2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Shemar and transfer WR only L’s we’ve really taken when it comes to negotiations, right?

I like us to stay in it until the end.

Probably won’t be done until Sunday night…

Can we just do best and finals and skip all this back and forth? ***** annoying

Advertisement
Not games just if he commits to univ of toothless, you think Mario won't aggressively go after him if he wants him bad enough?
Mario will 100% keep going after, I’m just saying that his family comes off as the types that won’t budge of a pledge once given. Unless something drastically changes on the side that gets his pledge.

Thats All Folks Clap GIF by Digital Pratik

I mean… we don’t know that either. Family could not care about the extra money or we can up ours. We really don’t know. I thought that is trending after his last visit was to UT was a good sign. Wasn’t like we were the last visit and that’s how we caught up then that wore off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel like UT has been in the pole position for the longest time, and with that being said, they've got the money allocated to this particular kid. They're not going to be outbid, IMO, so this is very much a Rashada type situation. UT will give him what he wants, and that will likely be his highest offer. Where does the kid want to be? And if the answer to that is Miami over UT, is he willing to take less money to make that happen?

Lake made a good point in one of the 247 podcasts that Tennessee's class, like Louisville's, is a bit of a house of cards situation, and if they don't have a good year, a lot of kids will be looking around after the season. That said, having Iamaleava in the fold is probably the big draw for a Samoan kid because it sure as **** isn't Knoxville.

Advertisement
Makes sense. I don't buy the whole "the admin is now being cautious about how much money they're throwing around" bit - those guys have been targeting FM with NIL for a while now. I don't see them backing down.
Basically where I'm at with this. I can't see Tenn spending what they did on Nico just to turn around and play scared with Francis. Feels like another Rashada situation where we might not be the highest offer but we have things in our favor that work against Tenn (culture, staff, early PT, etc).

I feel like UT has been in the pole position for the longest time, and with that being said, they've got the money allocated to this particular kid. They're not going to be outbid, IMO, so this is very much a Rashada type situation. UT will give him what he wants, and that will likely be his highest offer. Where does the kid want to be? And if the answer to that is Miami over UT, is he willing to take less money to make that happen?
But if he comes to Miami, he will be developed into a first round pick by two great offensive line coaches. Which means more money in the long run. So do they take a little more now, go to Tennessee, and get some so so coaching? Or does he come to Miami, and get developed into a top 10 pick?

Advertisement
Lake made a good point in one of the 247 podcasts that Tennessee's class, like Louisville's, is a bit of a house of cards situation, and if they don't have a good year, a lot of kids will be looking around after the season. That said, having Iamaleava in the fold is probably the big draw for a Samoan kid because it sure as **** isn't Knoxville.
I mean… you do realize the same applies to us right? Also you are down playing that campus and Knoxville and the surrounding areas. It’s nice out there. I’m not taking it over Miami but the whole everywhere is a **** hole just doesn’t stand up to reality.

But if he comes to Miami, he will be developed into a first round pick by two great offensive line coaches. Which means more money in the long run. So do they take a little more now, go to Tennessee, and get some so so coaching? Or does he come to Miami, and get developed into a top 10 pick?
This right here is the selling point. Our coaches are better than UT’s at his position.

I mean… you do realize the same applies to us right? Also you are down playing that campus and Knoxville and the surrounding areas. It’s nice out there. I’m not taking it over Miami but the whole everywhere is a **** hole just doesn’t stand up to reality.
Yeah, I haven’t spent the majority of my life here because it’s a run down dump. Knoxville isn't for everyone, just like Miami isn’t for everyone.

That said ***** the Vols and I’m still expecting him to pick Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back