Fishing Question

Caneboi11

Recruit
I live in DC and it’s going to be 40 the next few days and I want to go salt water fishing for rockfish, perch, etc.

Is it too cold? And what kind of jigs should I use? I’m fishing off piers and the inland. No boat lol

Advertisement
sZnlbWo.gif

Advertisement
call your local fishing supply store and ask this question. It is their business that you catch fish with their tackle and they understand that. The average fisherman will never tell you where they go to actually catch something.................
^^^^^^This. Thats why you have to try to steal the coordinates off the boat GPS on the fishing shows if they show them LMFAO

40's air temp not two cold in Fall depending on water temp. My general rule four fishin is: four salt water fishin, use live or dead skrimps; four fresh water fishin, use live or artificial worms.

Advertisement
call your local fishing supply store and ask this question. It is their business that you catch fish with their tackle and they understand that. The average fisherman will never tell you where they go to actually catch something.................

This is the best response.

If you go into a specific area, then google all the fishing/tackle shops in that area and call. Even if you have everything you need, it might be worth it to go in there and buy a thing or two and then get that advice from them. They’ll probably be freer with the advice the more you buy.

Advertisement
Rockfish as in Stripes or just plain ole ugly Rockfish? If you have a good cast net and know how to throw it, that would be your best start for some good bait. Maybe even hit under light before daylight if this is a multi day trip.

Advertisement
I live in DC and it’s going to be 40 the next few days and I want to go salt water fishing for rockfish, perch, etc.

Is it too cold? And what kind of jigs should I use? I’m fishing off piers and the inland. No boat lol
Bro, I’m in Maryland but I used to go for stripers in Virginia Beach/Norfolk by the HRBT. There’s a beach over there after you get through the túnel headed East on the left. People wade in there and toss by the bridge and pilons. Much easier with a boat. There are also boats that used to go out by LaPlata/Solomon’s island by the shore. Not sure what options they have there or by Colonial Beach but probably worth a look. Either way like tpabay said, call the nearest tackle shop. Make sure you get a fishing license as well and the tackle people can tell you size limits. Virginia has licenses available on line and also at Walmart I think.

Rockfish as in Stripes or just plain ole ugly Rockfish? If you have a good cast net and know how to throw it, that would be your best start for some good bait. Maybe even hit under light before daylight if this is a multi day trip.
Stripers

Hard to give you fishing advice, since fishing advice is almost always local. You need to find out what’s biting up there this time of year from the locals. Now that it’s getting cooler, the dolphin leave for the Caribbean and the kingfish start coming south to South Florida.

Advertisement
Back