FIU vs #12 Miami

Ugly as **** but 2-0. Definitely some concerning things from an overall personnel and skill perspective but let’s see how we look against the big boys soon

Advertisement
The only sport FIU is good at is soccer. They’re hosting the NCAA’s this week. Shame the U couldn’t field a men’s soccer team.

Omier has got to stay out of foul trouble going forward. When he gets in foul trouble, it completely changes his game on the defensive end
See this is why I always asked if we are gonna bring in a big man and got shot down everytime, there is no way we can go the entire season hoping he stays out of foul trouble, then he plays different inside and it becomes a layup line to basket.. Having ONE guy who himself is undersized but strong bigman just doesnt seem like a good recipe.. FIU and FAU both have 7 footers and we got nothing, HOW?!

Advertisement
Nice wake up game. Another one that teams in the past would have lost. Instead we win easily and even by more points were it not for more Pack FT misses (needs to get that fixed).

For us, we didn't get to the FT line much either. Lack of aggressiveness? Then again, our 3 pointers were falling.

Advertisement
That was some of the worst screen navigation I’ve ever seen defensively.

Would’ve liked to have seen more Watson minutes, **** even Jakai. Team looked completely asleep half the game, maybe one of those could have brought some intensity.

Practice won’t be fun after that one.

See this is why I always asked if we are gonna bring in a big man and got shot down everytime, there is no way we can go the entire season hoping he stays out of foul trouble, then he plays different inside and it becomes a layup line to basket.. Having ONE guy who himself is undersized but strong bigman just doesnt seem like a good recipe.. FIU and FAU both have 7 footers and we got nothing, HOW?!
Had high hopes for AJ Casey's growth but so far he's looking like the same player. Hopefully Nwoko continues to grow as the season moves on bc if not it's gna be tough in games where Omier gets in foul trouble

Advertisement
That was some of the worst screen navigation I’ve ever seen defensively.

Would’ve liked to have seen more Watson minutes, **** even Jakai. Team looked completely asleep half the game, maybe one of those could have brought some intensity.

Practice won’t be fun after that one.
And in general the young guys didn't get hardly any burn...it was looking early like this would be a game for them

Advertisement
Nice wake up game. Another one that teams in the past would have lost. Instead we win easily and even by more points were it not for more Pack FT misses (needs to get that fixed).
Can't afford to lose games like this one. A killer with the Committee come March. But... we didn't go down like Villanova and St Johns did.

Advertisement
Back