First Scrimmage Thread - BOOM

Advertisement
U guys are crazy thinking Ryan Williams isn't the starting qb. I hope Kaaya starts, because Heaps has proven he really isnt that good in his past 2 stops. Best case scenario is Kaaya starts first 2 weeks. Then RW is back the week before Nebraska game. This way Kaaya gets real game experience against UL, and those crap teams so he'll be ready for the job next year.

How is that the best case scenario?

The best case scenario (if you're factoring in Williams taking the job) is for Heaps to hold down the fort for 4 weeks then Williams to ride in on his white stallion to save the day, leaving Kaaya with a redshirt year.

I think what will happen is Heaps will start the season then they'll slowly work in Kaaya and Olsen. Williams will probably get some token throws too.
If we assume either QB will win every game he plays (because it's a best case scenario) then Kaaya is the guy I want over Heaps. The experience he gets from playing and winning in a big game will be extremely valuable not to mention we will actually be able to see how he performs in an actual pressure filled game. That is much more important than Redshirting to maybe give him an extra year he might not even use.
If you think they are close in their competition and have the same short term potential (ULgame), then I go with the guy that also has better long term potential.

U guys are crazy thinking Ryan Williams isn't the starting qb. I hope Kaaya starts, because Heaps has proven he really isnt that good in his past 2 stops. Best case scenario is Kaaya starts first 2 weeks. Then RW is back the week before Nebraska game. This way Kaaya gets real game experience against UL, and those crap teams so he'll be ready for the job next year.

How is that the best case scenario?

The best case scenario (if you're factoring in Williams taking the job) is for Heaps to hold down the fort for 4 weeks then Williams to ride in on his white stallion to save the day, leaving Kaaya with a redshirt year.

I think what will happen is Heaps will start the season then they'll slowly work in Kaaya and Olsen. Williams will probably get some token throws too.
If we assume either QB will win every game he plays (because it's a best case scenario) then Kaaya is the guy I want over Heaps. The experience he gets from playing and winning in a big game will be extremely valuable not to mention we will actually be able to see how he performs in an actual pressure filled game. That is much more important than Redshirting to maybe give him an extra year he might not even use.
If you think they are close in their competition and have the same short term potential (ULgame), then I go with the guy that also has better long term potential.

You've effectively assumed away the problem w/ that unrealistic "best case scenario."

Advertisement
Does anyone have an actual statistical comparison of how the freshmans Cozart performed versus Heaps. The "he beat out Heaps" stuff is pretty meaningless given the fact Weis is in full blown panic mode looking for anything or anyone to save his job.

Did Kansas look appreciably better with Cozart than it did with Heaps, or were they the same **** pile?

Kaaya clearly has the higher ceiling, but I've seen too many guys, who turned out to be really good QBs down the road, look really shaky as true freshmans. Braxton Miller looked like a deer in the headlights against our terrible defense. Even the great Peyton Manning was pedestrian at best as a true freshmans and struggled badly against top teams.

NAMECMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ATDINTRAT
Jake Heaps128261141449.05.4281097.0
Montell Cozart236322736.53.600260.4

Thank you. So, Cozart did far worse even though he purportedly "beat him out".

Heaps got beat out because another quarterback took his job and kept it. That's what "beat out" means.

Cozart didn't win the job because of his passing. He won the job because Heaps couldn't pass either, and at least Cozart could run.

Heaps is serving his purpose as an insurance policy. We needed him because Olsen is a disaster. But it's funny how people say that true freshmen traditionally struggle and ignore that Jake Heaps traditionally struggles.

That QB didn't take his job. Weis gave him that job. When Weis realized Cozart was worse he inserted Heaps in the game twice in the final two games. Weis was awful coaching both guys and hired someone else to do it to save his job with a new offense. Wouldn't be surprised if the people at Kansas made him take a hands off approach on the offense and in turn they turned down some of pressure.

People here have already broken down the numbers. The drops. What those drops would mean if even half were completions. The lack of talent. The awful O line play. We won't even talk about the fact that they're probably the least talented team offensively in that conference. You told an incomplete story. Thats all. You used "he got beat out by a true freshman" as a "drop mic" moment when anyone with a brain could dissect that situation and see what really happened.

Get in here mr heaps

I tried to tell everyone how schitty Heaps was when we signed him.

Butch Davis would NEVER let a Todd Heaps near his young star QB.

Advertisement
Dmoney did this to you last year. You let him and Morris' final three games against those awful opponents make you forget what Morris really was. An inaccurate, bad decision maker who beats up on minnows but turtles up against top competition. Don't let him do it you again. Or don't let his source do it to you again.

Here's fincane discrediting the staff and being wrong again

Does anyone have an actual statistical comparison of how the freshmans Cozart performed versus Heaps. The "he beat out Heaps" stuff is pretty meaningless given the fact Weis is in full blown panic mode looking for anything or anyone to save his job.

Did Kansas look appreciably better with Cozart than it did with Heaps, or were they the same **** pile?

Kaaya clearly has the higher ceiling, but I've seen too many guys, who turned out to be really good QBs down the road, look really shaky as true freshmans. Braxton Miller looked like a deer in the headlights against our terrible defense. Even the great Peyton Manning was pedestrian at best as a true freshmans and struggled badly against top teams.

NAMECMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ATDINTRAT
Jake Heaps128261141449.05.4281097.0
Montell Cozart236322736.53.600260.4

Thank you. So, Cozart did far worse even though he purportedly "beat him out".

Clearly. So when DMoney talks about being disturbed if Kaaya doesn't start how the **** can you take him seriously? Even in a discussion where he doesn't have to omit facts because Heaps wasn't good at Kansas he does it anyway. Talking about semantics. BS.

This don't add up

Advertisement
Back