Fisch

When will you dudes realize this IS the new age pro-style offense? Every team in the NFL is running 3 and 4 receiver sets close to 50% of the time. Ravens are running no-huddle every game and the Pats have been doing it for years.
Talk to me after Alabama wins yet another title running the old boring pro formation.

Who gives a **** what Bama is doing??? Nick Saban is a certified boss and he can run whatever he likes. I sure as **** don't see any Nick Sabans coaching the U, so stop crying like a girl and get with the program.

For rest of the mortal programs in CFB, nearly everybody, and I mean everybody, is running some variant of the spread. ND called a ton of plays out of the shotgun tonight and they are as conservative as it gets. Why am I even explaining this to you?! You're god**** stupid and should stop posting.

Relax your female shoulders for a second, take Saban's **** out of your mouth, and have a Zima there dooshbag. Fact is plenty of teams run a pro set and win games. We did in 2000, 2001, 2002. USC did in 2003, 2004. LSU and Bama have both won games running primarily pro set formations in the last 5 years. The fact is the pro offense is still very effective, and still perhaps the most balanced offense out there. Spread formations can be effective, but you have to instill the run (or pass like runs ala Urban's offenses) in order to help manage the game clock. Chucking the ball 50 times a game will only get you so far, as Texas Tech can assert to. Now, would you like to entertain a decent intelligent retort or just act like a skirt wearing ******?

Don't you understand that our version of controlling the clock is done defensively. We'd rather a team use 8 minutes up and get 3 points... than us use 8 minutes up and get 3.

It's the philosophy. That's why D'Onofrio and Golden only look at points per game given up and not yards per game.
They are too young in the britches. At least Golden has a winning attitude... but D'Onofrio is a pu$$y. Played the entire 1st half tonight scared.

In the off-season Fisch said he installed the hurry-up tempo because we weren't getting enough plays in per game.
He's a very smart cat, he's aggressive, he doesn't lay off the pedal.

The defense is the exact opposite.

That's gotta be the most backwards thinking I've ever seen. Defenses get tired, they all do. ****, that is why Bama and LSU have been so successful, even the Gators with Tebow. All those offenses could run the ball and eat clock.

Advertisement
Fisch is handcuffed right now by how bad the defense is. We can't call plays the way a Bama OC can. You can't run plays that you know might not work but set something else up later in the game. **** sticking with the run and wearing out a defense. Forget about playing the field position game. When we punt we aren't getting the ball back for awhile. Hes gotta keep his foot on the pedal at all times.

I don't get how others don't see this. You nailed it though. Fisch learned after year 1 that he needed a hurry up tempo because D'Onofrio was bad.

Talk to me after Alabama wins yet another title running the old boring pro formation.

Who gives a **** what Bama is doing??? Nick Saban is a certified boss and he can run whatever he likes. I sure as **** don't see any Nick Sabans coaching the U, so stop crying like a girl and get with the program.

For rest of the mortal programs in CFB, nearly everybody, and I mean everybody, is running some variant of the spread. ND called a ton of plays out of the shotgun tonight and they are as conservative as it gets. Why am I even explaining this to you?! You're god**** stupid and should stop posting.

Relax your female shoulders for a second, take Saban's **** out of your mouth, and have a Zima there dooshbag. Fact is plenty of teams run a pro set and win games. We did in 2000, 2001, 2002. USC did in 2003, 2004. LSU and Bama have both won games running primarily pro set formations in the last 5 years. The fact is the pro offense is still very effective, and still perhaps the most balanced offense out there. Spread formations can be effective, but you have to instill the run (or pass like runs ala Urban's offenses) in order to help manage the game clock. Chucking the ball 50 times a game will only get you so far, as Texas Tech can assert to. Now, would you like to entertain a decent intelligent retort or just act like a skirt wearing ******?

Don't you understand that our version of controlling the clock is done defensively. We'd rather a team use 8 minutes up and get 3 points... than us use 8 minutes up and get 3.

It's the philosophy. That's why D'Onofrio and Golden only look at points per game given up and not yards per game.
They are too young in the britches. At least Golden has a winning attitude... but D'Onofrio is a pu$$y. Played the entire 1st half tonight scared.

In the off-season Fisch said he installed the hurry-up tempo because we weren't getting enough plays in per game.

That's gotta be the most backwards thinking I've ever seen. Defenses get tired, they all do. ****, that is why Bama and LSU have been so successful, even the Gators with Tebow. All those offenses could run the ball and eat clock.

Read what ssj4cane posted and maybe you'll get it.
Those teams you mentioned controlled clock and played field position. We put people inside the 5 and all it means is 9 minute, 16 play, 95 yard scoring drive.
Then you want us to continue running ball, controlling clock?

I for one, love the offensive philosophy. We'd be 1-5 without it.

Fisch was not fine. 3 points?

Two dropped touchdowns. A touchdown called back. 8 drops all together, you gonna put that on the OC? It's deeper than just looking at the scoreboard and blaming someone.
add to this the fact we only had the ball for like 5 mins in the entire 2nd half. he made the calls that led to guys being wide open, if they cant catch the ball, that isnt his fault

Read what ssj4cane posted and maybe you'll get it.
Those teams you mentioned controlled clock and played field position. We put people inside the 5 and all it means is 9 minute, 16 play, 95 yard scoring drive.
Then you want us to continue running ball, controlling clock?

