2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks ago I’d bet on UT, now I’d lean Miami

6F7F5C0F-F2EB-4712-8F54-3D1CBB756339.gif

Advertisement
I think either USC or us. I know UT throwing around big money but this kids knows he needs to get developed an UT/Heupel hasn’t developed any lineman.
And that’s our angle. Our “in” here is that we have one of the best OL coaches in the business, and our HC was an OL and coached the position at a high level, himself. So he knows that he will definitely get developed here. That’s the one thing that we can sell that none of his other finalists can.

Advertisement
Is this another “staff feels good about where they stand” recruit?

Advertisement
These are the kids who turn the trajectory of the program

Correct. Kids like Ray Ray are great, and necessary. 100%.

But Bama became Bama because they started landing elite offensive linemen and front 7 monsters on defense. Not that kids like Julio and Amari and Ha-Ha and Henry etc. etc. didn't contribute...of course they did. But those teams really started with the DJ Flukers and Chance Warmacks and Cam Robinsons and Jonathan Allens etc etc. That's how they dominated you. They beat you physically and then you get someone to just not beat yourself like Jacob Coker and AJ McCarron, etc.

UGA just finally reached their potential because of a dominant offensive line and one of the best front 7's the game has seen in a very long time. They just had four front 7 players go in the first round, and they'll probably have several more next year with Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Broderick Carter, among others.

Notre Dame, yes they get trounced when they get to the playoffs, but they've had some very successful teams the past several years, and they're always led by excellent offensive lines.

Everybody is important. We know a QB is a massive difference maker. You need to have good coaching, a support staff, injury luck, etc. etc. etc.

But the real common denominator woven between all these programs who are really good year after year after year are skilled and well-coached offensive and defensive lines.

Advertisement
Rashada is one thing. Almost anybody can get lucky once, and land/pay a top 5 QB. If you land this kid, it cements your status among the top dogs. Only a handful of teams in the country are capable of landing someone like this.

Advertisement
Lake Norris in Lafollette is man made, my grandfather used to have houseboat there and after he passed it went to my uncle who recently sold it. A lot to do in that area, you can hit up Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Dollywood, Great Smokey Mountain State Park, Knoxville is a decent vicinity of it. Not saying that beats South Beach or Florida for that matter, just I’ve been to that lake a couple days still living at home with the folks. Only time I go to Florida is when the wifey goes and sees that **** Mouse or when we cruise out of Miami and 1 year we did out of Fort Lauderdale and actually got to visit Miami’s campus.
Hagerstown, Cumberland, Hancock, Frostburg, Oakland…???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back