Fisch

CaneAlmighty

Band
Banned
Showed his hand the 1st series and when ND's DC adjusted he had no answer.
I know drops hurt, but still we have the horses to score and this game should have been a shoot out.

We know the defense sucks so it's on the offense to carry this team.

Advertisement
They had the time of possession like 4 times ours. We can't score if we don't have the ball. People often forget that

Advertisement
I personally can't stand the spread. I want to go back to Coker and Chud's pro formation offense. Where we used to line up and pound the rock, allowing our defense time to rest, especially if they are getting smoked. That said, Fisch is the best coach we have, including considering our head coach.

I personally can't stand the spread. I want to go back to Coker and Chud's pro formation offense. Where we used to line up and pound the rock, allowing our defense time to rest, especially if they are getting smoked. That said, Fisch is the best coach we have, including considering our head coach.
+1

Way too many drops.

Drive killers. Points thrown away. You only get so many chances in a football game.

In this particular game, drops were pretty much the story.

Drops, penalties, and a QB who had a stretch where he scuffled around, bounced intermediate passes, and left the pocket way too quickly. I'm not a hge Fisch fan, but it looked like he had things designed pretty well.

Advertisement
+1

When will you dudes realize this IS the new age pro-style offense? Every team in the NFL is running 3 and 4 receiver sets close to 50% of the time. Ravens are running no-huddle every game and the Pats have been doing it for years.
Talk to me after Alabama wins yet another title running the old boring pro formation.

I know it was total garbage time and didnt matter, but what the **** is up with running a trick play on 4th down losing by 31 points?

The time to be cute ended 21 points ago.

Advertisement
Some calls leave me baffled, but usually it comes down to execution. We didn't do much of that tonight. Embarrassing really, and I'm talking solely about offense here.

Defense has the task of getting the ball back, but when you can't make anything of it when you have it, you get what we had here.

+1

When will you dudes realize this IS the new age pro-style offense? Every team in the NFL is running 3 and 4 receiver sets close to 50% of the time. Ravens are running no-huddle every game and the Pats have been doing it for years.
Talk to me after Alabama wins yet another title running the old boring pro formation.

Who gives a **** what Bama is doing??? Nick Saban is a certified boss and he can run whatever he likes. I sure as **** don't see any Nick Sabans coaching the U, so stop crying like a girl and get with the program.

For rest of the mortal programs in CFB, nearly everybody, and I mean everybody, is running some variant of the spread. ND called a ton of plays out of the shotgun tonight and they are as conservative as it gets. Why am I even explaining this to you?! You're god**** stupid and should stop posting.

Relax your female shoulders for a second, take Saban's **** out of your mouth, and have a Zima there dooshbag. Fact is plenty of teams run a pro set and win games. We did in 2000, 2001, 2002. USC did in 2003, 2004. LSU and Bama have both won games running primarily pro set formations in the last 5 years. The fact is the pro offense is still very effective, and still perhaps the most balanced offense out there. Spread formations can be effective, but you have to instill the run (or pass like runs ala Urban's offenses) in order to help manage the game clock. Chucking the ball 50 times a game will only get you so far, as Texas Tech can assert to. Now, would you like to entertain a decent intelligent retort or just act like a skirt wearing ******?

Some calls leave me baffled, but usually it comes down to execution. We didn't do much of that tonight. Embarrassing really, and I'm talking solely about offense here.

Defense has the task of getting the ball back, but when you can't make anything of it when you have it, you get what we had here.

Please. Offense had their 2nd possesion of the 3rd quarter with 2 minutes left. Wtf can you do without the ball.
We can't expect Fisch and this offense to drive and score on every possession.

D'Onofrio and a few positions coaches aren't very good and Fisch, quite frankly, has made up for that and we can thank him for 3 of our 4 wins.

Advertisement

Who gives a **** what Bama is doing??? Nick Saban is a certified boss and he can run whatever he likes. I sure as **** don't see any Nick Sabans coaching the U, so stop crying like a girl and get with the program.

For rest of the mortal programs in CFB, nearly everybody, and I mean everybody, is running some variant of the spread. ND called a ton of plays out of the shotgun tonight and they are as conservative as it gets. Why am I even explaining this to you?! You're god**** stupid and should stop posting.

Relax your female shoulders for a second, take Saban's **** out of your mouth, and have a Zima there dooshbag. Fact is plenty of teams run a pro set and win games. We did in 2000, 2001, 2002. USC did in 2003, 2004. LSU and Bama have both won games running primarily pro set formations in the last 5 years. The fact is the pro offense is still very effective, and still perhaps the most balanced offense out there. Spread formations can be effective, but you have to instill the run (or pass like runs ala Urban's offenses) in order to help manage the game clock. Chucking the ball 50 times a game will only get you so far, as Texas Tech can assert to. Now, would you like to entertain a decent intelligent retort or just act like a skirt wearing ******?

Don't you understand that our version of controlling the clock is done defensively. We'd rather a team use 8 minutes up and get 3 points... than us use 8 minutes up and get 3.

It's the philosophy. That's why D'Onofrio and Golden only look at points per game given up and not yards per game.
They are too young in the britches. At least Golden has a winning attitude... but D'Onofrio is a pu$$y. Played the entire 1st half tonight scared.

In the off-season Fisch said he installed the hurry-up tempo because we weren't getting enough plays in per game.
He's a very smart cat, he's aggressive, he doesn't lay off the pedal.

The defense is the exact opposite.

Please. Offense had their 2nd possesion of the 3rd quarter with 2 minutes left. Wtf can you do without the ball.

D'Onofrio and a few positions coaches aren't very good and Fisch, quite frankly, has made up for that and we can thank him for 3 of our 4 wins.

You can't expect to beat a top-10 team on the road when you score 3 points in the first half.

Agreed we didn't have much, but we **** sure should be able to come away with more than 3 points for all our opportunities. Not fisch's fault, it was execution.

Fisch is handcuffed right now by how bad the defense is. We can't call plays the way a Bama OC can. You can't run plays that you know might not work but set something else up later in the game. **** sticking with the run and wearing out a defense. Forget about playing the field position game. When we punt we aren't getting the ball back for awhile. Hes gotta keep his foot on the pedal at all times.

Advertisement
Back