2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The more I think about this recruitment, the more I realize how big this could be for the program, from a national perspective.

Rashada was a huge get, no one is arguing that. It's kickstarted a ton of momentum with recruiting; but to most plugged in with recruiting - I don't think it came as that big of a surprise when it was all said and done. The same can be said concerning Ray-Ray, but after he de-committed from Clemson, it was almost a given he was staying home.

Francis was all UT bound. USC sniffed around and so did we, but I would say most around the country do not expect Miami here. Getting Francis would be a huge middle finger - not to just the SEC, but to the entire country - that the Miami Hurricanes are not to be f^cked with. The product on the field remains to be seen, but as for recruiting...we're a legit threat for anyone we want. We've got the coaches, we've got the commitment to facilities, and we've got bagmen.

Especially when you consider that in less than ten days, we could be looking at adding six blue-chippers (and even if we don't get Francis and snag Collins and Riley tomorrow, that's a **** of a stretch)...but finishing with a behemoth like Francis when all the publicity is surrounding Nico and NIL....oh man this would be sweet. That's some Ohio St, Bama, A&M, Texas type ish right there...

I think one part or people are missing is how dogged recruiters Mirabal, but especially Mario is. This is their position. This is the HC and the associate HC. Mario is a make a statement kinda guy, and even though he would take it the same way, this is not battling Bama, it's Tennessee and they deserve respect in their own right . But we might be missing how personal it is for our HC. He has been recruiting this guy long before Tennessee. Guys is from the west coast and coach Joe factors as well. If Tennessee offers the state capitol maybe its a offer too much but I don't know if we are giving enough credence to the personal aspect.

Advertisement
The more I think about this recruitment, the more I realize how big this could be for the program, from a national perspective. And I think Mario and those surrounding the program realize this.

Rashada was a huge get, no one is arguing that. It's kickstarted a ton of momentum; but to most plugged in with recruiting - I don't think it came as that big of a surprise when it was all said and done. The air kinda deflated from the balloon late...even a fair amount of the Gaytor relinquished him, much to their chagrin. The same can be said concerning Ray-Ray; ton of momentum, huge talent to win out on...but after he de-committed from Clemson, it was almost a given he was staying home.

Francis was all UT bound. USC sniffed around and so did we, but I would say most around the country do not expect Miami here. Getting Francis would be a huge middle finger - not to just the SEC, but to the entire country - that the Miami Hurricanes are not to be f^cked with. The product on the field remains to be seen, but as for recruiting...we're a legit threat for anyone we want. We've got the coaches, we've got the commitment to facilities, and we've got bagmen.

Especially when you consider that in less than ten days, we could be looking at adding six blue-chippers (and even if we don't get Francis and just snag Collins and Riley tomorrow, that's a **** of a stretch)...but finishing with a behemoth like Francis when all the publicity is surrounding Nico and NIL....oh man this would be sweet. That's some Ohio St, Bama, A&M, Texas type ish right there...
Great post

To your last point if we pull this off, I don’t remember anyone having a stretch like this

Would have to go back and check A&Ms timeline from last year but this is some next level ****

Not to take away from your point, I totally agree

Totally like the 3 stars this cycle are different than manny/golden/richt 3 stars
The more I think about this recruitment, the more I realize how big this could be for the program, from a national perspective. And I think Mario and those surrounding the program realize this.

Rashada was a huge get, no one is arguing that. It's kickstarted a ton of momentum; but to most plugged in with recruiting - I don't think it came as that big of a surprise when it was all said and done. The air kinda deflated from the balloon late...even a fair amount of the Gaytor relinquished him, much to their chagrin. The same can be said concerning Ray-Ray; ton of momentum, huge talent to win out on...but after he de-committed from Clemson, it was almost a given he was staying home.

Especially when you consider that in less than ten days, we could be looking at adding six blue-chippers (and even if we don't get Francis and just snag Collins and Riley tomorrow, that's a **** of a stretch)...but finishing with a behemoth like Francis when all the publicity is surrounding Nico and NIL....oh man this would be sweet. That's some Ohio St, Bama, A&M, Texas type ish right there...
This is Mario getting thibodeaux
He knows this is the program changing
recruit

1656638464164.gif

Advertisement
Serious question - do big a$$ samoans fit in at UT? In Knoxville...? Don't think so. I do know him and his family would fit right in at Miami though. That should matter.

Advertisement
Great post

To your last point if we pull this off, I don’t remember anyone having a stretch like this

Would have to go back and check A&Ms timeline from last year but this is some next level ****

Not to take away from your point, I totally agree
Come on man, you are better than that. It’s just been a very long time for us, but this is normal at Bama and other top recruiting programs. OSU had 5 guys rated 93 or better commit last week alone.

Tennessee hasn't done squat (maybe 3-4 good seasons in the last 40 years). They've been a dumpster fire for the last 10-15 years. Knoxville is out in the sticks and boring as heck. Compare that to Francis being the King of South Beach.

Advertisement
Serious question - do big a$$ samoans fit in at UT? In Knoxville...? Don't think so. I do know him and his family would fit right in at Miami though. That should matter.
Do we all just assume that because of the weather, ocean, and palm trees? Under that thought process, USC or Hawaii would be the best fit.

I’d focus more on the fact that we have two of the best OL coaches in America with a proven track record of developing guys.

Tennessee hasn't done squat (maybe 3-4 good seasons in the last 40 years). They've been a dumpster fire for the last 10-15 years. Knoxville is out in the sticks and boring as heck. Compare that to Francis being the King of South Beach.
Tennessee won the SEC east in 2007, we have never won the ACC, and only once have we won the coastal. The most recent NC for both programs is ‘01 and ‘98, respectively. ****, until last year Georgia hadn’t won a NC since the early 80s.

Come on man, you are better than that. It’s just been a very long time for us, but this is normal at Bama and other top recruiting programs. OSU had 5 guys rated 93 or better commit last week alone.
I honestly don’t follow other teams recruiting very closely. but that’s pretty crazy. Thanks for that.

Still over these next two weeks or so I’ve lost track of the guys we could land. I mean starting with Rashada what do we have like 10? Maybe more? Best case scenario of course

Maybe I got caught up haha but still….feels good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back