I for one, love the offensive philosophy. We'd be 1-5 without it.

Ohh, I understand the philosophy. I just think that long term that philosophy will not suffice against good teams. Also, Morris just isn't accurate enough of a passer for it to succeed as intended. Hence why even our wins have been luck of the draw could have gone either way wins, with exception of BCC.

Advertisement
Im waiting till his student arrives.....

57.jpg

They had the time of possession like 4 times ours. We can't score if we don't have the ball. People often forget that

It goes both ways. Your defense (which has been dog **** all year) gives up a 12 play 6-7 minute drive and you go out incomplete pass, incomplete pass, 5 yard pass, punt. What did you expect to happen next? My point is the blame goes to both the offense and defense.

I haven't rewatched the game but I know that early in the game we were dictating. We averaged over 5 yards a carry in the first half. Our receivers were running wide open all over the field.

The problem is, in the key moment, we failed to execute - either with a dropped pass or a penalty. That is not on Fisch.

Around the middle of the second quarter you could see ND changed their gameplan. They saw that they could shorten the game by just running clock (even though at that point they were doing it with the passing game, not the running game). At that point we were in trouble, because not only were we not executing on offense, but our D couldn't get off the field, so our opportunities were going to be limited and Fisch had to go into desperation mode in a way.

When we failed to put points on the board after getting the ball at ND's 35 at the end of the first half it was obvious that we were grasping at straws - but the 3rd quarter just crushed our will. And then it was full on desperation mode for Fisch.

It was just a snowball effect and the game went from winnable to out of reach in the blink of an eye. But I can't put it on Jedd here.

Advertisement

57.jpg

Baby Jesus...This will be the guy that make this offense click consistently, and when i say that i mean manipulating safeties and lbs, throwing timing routes on time, knowing when and when not to put mustard on his passes, and stepping up in the pocket and making plays down field. Morris is talented but if he continues his inconsistent play with this guy on campus, Benched.

Last edited:
I counted 4 TDs last night for us

Dorset dropped 2 in the end zone.......1 on the 5 yard line

Feliciano held for no reason on Morris TD run

And Scott dropped a first down all by himself

Advertisement
Our main problem on offense is that we are losing early downs. BADLY.

We cannot get anything going in the run game and for some reason Morris skips any ball under 7 yards. We face way too many 3rd and longs. You can't stay on the field and convert like that.

I am actually shocked at how poorly this line is in the run game. We get zero push. Yesterday late into the 3rd quarter our average distance to go on 3rd downs was a horrific 8.3 You can't expect to win like that.

Fisch needs to figure out a way to retool his run game. Whether it is bringing in Hagens more, going to the I, or supplementing the run game with the short passing game, he HAS to win on early downs. YOu cannot sustain drives by routinely facing 3rd and longs.

Our main problem on offense is that we are losing early downs. BADLY.

We cannot get anything going in the run game and for some reason Morris skips any ball under 7 yards. We face way too many 3rd and longs. You can't stay on the field and convert like that.

I am actually shocked at how poorly this line is in the run game. We get zero push. Yesterday late into the 3rd quarter our average distance to go on 3rd downs was a horrific 8.3 You can't expect to win like that.

Fisch needs to figure out a way to retool his run game. Whether it is bringing in Hagens more, going to the I, or supplementing the run game with the short passing game, he HAS to win on early downs. YOu cannot sustain drives by routinely facing 3rd and longs.

Great point, ND had an average of 3.4 on 3rd., big difference.

57.jpg

****. Morris the truth. We're lucky to have him and Fisch. Really lucky.

Agreed. I hope we can keep Fisch around for a long time. Morris has been pretty great this year for the most part. He's sailed some throws and put a few in the dirt and needs to work on that, but he is very far from a problem on this team.

Advertisement
Showed his hand the 1st series and when ND's DC adjusted he had no answer.
I know drops hurt, but still we have the horses to score and this game should have been a shoot out.

We know the defense sucks so it's on the offense to carry this team.

So you would prefer he not go for the jugular on 1st play?

He knew ND's defense was legit and we were still very young and inexperienced. All in all it didn't matter what the offense did this game... ND's 94th ranked offense was going to work our defense over regardless.

Fisch is handcuffed right now by how bad the defense is. We can't call plays the way a Bama OC can. You can't run plays that you know might not work but set something else up later in the game. **** sticking with the run and wearing out a defense. Forget about playing the field position game. When we punt we aren't getting the ball back for awhile. Hes gotta keep his foot on the pedal at all times.

I don't get how others don't see this. You nailed it though. Fisch learned after year 1 that he needed a hurry up tempo because D'Onofrio was bad.
This is pretty much spot on. We had success with NC State because they scored relatively quickly. Which lead to more possessions for our offense. Notre Dame did exactly what K State did and that was milk the clock and we could do nothing to stop it. I think in the first half we may have had the ball 4 times and Notre Dame killed the clock in the third

57.jpg

Baby Jesus...This will be the guy that make this offense click consistently, and when i say that i mean manipulating safeties and lbs, throwing timing routes on time, knowing when and when not to put mustard on his passes, and stepping up in the pocket and making plays down field. Morris is talented but if he continues his inconsistent play with this guy on campus, Benched.
You would bench a guy who is putting up the numbers that Morris has for someone who has never played a down in college?

Advertisement
Back