Five-Star Safety Jacoby Mathews

So then what put atm over the top for SS? Guaranteed PT? Greasing Moe’s skids? Courtney?

Advertisement
An NFL practice squad player makes $252k for a season for reference
The only thing NIL will do is prove how much these kids like playing for their coach/school. If these backloaded deals means the kid will make $300k or more vs as you said $250k on a practice squad, will say a lot. But I can’t imagine a kid that had that big of a deal staying for his senior year, will still have a spot on the team. He’s more than likely a guy that would be pushed to the portal. Recipe for disaster.

Advertisement
Yeah, hope they have some info behind that one, and aren't just going off that bull**** 'if it was about the money, I would've stayed home' comment.
That’s exactly what they are basing that off of but there is no evidence to suggest miami matched A&M’s offer. I am certain Miami made a nice offer but highest bidder won this one. It’s common sense.

Advertisement
****. Not sure why I thought he signed to Oregon. Maybe that was just a rumor. I think someone on here said they werent impressed with him when we played them last year. I **** sure didnt notice him. So maybe his tape isnt up to snuff.

This is an odd one, I think he was a 5 star, and when he first went into the portal this spring, all crystal balls initially went to Oregon, then it went quiet and Oregon took the portal safety from Bama tru freshman Peyton Woodard (sp?) from Cali. But it's odd bc Woodard hasnt taken any snaps in college and Matthews has played for 2 years. Maybe major off field issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Him and Cyrus Moss still not finding a home was a bit odd. Moss obviously still needed to gain weight but to not be anywhere through the portal cycle was a bit shocking for me.

I can understand Cyrus Moss, to an extent. He's been in a P4 S&C program for some time and still having issues putting on the weight/strength needed to play his position. He's still a project for whoever takes him

Matthews looks like a starter for any team in need of the help. He's a proven player who's played legit SEC football. If even Hugh Freeze isn't looking his way, he must of really messed up lol

I can understand Cyrus Moss, to an extent. He's been in a P4 S&C program for some time and still having issues putting on the weight/strength needed to play his position. He's still a project for whoever takes him

Matthews looks like a starter for any team in need of the help. He's a proven player who's played legit SEC football. If even Hugh Freeze isn't looking his way, he must of really messed up lol
From what I hear/read on Mathews is he missed a lot of team meetings and practices/ weight room

Pretty sure he was going to Oregon or FSU at one point. As mentioned, maybe some other issues at play here. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I’ve been saying this as carefully as possible since people started trashing Moss for how skinny he was (not saying you)

It’s not a simple eat food gain weight issue with him. It’s not a metabolism thing. The fact he isn’t anywhere now I don’t think has anything to do with his weight

Advertisement
Back