FIU vs #12 Miami

1699967658227.png

1699967680631.png

Advertisement
I just did complain about the attendance. Would you like me to do it again? Your weak "argument from authority" doesn't refute what I posted. The cameras showed the stands multiple times. It was pathetic. Seats were selling on Seat Geek for a dollar. And all 5 games I went to last year were half full at best. Stop being the blind homer. A real basketball school packs the house no matter what night it is.
“Real” basketball schools win games in March. We’ve won 7 of them in the last 2 years. Tied with Kansas for tops in the country.

Attendance numbers is no longer a thing. When it needs to be, the Watsco fills up to capacity.

That's three sloppy games to start the year. We need to focus on protecting the ball, hitting the glass and playing better defense. Thankfully we won but we got a much needed scare to get us going. I thought inserting Casey in the 2H helped us, Nwoko is still raw, had a great block that led to a fast break, need more of that. I would take one of FIU's bigs if they enter the portal in the spring.

As for attendance we're not going to pack the Watsco on a Monday night against teams like NJIT and FIU, it's just reality. Once conference play starts you'll see the crowds grow.

As of now, Cleveland is Jordan Miller plus 2 points, Wooga is plus 12 points from last year, and Joseph is plus 9 points from last year.

Advertisement
This is, unfortunately, the kind of game an offense-oriented team plays when they know they’re better than the opponent.

Almost every 50/50 ball went to FIU - and that’s usually the best indicator of which team is playing with desperation.

The biggest thing that concerns me is Coach clearly doesn’t trust his bench yet, and I think we will need BOTH their length and athleticism AND their ability to push a starter who is having an off night.

MAJOR props to Cleveland and Joseph… they simply refused to let us lose.

This is, unfortunately, the kind of game an offense-oriented team plays when they know they’re better than the opponent.

Almost every 50/50 ball went to FIU - and that’s usually the best indicator of which team is playing with desperation.

The biggest thing that concerns me is Coach clearly doesn’t trust his bench yet, and I think we will need BOTH their length and athleticism AND their ability to push a starter who is having an off night.

MAJOR props to Cleveland and Joseph… they simply refused to let us lose.
Yep there would be like 2 or 3 Miami guys around a loose ball and no one went for it. Like the broadcast team said, FIU has nothing to lose.

I'd give Watson more time or even give Robinson some minutes. George clearly doesn't look comfortable and Casey looks like the Casey of last year. If we could get 10-12 good minutes from Nwoko a game that would be huge.

Advertisement
I think there's enough time for us to rest/recover and then be ready for the challenge UGA poses Friday. Don't look now, but UGA just hosted and beat Wake this past Friday. Not by a lot (80-77), but they beat them. And I know teams are different from year to year but Wake gave us fits last season. Seems like UGA is decent defensively and has a couple of decent scorers.

I do think we slip by UGA, but then the challenge is either Kansas State or Providence. Gonna be interesting...and all of this leading up to UK in Lexington on 11/28. Exciting times!

I think there's enough time for us to rest/recover and then be ready for the challenge UGA poses Friday. Don't look now, but UGA just hosted and beat Wake this past Friday. Not by a lot (80-77), but they beat them. And I know teams are different from year to year but Wake gave us fits last season. Seems like UGA is decent defensively and has a couple of decent scorers.

I do think we slip by UGA, but then the challenge is either Kansas State or Providence. Gonna be interesting...and all of this leading up to UK in Lexington on 11/28. Exciting times!
Go 1-1 at worst this weekend and I’ll be alright with that. Georgia, K State/Providence, UK, and Colorado are the challenges before conference play.

I‘m not overreacting to this game because it’s pretty **** simple what the issue was. When you give up 16 offensive rebounds and have 14 turnovers you’re going to lose or about lose. That’s pretty much 30 extra possessions for FIU. That’s a recipe for trouble no matter who you’re playing . A veteran laden team can’t have that many turnovers. It’s early in the year so I get it.

My only issue offensively is they fell in love with the three and stopped driving the ball. Teams will be extending out to three point line with how they play so driving will be necessary. In the second half they started putting the ball on the floor which opened things up.

My long term concerns remain the same, size / rebounding and defense. Which has been suspect. This team will have issues with big / athletic teams. I’d actually like to see more Nwoku at five with Omier at four. That would make up with how small we’re in the back court. I also agree that Pack needs to be primarily at the sg.

Lastly that Arturo Dean kid is a stud , he’d be a nice replacement for Pack next year, just saying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back