First time to a Miami and hurricane Game

caneiFannOnt

Recruit
Coming to Miami for the Toledo game from Ontario, Canada. My wife and I are coming.
Huge Cane fan since 1980, so I should have picked a better game however work and family during this time of year have prevented me from coming before. Will be in town for 3 days (early Friday - late Sunday). I have eeen you guys post places to see such as Little Havana / Coconut Grove / Bisc. Bay. Have not picked a hotel yet.
Questions
Do I rent a car or is there a good transit system / shuttle system? How is the parking if i rent a car? cost to park at stadium / Miami?

How do I get the full effect of the game. What side of stadium is the WALK? What side of Stadium is the Tailgaiting for clowns like me ? How early do I get there before game?

Have not purchased tickets yet? swill probably purchase on Stub Hub where is the best area?

Any other suggestions?

Advertisement
Tickets won't be a problem at all. Get the best seats you can if you're making that long trip.

Coming to Miami for the Toledo game from Ontario, Canada. My wife and I are coming.
Huge Cane fan since 1980, so I should have picked a better game however work and family during this time of year have prevented me from coming before. Will be in town for 3 days (early Friday - late Sunday). I have eeen you guys post places to see such as Little Havana / Coconut Grove / Bisc. Bay. Have not picked a hotel yet.
Questions
Do I rent a car or is there a good transit system / shuttle system? How is the parking if i rent a car? cost to park at stadium / Miami?

How do I get the full effect of the game. What side of stadium is the WALK? What side of Stadium is the Tailgaiting for clowns like me ? How early do I get there before game?

Have not purchased tickets yet? swill probably purchase on Stub Hub where is the best area?

Any other suggestions?

Definitely need a car if you plan on staying anywhere away from the stadium transportation in south florida is a joke compared to NY, LA, Boston, etc. Parking for that game will probably be like $20 nothing crazy, as far as places to see depends on what you actually want to see. The grove is nice but a little far from the stadium, Biscayne is nice but far from the stadium, so is little haven but except its not nice per say. Tailgating takes place all around the stadium, for a game like that it won't be super crazy, unless were going into that game undefeated then expect all the bandwagon fans to be out. Lower level "visitors" side have great prices for seats, and it'll be full of canes fans anyways.

Definitely rent a car. Miami's metro system is limited, and Ubering to the game has the potential for huge surge pricing. Parking at stadium will run you $20. I recommend staying in the downtown/Brickell area because it's more convenient and affordable than South Beach, but you still get beautiful views from most of the big hotels.

Also, El Palacio de Los Jugos

Definitely rent a car. Miami's metro system is limited, and Ubering to the game has the potential for huge surge pricing. Parking at stadium will run you $20. I recommend staying in the downtown/Brickell area because it's more convenient and affordable than South Beach, but you still get beautiful views from most of the big hotels.

Also, El Palacio de Los Jugos

Whenever i go i get the Watermelon juice by the gallon, you can also get some A1 on the side lol.

Mitt Romney Is Stumping in Miami at Eatery Owned by Convicted Coke Smuggler | Miami New Times

Advertisement
I'd stay at the Biltmore in Coral Gables. It's nice and reasonably priced and minutes from campus. I assume with such a long trip you'd want to see everything you can. It's also close enough to the Grove, Downtown/Brickell and little Havana to go to any of them. I'd personally go to south beach EARLY before the crowds just for the tourist aspect then go to Wynwood for some day drinking at the breweries. Pick a nice place for dinner in Brickell (I personally don't enjoy the area much but there are nice places to eat). I don't care for Coconut Grove either. Le Koke is a real nice place in Little Havana for dinner. You'll need to rent a car to get to the stadium but could uber everywhere else. Parking is a pain everywhere. Stadium parking is about $30. Public transportation sucks. Hurricane walk is at the south west gate.

Definitely rent a car.

Uber is stupid expensive and the drivers are horrendous.

1. rent a car, public transportation here is as reliable as snow.
2. it cost $25 to park at the stadium in the orange lot . park there.
3. since it is not a big opponent, there will be no problems getting tickets.
4. tailgating will start early, usually about 4 hours before game time. orange lot is a good lot to tailgate.
5. the walk is on the southwest side of the stadium, about 2 hours before game time.
6. tickets will be easy to purchase. use seatgeek.com or something similar.
7. stay in coconut grove or coral gables. are you traveling with kids or no kids? that will dictate activities.
8. go to versailles restaurant (36th ave and southwest 8th street) for decent (not great) cuban food. there are other perhaps better places, but it is a landmark.
9. visit the UM campus and have lunch there.

1. rent a car, public transportation here is as reliable as snow.
2. it cost $25 to park at the stadium in the orange lot . park there.
3. since it is not a big opponent, there will be no problems getting tickets.
4. tailgating will start early, usually about 4 hours before game time. orange lot is a good lot to tailgate.
5. the walk is on the southwest side of the stadium, about 2 hours before game time.
6. tickets will be easy to purchase. use seatgeek.com or something similar.
7. stay in coconut grove or coral gables. are you traveling with kids or no kids? that will dictate activities.
8. go to versailles restaurant (36th ave and southwest 8th street) for decent (not great) cuban food. there are other perhaps better places, but it is a landmark.
9. visit the UM campus and have lunch there.

Uber isn't crazy expensive. It's about $9 from the gables to brickell. You're going to spend more than that in parking plus deal with the traffic

Advertisement
Re: Tailgating you can join us usually there 3hours before hand, Blue 12 row 203 or 202 - East side of stadium. PM when game gets closer.

Advertisement
wait until I show up to a game and the young and restless *****, Franchise, buys my drink. Worse yet, picks up my bar tab with 21 packs of cigarettes. I miss you, you facking stud!

Manny Diaz and D.Money will be deported together

Advertisement
Thanks for all the information guys.
I've decided to come for a couple extra days. Will come Thursday morning and leave on Monday. I'll be like a kid in the candy store..

uber is a good option if you dont want to deal with parking. but it will be 30 bucks or so to the game and 30 back, but probably still worth it.

Questions

Any other suggestions?

Had to double-check your handle, I thought this was another brock thread.

Advertisement
Back