Flagg and Jennings

Our LBs are too slow to stop outside zone runs by Louisville. Never mind when the Clemson OC has them on skates with misdirection and screens.

Advertisement
I'm not sure how many times y'all need to go to the recruiting board to read about our linebacker recruiting. Its not an important position group to Manny in his defense and what he looks for isn't really what works in football today.

Just look at the highlight videos of our linebackers in HS. Most of them are between the tackles, downhill players with some tape of them lining up at the edge. A few of them are explosive (Sam Brooks, Tarik Austin-Cave) but that trait is pretty low on priority list for Miami under Manny Diaz.

If you look at the players we've "passed on" or didn't recruit very hard, many of them were sideline-to-sideline types, coverage types. These are the types of linebackers we are missing.

Lol good attempt I appreciate the effort
Nowhere coach shannon has been where the linebacking play wasn't sure top notch, do you ever see our linebackers looking like the recognize any play before it starts, mccloud's football I.Q. is not high at all. I'm happy for bubba bolden, he showed up all game, same with frierson, our db's played well. I like blake baker but this defense hasn't really improved under him, he made a few decent calls, but our defense isn't consistent because it's not fundamentally sound. I'm sure ed reed saw everything he needed to see yesterday and will speak on it.

One things for certain, our boy brian balom is legit, he makes sure he shows up, it's just a matter of time for him. As far as the linebackers, let us be reminded that blake baker also played the position as well when he was at tulane.
He had some ME (Mental Errors) but for the most part he played well. I'm excited for him.
Hitting the TE at the goal line showed me a lot about him.
TE got up all hype like he ran over a Dline player or LB. Yeah he stayed on his feet but a true freshman safety had him stumble sideways for about 3 yards.

Advertisement
They need to be camped out at T2 house. We need talent at LB. I don't give a **** how many schools he's been kicked out of or why. Get him here. Shaq and Pinckney were above average and right now what we have is a huge drop off from that. LB and WR are the worst groups I've seen at Miami.
and corners and DT need major nfl talent

I remember I got crucified for mentioning in the recruiting section that Flagg shouldn’t have ever even touch campus grounds. He was slow af on video highlights.

Advertisement
We would do damage running what Shannon runs now. No doubt.
People keep trying to act like it wasn't coach shannon's first year as the d-co when we won it all, the defense drastically improved after schiano left. I don't know if this has been said before but for real,if UM was serious about winning and getting back to where it needs to be and wants to keep ignoring an distancing themselves from the previous UM coaches that consistently got the job done, while I like coach diaz and he definitely has the potential to eventually be a good headcoach, but the time is now to go after coach mark stoops at Kentucky, no need in phucking around with these project headcoaches.

Especially if we don't end up playing Clemson at the end of the year again, NO EXCUSES!

He had some ME (Mental Errors) but for the most part he played well. I'm excited for him.
Hitting the TE at the goal line showed me a lot about him.
TE got up all hype like he ran over a Dline player or LB. Yeah he stayed on his feet but a true freshman safety had him stumble sideways for about 3 yards.
This man balom showed up more in this game and limited snaps than gurvan has these last few years. I'd start balom alongside bolden next game, we keep starting to many players that have either plateued but we need to keep inserting infusions into the defense, guys like keontra and balom need to be starting. Those 2 guys arehungry and leaders.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My wet dream LB depth chart:

Will: Huff / Cave / McCloud / Ragone

Mike: Brooks / Flagg / Steed / Jennings

Last edited:
I remember I got crucified for mentioning in the recruiting section that Flagg shouldn’t have ever even touch campus grounds. He was slow af on video highlights.
We all did. Trust me.

He’s a Cane, and he was literally thrusted in to a situation where the game was becoming out of hand. It felt like Clemson was legit toying with us. Ole buddy probably didn’t even think he was getting into the game, and I’m going to assume he sure as **** didn’t practice as if he was.

I still did not like the offer, but let’s give him a few more games to show. Hopefully we’re wrong about him. He played decent under the circumstances, but I can’t judge a green true freshman, coming into an non ideal situation against arguably the best team in the nation.

Advertisement
Back