Flagg and Jennings

Advertisement
I love how dudes feel like they’ve been vindicated about not believing in Flagg’s ability after one game of footage during his freshman year and vs the #1 team in the nation. Not to mention that he performed better than his older counterparts with the stars, offers and measurables that these same dudes covet.
nah i always said this and if hes good then ill eat crow...........hes slow af. He looked bad in that espn game in HS. That was the tape i looked at not the highlights cause they are highlights

a lot of what we're seeing now is the product of a terrible rash of injuries to guys like steed, jennings and joyner early in their careers. this never gets brought up but very clearly a factor in what's going on w/ the linebacker rotation right now. in the 19/20/21 classes we will have taken brooks, huff, austin-cave, tyler johnson, thomas davis... plus two MLBs in flagg and troutman. does anyone have problems w/ these evaluations (outside of flagg who btw has been on campus less than a year)? personally what i see here is what ppl post endlessly about -- upgrading speed and athleticism at that level. but it's not going to pay dividends this year, which is when the guys recruited behind shaq & pinckney should be playing, except two of them (steed, joyner -- the athletic ones) have essentially had their careers ruined by injuries.

it's very obvious if you look at recruiting where the defense is going -- LBs are being deemphasized by number, but the athleticism and traits are being scouted, and we're ramping up on safeties and strikers, incl big time athletes like james williams, avantae williams, chase smith, etc. there is no quick fix for this year but they're recruiting and shaping the defense w/ an eye towards athleticism, versatility etc.

Advertisement
nah i always said this and if hes good then ill eat crow...........hes slow af. He looked bad in that espn game in HS. That was the tape i looked at not the highlights cause they are highlights
We know you’ve always said this, that hasn’t been questioned. What’s in question is whether you have been proven to be correct about Flagg’s ability or the lack thereof.
Your earlier posts basically said “I told y’all he sucked”. I disagree. I don’t think he sucks and I don’t think it’s been proven that he does yet.

Last edited:
I don’t think Flagg’s as good as Pickney and Shaq were, but all you people scream about is speed at LB. which don’t get me wrong is a great trait to have but more important than speed is football iq when it comes to MLB and it seems for a freshman Flagg has that if you watch him play. I don’t understand how Flagg did anything that Wrong for everyone to cry over. HE’S A TRUE FRESHMAN.

Advertisement
We simply cannot have these guys playing meaningful snaps against good teams. Watching them run around reminds me of the Mike Wyche stunt in the bowl game. Overall team speed is a huge issue, but these 2 are next level slow.

Did you not watch Flagg's film? In fact, I know you haven't lol

I don’t think Flagg’s as good as Pickney and Shaq were, but all you people scream about is speed at LB. which don’t get me wrong is a great trait to have but more important than speed is football iq when it comes to MLB and it seems for a freshman Flagg has that if you watch him play. I don’t understand how Flagg did anything that Wrong for everyone to cry over. HE’S A TRUE FRESHMAN.
OP is dumb.

Flagg is a cerebral prodigy. Played flawlessly against the number 1 team in the nation.

Advertisement
Flagg is tough, physical and high IQ player. That being said he really lacks the top end athletic ability we need at the LB spot. Just imagine if Flowe had signed here....

Never seen so much carrying on over a 1 tackle performance.

So your content with our inside backer play up to this point?

The Patriots, more so than any other team, always makes a steadfast effort to have at least two linebackers to play 1st and 2nd down. Smart, block-shedding & slipping linebackers. And their run defense has benefited from this greatly under Bill.

Flagg may never sniff 100 tackles, may never go pro, but he is our run-stuffing backer for the next 3-4 years, and it looks like he'll be great in that role for us. Albeit, he looks like JV defensive tackle, the kid just has a pure knack for sniffing out plays.

Flagg is tough, physical and high IQ player. That being said he really lacks the top end athletic ability we need at the LB spot. Just imagine if Flowe had signed here....

But we have to keep production a priority over ability. We have 9 linebackers at the moment? And we're still shaking out who can play, or who SHOULD play.

Advertisement
Happy Hour Reaction GIF

When thinking of having flowe here

He’d be on the bench behind Jennings. But man imagine flowe and Sam Brooks on the field together. Would be unreal. T2 and Brooks can be the next best thing

Lol I’m done with it. Outside of brooks there really isn’t anybody in the team you can say without a doubt should play before Flagg. And it took him 4 games.. as a true freshman. Yes he does lack the athletic ability we all want.. but in context what he’s doing isn’t normal.. if he was bad he wouldn’t be talked about right now

Advertisement
Back