Five-Star Safety Jacoby Mathews

Advertisement
If you mean by shady ****, they getting ready to make the playoffs, then yes there is some shady **** going on. They on the move up, big time.

Which makes me wanna mention off of this post, to the fact that you can pay top dollar for players but coaching matters also. Jimbo is a heck of a coach. Doesn’t seem like they are doing anything Georgia hasent been doing. The coach matters. To me, that’s what makes them a threat

Plenty speculate he will take over the SEC once Saban retires.

A&M will be a tough battle for us in the next 2 years. Should be interesting to see how we match up.
There are 7 billion people in the world so i’m sure plenty believe everything you can imagine. But i’ve never seen that claim in any serious discussion here and it wasn’t made in this thread to my knowledge. The fact the someone says something like that elsewhere - if they did - isn’t a rationale to claim jimbo sucks.

There are 7 billion people in the world so i’m sure plenty believe everything you can imagine. But i’ve never seen that claim in any serious discussion here and it wasn’t made in this thread to my knowledge. The fact the someone says something like that elsewhere - if they did - isn’t a rationale to claim jimbo sucks.
chris tucker GIF

Advertisement
Lotta folks here seem to think they can defend an absurd post by claiming that some other people on the internet once posted something equally absurd in the other direction.

Someone allegedly said Jimbo was the next Saban so now it’s appropriate to claim he’s worse than trash.

Advertisement
Do we have any chance to get back involved here? Are we done as Safety?
He has an OV to UF coming in January, he already OV’d to TAMU, UT & UGA earlier in the year.

He can OV to LSU again because they had a HC change, but otherwise, as of now it’s still a LSU, UF, TAMU battle with UF gaining momentum because of his relationship with Corey Raymond.

Raymond & Mickey Joseph were the main guys recruiting him at LSU, but now that they’ve both left it remains to be seen what kind of effort Brian Kelly’s newly assembled staff is going after him, their new CB’s coach Kerry Cooks just got hired about 3 weeks ago & he had no prior relationship with Jacoby, so who knows how that turns out.

He more than likely could be like most high ranked Louisiana DB’s & be religiously loyal to LSU as a program, or his relationship with Raymond could win out. Or, he could be looking for a big bag & waiting on someone to pay up lol.

He announces his commitment on Feb 2 NSD.

He has an OV to UF coming in January, he already OV’d to TAMU, UT & UGA earlier in the year.

He can OV to LSU again because they had a HC change, but otherwise, as of now it’s still a LSU, UF, TAMU battle with UF gaining momentum because of his relationship with Corey Raymond.

Raymond & Mickey Joseph were the main guys recruiting him at LSU, but now that they’ve both left it remains to be seen what kind of effort Brian Kelly’s newly assembled staff is going after him, their new CB’s coach Kerry Cooks just got hired about 3 weeks ago & he had no prior relationship with Jacoby, so who knows how that turns out.

He more than likely could be like most high ranked Louisiana DB’s & be religiously loyal to LSU as a program, or his relationship with Raymond could win out. Or, he could be looking for a big bag & waiting on someone to pay up lol.

Thanks brother

Lsu fans are not hopeful and seem to think it’s a bama/UF battle. I’m guessing bama bc he’s been rumored to bama for several weeks now

Advertisement
Lightning in a bottle with Winston in 2013. Fisher is a corch.

Not entirely disagreeing but this is a lot of what I get into people here with on all the time. Who recruited Winston? Who coached him? Who recruited Dalvin? And all those kids in 2012-2014?

You’re right, Jimbo’s offense is antiquated and he needs a massive talent advantage to win if he’s going to continue to call the offense in the manner that he has been his entire career. But you can’t say “lightning in a bottle” like it was luck. If you wanna criticize him for being a corch, which is valid, you have to tip your cap for assembling those teams, which is also very deserved. Can’t kill people for negatives and not recognize their positives. It doesn’t work that way.

Lightning in a bottle with Winston in 2013. Fisher is a corch.
I wish people would stop saying this dumb sh*t so I could stop defending degenerates like jumbo. I don't care who your QB is, it takes a lot of talent on and off the field to win a NC. Not luck, talent. I don't have a lot to say about jumbo and I don't know if he'll do it again, but you can't take that year away from the guy. There are literally dozens of football coaches who would have messed that up, and it wouldn't have taken much. If I recall they were down a few times, against BC I believe. All it took was one stupid call and they lose that game and the championship. If nothing else, look how good TVD is and look how we lost to fsu this year. That should tell you all you need to know about it being a simple matter of finding a great QB.

Advertisement
Not entirely disagreeing but this is a lot of what I get into people here with on all the time. Who recruited Winston? Who coached him? Who recruited Dalvin? And all those kids in 2012-2014?

You’re right, Jimbo’s offense is antiquated and he needs a massive talent advantage to win if he’s going to continue to call the offense in the manner that he has been his entire career. But you can’t say “lightning in a bottle” like it was luck. If you wanna criticize him for being a corch, which is valid, you have to tip your cap for assembling those teams, which is also very deserved. Can’t kill people for negatives and not recognize their positives. It doesn’t work that way.
Yeah, that's exactly it. I always think of Coker. It's easy to say all he had to do was get out of the way and let the players coach themselves, but name another coach who would have done that. Jimbo's not a great coach, but he's one of the few active coaches who's managed to win it all, so he knows something.

Kind of insane how Kelly let Raymond walk.

Advertisement
Back