2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s UT unfortunately and the main reason is Nico. Probably a slightly better bag but culture/coaching/comfort is easily Miami. Going to be weird having two Poly kids in Hickville.
Miami is much more diverse and the weather will be most similar but let’s remember that Polynesian culture is essentially countryish like culture. Different but could be argued it’s closer than a sprawling metropolis like Miami Dade.

Advertisement
lets see how this plays out but I wouldn’t be surprised if he commits here because Sala’vea is family to him. Remember, family is everything to Samoans plus He’s from Hawaii. Tennessee is definitely different while there’s similarities to Miami.

lets see how this plays out but I wouldn’t be surprised if he commits here because Sala’vea is family to him. Remember, family is everything to Samoans plus He’s from Hawaii. Tennessee is definitely different while there’s similarities to Miami.
Family wasn't everything to that bloke who committed to Oregon.

Advertisement

Joe is the key here… even though he wouldn’t be coaching him directly he is there for him. Also just look at this… these are recruits he’s either been primary or secondary on

A61A0E96-26D9-4BAD-BA53-8A0DFF3E672F.png
4A497F15-521B-45B0-8A83-038309C3B77A.png
CA201422-6C5F-4709-B15B-0DE6706E65ED.png

I thought it was the opposite. Wasn’t his family super into Miami and even were tweeting they’ll always be Canes at heart or something to that effect? Thought I remembered seeing that.
The family definitely wanted him to play for Mario and Mirabal. To me, it seemed the kid just got cold feet about going so far from home at the last minute. He should do well at Oregon.

Advertisement
LOL Tennessee fans thinking they're the favorites cause this guy apparently likes lakes more than the ocean 😆

Wiltfong….

“The nation’s No. 1 offensive tackle Francis Mauigoa took his official alongside five-star quarterback Nico Iamaleava. This was their second time hitting Knoxville together. Tennessee continues to do a good job with him and his family. Mauigoa has now locked in a decision date for July 4. I think Tennessee is positioned well, but the same goes for Miami.”

I’m being told Miami is 3rd and it’s a USC vs Tenn battle. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Tenn seems to be the constant though in each scenario.

Advertisement
if development truly matters to him - he'll be here
any other reason matters to him - he won't
that simple

Advertisement
I thought it was Iuli?

Either way, his family loved Miami... he went against their wishes.
To be closer to home. They were obviously ok but that distance from family made the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back