First Rivals 2021 Top 100 just released

Rivals just dropped their first cut at the Top 100 kids for 2021.

You can see the list here

I haven't dug a ton into 2021 yet beyond the in-state kids, so I'll just list the Miami targets/Florida kids. Pretty interesting how big some of the disparities are between 247's current rankings and these from Rivals. But it's a long way away and of course these change so much, but there are some major differences.

6. Corey Collier -- He is a 5-star on Rivals and the #6 overall player, #1 ranked player in Florida. On 247, he's currently ranked #110 overall & #15 in the state.

12. James Williams -- #12 overall and a 4-star on Rivals, #11 overall and a 4-star on 247

17. Jacorey Brooks -- Big WR from BTW checks in at #17 on Rivals but is much lower at #160 on 247

27. Agiye Hall -- WR from Armwood, #27 on Rivals and #14 on 247.

29. Mario Williams -- WR from Plant City, also ranked #119 on 247.

41. Trevonte Rucker -- WR from Vanguard, #41 also on 247. Recently decommitted from the gator.

45. Branden Jennings -- Brother of our own Bradley, LB from Jax. #68 on 247

61. Jason Marshall -- The other stud CB from Palmetto along with Collier. #83 on 247

62. Savion Collins -- Miami commit. #186 on 247 and all the way to #62 here.

That's it for the Florida kids.

Kids that are ranked in the Top 100 on 247 but are NOT ranked on the initial Rivals 100 include:

#10 Bryce Langston
#17 Xavian Sorey
#31 Leonard Taylor
#67 Terrence Lewis
#80 Marcus Tate
#99 Jabari Ishmael

Oh, and Jake Garcia is ranked #21 on Rivals and #24 on 247.

Advertisement
I personally trust 247 more than rivals but the composite is the best way to go since it’s an averaged out ranking of rivals, 247 and ESPN

ESPN is by far the worst. Really not even close, those dudes are clueless. And I think they've almost essentially shut the doors on that whole side of their business. But still, the composite is probably the best thing to look at.

Advertisement
I don't think you can go wrong with rivals or 247, but the composite is flawed due to it having ESPN a part of the composite.

Really can't argue this, although I do pay attention to the composite because I'm lazy. But the best way to do it would probably be to just take a composite of Rivals and 247 and leave ESPN out entirely. They're completely worthless.

Did Donnell Harris actually reclassify?

Rivals does not have him as part of the 2021 Top 100, so I assume they're expecting him to.

Really can't argue this, although I do pay attention to the composite because I'm lazy. But the best way to do it would probably be to just take a composite of Rivals and 247 and leave ESPN out entirely. They're completely worthless.

Rivals does not have him as part of the 2021 Top 100, so I assume they're expecting him to.
They said he would have been #1 or #2 but due to reclassifying will be ranked in the 2020 class later this summer

Legitimate question-

Why is everyone so down on ESPN ratings? Has there been some published accuracy comparisons suggesting theirs are the worst by some substantive margin? Or is this just based on some opinions that they are not fair to Miami targets in general? I am pretty sure all sites have hits, and all sites have misses. If someone has analyzed this to determine a substantive difference beyond feelings, I'd love to know.

edit/ I generally only look at composite, as I like the balancing effect of multiple sources weighing in personally. Just curious why ESPN always seems to have detractors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Legitimate question-

Why is everyone so down on ESPN ratings? Has there been some published accuracy comparisons suggesting theirs are the worst by some substantive margin? Or is this just based on some opinions that they are not fair to Miami targets in general? I am pretty sure all sites have hits, and all sites have misses. If someone has analyzed this to determine a substantive difference beyond feelings, I'd love to know.

edit/ I generally only look at composite, as I like the balancing effect of multiple sources weighing in personally. Just curious why ESPN always seems to have detractors.

Of course it's a crapshoot. Nobody is "good" at this. It's throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. I don't have evidence in front of me, but over the years ESPN has shown to be the most clueless out of any of the main services. I believe I've also read they have the smallest budget.

And also if you're saying that one service or another is good/bad based off how they treat Miami targets, you need to stop posting because you're retarded and shouldn't have access to the internet.

Legitimate question-

mainly because they don't have the infrastructure and dedication to recruiting like rivals and 247. their recruiting part always felt more like an afterthought to get some easy clicks and the content isn't really insightful (more like regurgitation of stuff from other sites).

mainly because they don't have the infrastructure and dedication to recruiting like rivals and 247. their recruiting part always felt more like an afterthought to get some easy clicks and the content isn't really insightful (more like regurgitation of stuff from other sites).
As soon as Bryan Bresee committed 247sports downranked him to #2. The new #1 is uncommitted, surprise, surprise, the data has no integrity.

Of course it's a crapshoot. Nobody is "good" at this. It's throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. I don't have evidence in front of me, but over the years ESPN has shown to be the most clueless out of any of the main services. I believe I've also read they have the smallest budget.

And also if you're saying that one service or another is good/bad based off how they treat Miami targets, you need to stop posting because you're retarded and shouldn't have access to the internet.
I don't say that. But I see people complain that Miami targets are underrated all the time. Mostly based on some subscriber placation conspiracy, when it is obviously in the rating sites best interest to be the best overall, not the best for a fan base specifically.

Advertisement
I don't say that. But I see people complain that Miami targets are underrated all the time. Mostly based on some subscriber placation conspiracy, when it is obviously in the rating sites best interest to be the best overall, not the best for a fan base specifically.

Nah, I didn't mean you did at all. Wasn't meaning to be a **** to you. I was just answering your question.....people shouldn't be bashing a service over how they treat Miami kids. There's no anti-Miami bias. Nobody is out to get us. That's all conspiracy theory nonsense. But didn't mean to insinuate that I felt you shared that opinion.

As soon as Bryan Bresee committed 247sports downranked him to #2. The new #1 is uncommitted, surprise, surprise, the data has no integrity.

he's still #1 on 247's prospect list. he dropped in the composite because burch was upgraded elsewhere.

Legitimate question-

ESPN let go of some of there recruiting analyst and cut back there coverage overall. They mainly focus on guys that are going to play in High school games that are televised or the UA game, they aren't digging to find the under the radar guys like rivals and 247 are.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back