2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good

One less opportunity for UGA/OSU/LSU/someone that I’d actually be worried about lol.

….and yes I know UT has arguably one of the best players in the country committed to them. Save it. Big difference between giving the keys (and cash) to an elite QB and an elite OL signing with them.

One of the best who’s also Polynesian. I agree w/ u, though…we shouldn’t be worried, but any $EC team at this juncture of the new dawn of bags, I keep one eye on ‘em.

Advertisement
The only correct answer is,

Yes.
Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Advertisement
Good

One less opportunity for UGA/OSU/LSU/someone that I’d actually be worried about lol.

….and yes I know UT has arguably one of the best players in the country committed to them. Save it. Big difference between giving the keys (and cash) to an elite QB and an elite OL signing with them.
UT can pay top dollar for this kid. If they're willing to pay Nico 8 mill, then a mill, or two, to protect that investment is nothing.

UT can pay top dollar for this kid. If they're willing to pay Nico 8 mill, then a mill, or two, to protect that investment is nothing.

I wouldn’t argue against that, but I also don’t believe for one second that UT, or anyone for that matter is paying that kid 8Mil and this is all overblown lol. That’s JMO though, I know I’m in the minority. We better not get outbid for THIS kid, all I know lol

Could be just a term of respect. In Hawaii we called everyone Uncle or Auntie growing up, even parents of our close friends. I know he is not from there but it was the Polynesian culture that was behind it.

As a Cuban with a bunch of "tios" and "tias" that have ZERO blood relation but are basically family friends, neighbors, or even co-workers of family members, that's how I read it, too.

Signing Rashada would upset the current salary structure for QBs at UM. I would rather Ruiz get linemen like Mauigoa.
If Rashada signs here it won’t be because we will be the highest offer.

Advertisement
Could be just a term of respect. In Hawaii we called everyone Uncle or Auntie growing up, even parents of our close friends. I know he is not from there but it was the Polynesian culture that was behind it.

Yeah I was going to say the same. In Hawaii, if a kid's parents have friends that the kid saw a lot, the parents' friends will be called auntie or uncle even though there is no blood relation. In the past the program has had plenty of nephews/nieces/cousins spurn us, but I'm hoping this case it will be different because Polynesian kids tend to have huge respect for their elders.

Trenches!! Where chips are won
Throw him our biggest bag
we need elite big uglies!! we need him today more then Rashada
It is over if we open that elite Polynesian pipeline
Trenches are important but they take multiple classes to build up to that level. In the meantime, one top flight QB and you take it to the next level. Cam Newton took a decent program and made them win it all. Jimbo was stuck in that very good but cant win it all til he got Jameis. Then a couple years later after Clemson fans were depressed that not only was Clemsoning a real thing, it was here to stay they found themselves Deshaun Watson. Its not the only formula to win it all and if all things are equal you want the trench bullies like Bama had with Tua and Mac, but QB is one position where everything changes if you hit on the right guy. ****, in 2020 a decent QB in King nearly saved Manny Diaz before he got injured. Hopefully we have a decent one in TVD this year but my point remains. Keep recruiting the **** out of the trenches but again, 1 QB, just 1 can change the trajectory of not only your season but the direction of your program.

Advertisement
Good

Tennessee is a threat I’ll have to go back and find it but one of the 247 podcasts had said Nico flew out to Hawaii to meet up with some people connected to Francis like 3 weeks ago.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t argue against that, but I also don’t believe for one second that UT, or anyone for that matter is paying that kid 8Mil and this is all overblown lol. That’s JMO though, I know I’m in the minority. We better not get outbid for THIS kid, all I know lol
I believe it bro. Tennessee has the boosters to make it happen.

I do agree with you though Francis is a must get. Game changer with Zion leaving after this season, he could step right in at LT.

I thought that too regarding Tenn, but a reporter said he saw the contract. That mandel d-bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back