2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he comes to Miami, he will be developed into a first round pick by two great offensive line coaches. Which means more money in the long run. So do they take a little more now, go to Tennessee, and get some so so coaching? Or does he come to Miami, and get developed into a top 10 pick?

I know that, and you know that. But does the kid care?

And honestly, does it REALLY matter? If we're talking pennies on the dollar, you'd think he'd be coming here. But if there is a pretty significant gap in the offers, does a kid this good and this naturally gifted really think Miami's coaching will guarantee him more money than UT's would, down the road?

Mississippi State and NC State both just had Top 10 overall picks in the 2022 draft on the OL. Are their coaches better than UT's? (I genuinely don't know).

Advertisement
I mean… you do realize the same applies to us right? Also you are down playing that campus and Knoxville and the surrounding areas. It’s nice out there. I’m not taking it over Miami but the whole everywhere is a **** hole just doesn’t stand up to reality.
That area is nice but I was more alluding to culture fit for the kid

I know that, and you know that. But does the kid care?

And honestly, does it REALLY matter? If we're talking pennies on the dollar, you'd think he'd be coming here. But if there is a pretty significant gap in the offers, does a kid this good and this naturally gifted really think Miami's coaching will guarantee him more money than UT's would, down the road?

Mississippi State and NC State both just had Top 10 overall picks in the 2022 draft on the OL. Are their coaches better than UT's? (I genuinely don't know).
My understanding and this is based off the kid’s comments in an interview. He likes the UT OL coach but he hasn’t developed anyone like that. He wants to be that first guy

Advertisement
That area is nice but I was more alluding to culture fit for the kid
Yeah and… not being a ****head but Somoan culture isn’t exactly sprawling Metropolis. Sure Miami is way more diverse, no question there and the weather is similar, but is the vibe similar? yes and no but it’s not this slam dunk.

Makes sense. I don't buy the whole "the admin is now being cautious about how much money they're throwing around" bit - those guys have been targeting FM with NIL for a while now. I don't see them backing down.
I agree. I laugh at any school in the SEC being cautious throwing money around.

Advertisement
B0F9BC2B-9EDA-43CE-A62A-CE09ABCAAF8B.png

This right here is the selling point. Our coaches are better than UT’s at his position.
Exactly! Let me talk to Francis and point out that UT has had several 5 stars OT over the past 3-4 season and none of them developed.
Cade Mays - 6th round
Trey Smith - 6th round
Wanya Morris - Transfer
Darnell Wright - projected as a possible 5-6 round draft pick by some.

Advertisement
Exactly! Let me talk to Francis and point out that UT has had several 5 stars OT over the past 3-4 season and none of them developed.
Cade Mays - 6th round
Trey Smith - 6th round
Wanya Morris - Transfer
Cade Mays Trey Smith and Darnell Wright all underperformed. Those guys should have day 1 or 2 picks based on how they looked their first year.

Cade Mays - 6th round
Trey Smith - 6th round
Wanya Morris - Transfer

4 studs turning into semi busts. I can't believe Darnell didn't live up to the hype. I was sure he'd succeed in college.

Cade Mays - 6th round
Trey Smith - 6th round
Wanya Morris - Transfer

Different staff. Glen Elarbee is their OL coach, he came with Heupel. He didn't coach any of those kids except Wright, and Wright started every game for them last year and was pretty good. You also say "by some", which is relevant because we're a year out and nobody knows a ******* thing, but I've seen mocks with him as a first-rounder in 2023.

I'm not saying this dude is on par with Mirabal, but saying "UT hasn't developed linemen" isn't a valid argument when the dude developing them now has never even met the guys you're listing as examples.

Advertisement
Tennessee has gotten multiple five star lineman before and literally wasted them boys careers I’m sorry they don’t deserve to keep wasting kids talent playing for that terrible team Knoxville is an ok city stop with the narrative that it’s more then just a bigger Gainesville it’s a hick town with a lot of money

Thursday, 1pm: Miami is continuing to push and feels like they've made some progress as far as being able to stay competitive with NIL.

Thursday, 4pm: UT seems to surging ahead again. Dad will be key here and he seems to really be leaning UT.

Friday, 9am: Miami feels like Mom will be key here and she seems to really be leaning Miami's way. Mario and Joe have really built a relationship with her.

Friday, 2pm: USC is making inroads with his cousin. Apparently, one of their GA's has a buddy that dated a chick in middle school that later worked at Starbuck's with Francis' cousin. This appears to be a 3 team battle.

Friday, 6pm: Miami and UT paid off Francis' cousin. USC is no longer in the picture.

Saturday, 9am: Miami and UT are neck and neck here. This could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back