First time I've seen Al speechless

crossover22[]_[];1993977 said:
Yea he had no answer. Haven't seen that happen to him yet.

The media needs to ask more questions like that.

Over and over and over...

Advertisement
He wants out and we can give him that. Get him to the table and lower the buyout - tell him DUh and Jethro are toast. The dude wanted that Ped State gig because he knew the jig is up here and he's being exposed, his worst nightmare he was trying to avoid to ruin his HC career came to fruition. He's a scam artist looking for the next big pay day.

$$$$$$

Advertisement
It reminds me of the Jim Harrick press conference after UCLA lost to Princeton in the NCAA tournament and a reporter asked Harrick if he "got out coached" by Pete Carrill. There was awkward silence and then Harrick responded with "I don't think you are qualified to ask that question." Folden is finished here. He's been exposed as a guy who is all bluster.

Last edited:
See the 1:50-2:40 section of interview.

http://youtu.be/Y6LON7LdjSM

He's hanging his hat on the Louisville game as if it was a high point for the defesne.

Head. In. Sand.
Al might want to know that FIU held Louisville to the same yardage we did - 336.

Did they have their top RB and WR back for the FIU game? Their QB also had more experience when he played FIU than when he played us. How are our defensive rankings now?

Advertisement
Al Golden is a good man an I know he will be a great HC one day but being the head coach for the U is not for everybody this is a unique place.

yeah, coaching in an area with the best talent in the nation in your backyard isn't for everyone....

BWAHAHAHAHA! Lets not kid ourselves.. There is a **** good reason the last two coaching searches have gone the way they have. Good coaches have no interest in coming here... ****** facilities, crap stadium, crap fanbase.. And every prick bag with a computer is smarter than you...Let alone the simple fact that there are so many scum bags around like Genron, who are selling these local kids off and are also constantly running their mouths on social media, Guys like Uncle Luke.. seriously anywhere other than Miami do you think a people even know who he is? But down here you have to kiss his *** or he is going to bad mouth you to the local kids.. Seriously, why did we have to go to a small school up and comer on the last search? Was AG the first choice? was RS teh first choice? **** the hiring of RS was like... well everyone else we were looking at has taken a different job so I guess well just stay in house and hire him??lol

To me all the things that make Miami a great area are also the same things that make it a nightmare as well. Lets not forget there was a "Fire Butch" banner flown... Now ppl can't swallow his nut fast enough...lol

Please give me some actual facts as to why the last two hires went the way they did?

Hi Coach, how about admitting that your DC and your scheme and lack of adjustment made us lose the game? If we didn't play so many men off the line, tackling would have been much easier. We would have had more bodies to block and tackle. And don't come with that protecting against the deep ball! They were not a threat.
Pathetic that you value your idiotic DC more than the welfare of the team.

Advertisement
Al Golden is a good man an I know he will be a great HC one day but being the head coach for the U is not for everybody this is a unique place.

I think Al is a good man also, but his pride will prevent him for being a great HC at D1 level. After last year he should have had the humility to realize there was something wrong with his system and the way he coaches. He persist in thinking that if the players just get on the same page as him everything will be ok. Not for one second does he think it is actually he design at fault or his methods. Always somehow it is the players: "We need to get that fixed at practice" is clear indications that he thinks players need to get better. The improvement needs to take place at his core and inside the coaching brain trust. They need a NEW system that our players can play with speed and confidence. I still say Al is gone after the Cincy game, although I would prefer he stay until Donna is out of power.

yeah, coaching in an area with the best talent in the nation in your backyard isn't for everyone....

BWAHAHAHAHA! Lets not kid ourselves.. There is a **** good reason the last two coaching searches have gone the way they have. Good coaches have no interest in coming here... ****ty facilities, crap stadium, crap fanbase.. And every prick bag with a computer is smarter than you...Let alone the simple fact that there are so many scum bags around like Genron, who are selling these local kids off and are also constantly running their mouths on social media, Guys like Uncle Luke.. seriously anywhere other than Miami do you think a people even know who he is? But down here you have to kiss his *** or he is going to bad mouth you to the local kids.. Seriously, why did we have to go to a small school up and comer on the last search? Was AG the first choice? was RS teh first choice? **** the hiring of RS was like... well everyone else we were looking at has taken a different job so I guess well just stay in house and hire him??lol

To me all the things that make Miami a great area are also the same things that make it a nightmare as well. Lets not forget there was a "Fire Butch" banner flown... Now ppl can't swallow his nut fast enough...lol

Please give me some actual facts as to why the last two hires went the way they did?

I remember there were several who turned us down, you are right. Sam was a world wonder at getting coaches. BUT none of the ones who turned us down have won any NC either. Dee let the team pick Coker--Sam told team no to their pick and got JJ. JJ had an edge to him; Dennis, well boy could drink; Larry was a good guy, and Randy was a good example, Al is a friggin choir boy. We need an up and comer that people will hate not love. We need someone who is like a Cane-- a bit of nasty when touched. I love Al caring about the kids but you can't ignore the number of players we have loss and the lack of development of others. These kis come to get to the NFL -- JJ was nasty but they got to Sunday. ND has more money the God, great facilities, fans, full stands, and Touchdown Jesus, and Urban, named after a Pope, Meyer turned them down for swamp scum. Our AD has to find that right coach. Hungry, rising, edging, and looking to make a name for himself-- JJ.

Advertisement
Not every coach is right for a school or team. Al is a good guy that should be coaching at Purdue, Syracuse, Iowa St, etc where expectations are moderate and 8 win seasons are welcomed. He can recruit his *** off, but that is only part of the job. He simply can not get these kids to play consistent ball on both sides of the field. Larry Coker is in the right place now, Brady Hoke is not. Sometimes the job and expectations are too much for the individual. This does not make Al or his staff bad coaches, just not the right "fit." for UM.
This program was built on aggressive, fast, hard hitting defense. Not offense, but defense is what won our 5 titles. In fact, the Fiesta Bowl nightmare v Penn St was about bad offense (playcalling). We need a coach who is defensive oriented and will make sure every year we have a great defense. Those are the programs that are consistent. Watch FSU on Sat night, they were beyond lucky, but their D gave them a chance.

He truly doesn't give a **** about giving up yards. He has a loser mentality, basically an "I hope the other team ***** up more than we do" mentality....if we had found some way to win that game while giving up those yards he would be ecstatic and claim the defense is working...He doesn't want to dominate. Any coach that looks at are our defensive stats from last yr and doesn't change ANYTHING and blames players, should not be coaching on the college level...Honestly, this dude needs to go coach some ******* high school team in Jersey...even then, he'd probably still be a trash coach

Two things stick out and both of them are glaring:

1. Golden blaming the loss on his players via turnovers and "inability to get off the field on third down". IMO the players fought hard as they could so this one is not on the players (including DUke's fumble). Players were NOT to blame in this loss!
2. Golden NEVER mentioned the need for better coaching/scheme even when directly confronted by the question!

THIS loss is on him and D'onfrio. Have the balls to say it because it is their loss.

His inability to KNOW what is right is the freaking problem.

WE ALL KNOW IT GOLDEN- except you and D'Onofrio.

Look hard in the mirror GOLDEN because we all see you for what your are. A BIG TIME PUSS

Right! If Golden stacked the gd box with 10 people and Nebraska would still get 6 yards a pop, THEN it's fine to blame stupid **** like poor tackling. But when you go to stupid base schemes on 3rd and short you are giving a free set of downs.

So stupid.

Advertisement
Back