Flacco to Broncos

Advertisement
Jackson is definitely a great college story, but I am glad he's not on my NFL team. That style of play never cuts it in the NFL.
He'll be a much better player with the new OC Greg Roman, Marty Mornhinweg didn't really allow for Lamar to maturate as a passer, he specifically crafted the Offense to go on a run to save the season & make the playoffs.

The Ravens got rid of Marty because they know he couldn't develop Lamar, he'll look like a much different QB in the new Offense.

As Ravens fan I love this move by Decosta.

Flacco was simply done with the Ravens & I appreciate all the great times he brought us especially on the Super Bowl run when he went **** near perfect in the playoffs, but it was time to move on.

Trading him saves the Ravens $10.5mill in cap space which allows them to resign other players they'd rather keep. His contract had run out of guaranteed money & there was no sense in keeping him as a $19million dollar a year backup QB.

This was probably a Gary Kubiak move for the Broncos since he coached Flacco with the Ravens in 2014. They haven't disclosed the details of the deal yet, but I'm hoping we at least got a 2nd & 4th round pick out of it lol
I'm a ravens too. I'm glad he's gone

I'm a ravens too. I'm glad he's gone
I am too, towards the last part of his time with the Ravens these last 5 or 6 seasons he's been a below average QB.

With a new OC Lamar will be a much better passer, we just need to revamp the WR corp, draft an every down RB & we'll be good going the forward.

Advertisement
I am too, towards the last part of his time with the Ravens these last 5 or 6 seasons he's been a below average QB.

With a new OC Lamar will be a much better passer, we just need to revamp the WR corp, draft an every down RB & we'll be good going the forward.
Exactly, we won our division without him. He's 9-7 Joe now.

He'll be a much better player with the new OC Greg Roman, Marty Mornhinweg didn't really allow for Lamar to maturate as a passer, he specifically crafted the Offense to go on a run to save the season & make the playoffs.

The Ravens got rid of Marty because they know he couldn't develop Lamar, he'll look like a much different QB in the new Offense.
I'll definitely be curious to see how he develops. It also didn't help that the Ravens' receivers are sub-par and lack a true #1 WR. It's crazy to think that Jackson started 8 games and eclipsed 200 yards passing just once (204 yards). Right now I'd take Josh Allen over Jackson.

Roman did wonders with Alex Smith and Kap. He's gonna take Lamar to the next level. He did most of the coordinating work last season for Baltimore anyway. Now he'll call the plays as well.

I'll definitely be curious to see how he develops. It also didn't help that the Ravens' receivers are sub-par and lack a true #1 WR. It's crazy to think that Jackson started 8 games and eclipsed 200 yards passing just once (204 yards). Right now I'd take Josh Allen over Jackson.
Josh Allen looks like Blake Bortles 2.0, maybe after his rookie year he'll continue to develop into a more accurate passer.

But I know one thing, The Ravens have a much better roster surrounding Lamar than the Bills do for Allen.

Advertisement
Mayfield is a dual threat guy, Darnold isnt any good so who reallyc ares
He isnt a dual threat. Dual threat is russsel wilson and deshaun watson. They can beat you running and throwing.

Mayfield is like rodgers they have enough mobility to be able to run if needed but they arent going to beat you running.

What is the last team to spend a top-15 first round pick on a QB in back-to-back years?

Probably the Miami Dolphins...Rick Norton with the 2nd pick in 1966, followed by Bob Griese with the 4th pick in 1967.

I was a young kid but I remember my dad loved it. He had already decided Norton was a bust after one season.

Good thing the Tannehill mentality wasn't applied by Joe Thomas and the rest of the Dolphins organization back in 1967. Otherwise Miami would have rationalized Rick Norton as a Happy Adjuster project, and we probably never get Don Shula or that '70s glory era. Shula emphasized that he came to the Dolphins largely because so much great young talent was already in place -- Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Morris, Stanfill, Anderson, Buoniconti, etc.

That looks a heck of a lot different if you don't have the quarterback.

Anyway, Flacco is worth more than Tannehill simply because he has done it on the big stage when needed, even if it was years ago. John Elway understands that, even if it is lost to the masses. It doesn't matter how Flacco and Tannehill have fared in relation to each other in the past few seasons. There is no reason to believe Tannehill would ever thrive in a series of playoff games, if the Broncos were that caliber of team. Tannehill went 7-6 with a 2011 Texas A&M team that was preseason #8 and was only underdog in one game all season.

Flacco is a reasonable short-term investment because the light and spark can return briefly. Tannehill is going to remain dullsville and jog off the field unconcerned after yet another 3rd down failure, no matter where he is.

Probably the Miami Dolphins...Rick Norton with the 2nd pick in 1966, followed by Bob Griese with the 4th pick in 1967.

I was a young kid but I remember my dad loved it. He had already decided Norton was a bust after one season.

Good thing the Tannehill mentality wasn't applied by Joe Thomas and the rest of the Dolphins organization back in 1967. Otherwise Miami would have rationalized Rick Norton as a Happy Adjuster project, and we probably never get Don Shula or that '70s glory era. Shula emphasized that he came to the Dolphins largely because so much great young talent was already in place -- Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Morris, Stanfill, Anderson, Buoniconti, etc.

That looks a heck of a lot different if you don't have the quarterback.

Anyway, Flacco is worth more than Tannehill simply because he has done it on the big stage when needed, even if it was years ago. John Elway understands that, even if it is lost to the masses. It doesn't matter how Flacco and Tannehill have fared in relation to each other in the past few seasons. There is no reason to believe Tannehill would ever thrive in a series of playoff games, if the Broncos were that caliber of team. Tannehill went 7-6 with a 2011 Texas A&M team that was preseason #8 and was only underdog in one game all season.

Flacco is a reasonable short-term investment because the light and spark can return briefly. Tannehill is going to remain dullsville and jog off the field unconcerned after yet another 3rd down failure, no matter where he is.
I will believe Arizona drafts a QB in the top of the first round when I see it. I am very happy Miami seems certain to move on from Tannehill. If we don't take a QB in the first round I am expecting an awful season, something akin to 2-14, and then Tua or Herbert in 2020.

And honestly, after so many years of mediocrity, I'm fine with that. Sometimes the whole thing needs to be torn down. This mediocrity merry-go-round is getting the Dolphins nowhere.

Advertisement
Mobility is one thing. Wilson and Drew have that. So did Bob Greise, Ken the Snake and a young Joe Willie. Any system that has the ability actually running the ball with any significance better start signing multiple cheap QBs, because, like RG III, they will not last. Not many Cam Newton’s around.

Josh Allen looks like Blake Bortles 2.0, maybe after his rookie year he'll continue to develop into a more accurate passer.

But I know one thing, The Ravens have a much better roster surrounding Lamar than the Bills do for Allen.
then you don’t watch him much. He was the only reason the Bills were in their last 6 games. They’re fielding a worse roster than the Cardinals. He does with no help unlike Lamar who looked like the absolute definition of a flash pan player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back