First in the room last one to leave.

Advertisement
Here is a problem. When you put a smart kid in classroom of dummies, the smart kid gets more like them, not the other way around. If you play tennis with someone worse than you, your game goes down ...... Need to throw out the bad apples or this kid will go rotten too.

If this isnt the most truthful statement.......

Diaz talks a big game but the fact he has been here four years and still hasn't fixed the problem is a little concerning. Even as a DC he could of went to Richt and tried to fix the issues. Now a year after a total collapse he is still spouting this "culture" crap.

How about you bust some heads in practice and weed out those not committed to the greater good.

I truly believe if this team is ever going to rise up again it will be from out of state kids who have more heart than talent. The kids in south florida have no dedication to anyone but themselves. Changing h.s. numerous times and committing/de-committing shows a lack of character.

Then leave after three years for the NFL because you knocked up a chick and cant afford the kid... We need kids who have their act together.

In fairness to Manny, the culture problem appears to be more on the offensive side of the ball. Until this year, he really had no say on that side of the ball, who they recruited, etc.

It'll be telling to see how Manny's 2019 recruits on the offensive side of the ball perform this year (Payton, Nelson, Clark, Hodges, Matocha) and whether those take the next step this year.

Advertisement
We'll know about TVD in the spring game. It's early, but QB's who have "it", show signs of it almost right away.

we definitely have a culture problem. its been going on long before manny got here. they used to only leave when they got a round 1 or 2 grade. now we have guys leaving who aren't even getting drafted. we generally have a dumb locker room. need smarter more motivated players. a lot of strange negative influences surround this program that don't seem to permeate the programs that are winning.

been saying this for years

We'll know about TVD in the spring game. It's early, but QB's who have "it", show signs of it almost right away.

that's true. but it doesn't necessarily mean they are ready to be the starter.

i do think the kid has real talent, and am looking forward to seeing him this spring.

Advertisement
Here is a problem. When you put a smart kid in classroom of dummies, the smart kid gets more like them, not the other way around. If you play tennis with someone worse than you, your game goes down ...... Need to throw out the bad apples or this kid will go rotten too.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! If you're not going to kick a couple QBs off the team, at least change their position and get them out of the QB room. I say Jarren can play scout team tackling dummy. Tate can be the special teams midget that inspires short dudes everywhere that they can play for the Miami Hurricanes if they work hard, and run down the field fast. Perry can moved to the tight end film room, since he likes film so much. And tight ends.

Get them away from our future QBs before they ruin them.

that’s what was said of the 2018 class esp the ambassador lingard

ppl here were creaming their pants about how at the aaa game he was the first one out for drills and exercises and now look at what we say about him
Fvckin Gator

Diaz is such a fraud it makes my stomach hurt. How many examples do we have to call him out on this bs narrative he is pushing:

martell getting snaps at receiver week 0
Martell quitting on his team and then playing in bowl game
Williams quitting and then coming back and starting
Cleveland Reed rejoining the team
Jeff Thomas returning

this guy is a bigger con artist then golden. I can’t stomach listening to him talk

If Maneulito wants to prove he's serious with all this talk he's been throwing out there about the QB room, he needs to boot at least one or two of the QB's to set the example to the rest of the team.

As of now, everything he's saying is just all talk that's falling on deaf ears...

If the QB room is as bad as he keeps saying then he needs to put his foot down & send one of them knuckleheads packing... Can't keep crying about how unfocused & undisciplined they are while not disciplining them.

Advertisement
What if there are drugs or a party in the room? Bet Jarren and N'Kushi are there before TVD and good luck getting them to leave

Advertisement
This is another good one:

“We’re trying to rebrand the receiver room. We’re trying to be defined by guys who work and compete every day, not just the guys we can sit around the table and say they’re talented.”

I will say I think Diaz has successfully identified the culture issues.

The question is, can he fix them?

Pretty sure he said identified them last year.

These things should have been addressed from day 1. He's been in the program 3 years. If this is something that's started this year then that's on him as well.

It's obvious to me Diaz has created/allowed this soft environment. IDK how all the sudden you demand something that you didn't demand on day1.

By "demanding" I mean there are clear consequences for bad actions and you follow through with appropriate punishment. Richt understood this and cut kids loose when they had severe or a multiple infractions.

Diaz is like the substitute teacher that nobody respects.

Yall need to stop with this he's been here for 3 years crap he hasnt been in the QB room or WR room for 3 years....the defense has been good enough and mature enough to win us 10+ games the past 3 years

Advertisement
Back