FIU/Oklahoma Satellite Camp Preview

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
FIU will be hosting two Satellite Camps this week which will include Oklahoma (Today) and Penn State (Thursday). Both schools recruit south Florida and have offered a number of kids in the area.

@Stefan Adams and I will be at the Camp today. Registration begins at 3 pm, Stefan and I will arrive around that time because we will be allowed to see the FIU/Oklahoma coaches measure the kids' Height and Weight in front of us.

Here are the local kids with Oklahoma offers, I hit up most of them to see if they will be in attendance, I will update this thread until 3 pm. This is not the Live Camp Thread.

University School 4-Star RB Kenny McIntosh (Waiting for a response)
Columbus 3-Star TE Gary Cooper (Not Attending)
Belleview 4-Star OT Michael Tarquin (Not Attending)
Cardinal Gibbons 4-Star DE Khris Bogle (Waiting for a response)
Chaminade-Madonna 3-Star Miami DE commit Cameron Williams (Waiting for a response)
St Thomas Aquinas 4-Star DE Braylen Ingraham (Waiting for a response)
American Heritage B/D 4-Star FSU DE commit Mike Morris (Waiting for a response)
St. Thomas Aquinas 4-Star Miami LB commit Anthony Solomon (Waiting for a response)
Deerfield Beach 4-Star LB Ge'Mon Eaford (College Tour)
St. Thomas Aquinas 3-Star South Carolina LB commit Jahmar Brown (Attending on Thursday)
Miami Southridge 4-Star CB Tyrique Stevenson (Not Attending)
St. Thomas Aquinas 4-Star CB Jaden Davis (Attending)
University School 4-Star S Josh Sanguinetti (Waiting for a response)
St. Thomas Aquinas 4-Star S Jordan Battle (Not Attending)
Chaminade-Madonna 4-Star Miami S commit Keontra Smith (Waiting for a response)
Wellington 4-Star ATH Mark-Antony Richards (Attending on Thursday)
Chaminade-Madonna 4-Star ATH Te'Cory Couch (Not Attending)

Belen Jesuit 4-Star RB Don Chaney Jr. (Not Attending)
Deerfield Beach 4-Star Oklahoma RB commit Jaylan Knighton (College Tour)
Deerfield Beach 3-Star WR Deajaun McDougle (College Tour)
Chaminade-Madonna 4-Star Miami DT commit Willie Mosie (Waiting for a response)
St. Thomas Aquinas 4-Star LB Devon Betty (Waiting for a response)
St. Thomas Aquinas 3-Star LB Derek Wingo (Attending on Thursday)

St. Thomas Aquinas Unranked DE Tyreak Sapp (Waiting for a response)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not understanding how FIU will allow other schools to hold events on their campus.

Advertisement
Not understanding how FIU will allow other schools to hold events on their campus.

Bring in big name schools gets more kids to come thinking they will get that offer. Good way for FIU to get kids in front of them to evaluate. Classic bait and switch.

Penn state and Oklahoma get a chance to recruit Florida and try and get their targets to come. Win win for both.

Noticed how oklahoma has slowly tried to get in down here, they dont usually pull top talent but they get a couple players here or there. Maybe we can send our offensive coaches to learn a few things from them. That offense is legit.

Advertisement
Bring in big name schools gets more kids to come thinking they will get that offer. Good way for FIU to get kids in front of them to evaluate. Classic bait and switch.

Penn state and Oklahoma get a chance to recruit Florida and try and get their targets to come. Win win for both.

Agreed. From a UM fan perspective, I don't like it. But, it absolutely makes sense for all the schools involved

I thought the new recruiting rules adopted last year eliminated satellite camps? The new rules limited participation in camps to 10 days in June and July and the camps must be held at a school or at facilities where the school regularly practices or holds competition. How would PSU staff be allowed to participate in a camp at FIU under these rules?

Advertisement
Back