacker talent needed to get the job done, if coach shannon was the d-co, it would've been a different story out their yesterday and going forward.
Lol good attempt I appreciate the effort

Advertisement

It's an insane cycle.

When you got Clemson level coaching stars don’t matter because you find guys with the right traits and coach them up.

When you got Miami level coaching..... they still don’t matter because we waste them.

Clemson’s 2 and 3 stars outperform our blue chip guys. That ain’t talent. That is preparation and deployment.

We would waste 5 star guys here. Tutu Atwell is an All American talent. He would be on the bench if he came here. He would struggle in limited minutes and we would cry “Why did we sign this midget”.

We do this over and over. Guys look better elsewhere BECAUSE they didn’t come here.

We still have a lot to fix

Flag and Jennings are all American players. Just ask Baker and Patke. More importantly than that though- they are all Americans in life.

When u put a full court press on Flagg who no real texas team wanted...our evals are concerning. Your in sfla and put a full court press on a bethune cookman level linebacker. Don't care about HS stats that kids film was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

It's super concerning.....Clemson's coaches wouldn't be able to fix him he shouldn't be here. Our staff is horrible at corner and linebacker evals. Our best two defenders are transfers that's bad.
They need to be camped out at T2 house. We need talent at LB. I don't give a **** how many schools he's been kicked out of or why. Get him here. Shaq and Pinckney were above average and right now what we have is a huge drop off from that. LB and WR are the worst groups I've seen at Miami.

Advertisement

We would do damage running what Shannon runs now. No doubt.

Did y’all watch the same game? Flagg played better than two of the starters.. I’m not even trying to cape. You can find me in the thread last night criticizing him. He legit diagnosed plays better than the starters. Now if the argument is it’s too soon for him to be playing I agree but either y’all don’t know which keys he’s reading or understand the scheme or both. With all that being said the only LB on our team that would have been worth anything last night was Brooks

Probably the best play from our LBs all season. Took a proper again to avoid the cut off block, scraped down the line, didn’t over/under pursue, then lowered the boom
You think he was coached to do that at Miami or at northwestern ?

Advertisement
I HATED THE FLAGG TAKE. They kept going on & on about how good he is, I think the only reason they took him is to get a pipeline going at North Shore. Idk if TAC played yesterday but when he did play this season he looked good.

Brooks beasted when he was in the game. WHY THE **** ISN'T HE PLAYING MORE?????????

Both are not Miami caliber LB's. Very concerning how weak we are in these spots
Brooks was a difference. He needs to stay on the field. McCloud was balling until he got hurt. I want more Brooks and Cave. We need T2 like old folk need soft shoes.

It's an insane cycle.
I hope all the “stars don’t matter” guys were watching last night. Clemson had a five star QB and both their corners were five stars. And they showed out. Don’t get me started on their dline

Advertisement
Back