First Half Offense

streetja

UM HC: Miami Natives Only 😎
The unofficial theme for the 2018 football season has been to get off to a corpse like start on offense, spot the opponent an entire half before we realize it's game time, and then attempt to get out of the hole we buried ourselves into. This got me thinking just how bad we've been to start games in Richt's tenure here. Well, after looking up the numbers, and with my expectations set extremely low expecting some ugly numbers, the results came back... and were even more HORRIFYING than I could have ever expected.

In Richt's 24 games he's coached here against P5 opponents, his offense has put up 20 or more points in the first half 3 times. James Coley, a random person plucked off the streets of calle ocho one day, in his last season alone with us, put up 20 or more points 4 ******* TIMES.

Richt is a terminal disease. With him we will die. #FireMorkRicht

Advertisement
Advertisement
He'll fall *** backwards into another Coastal title and 10 wins. This is last year's team with a better defense, and last year's team was fortunate not to finish with 6 losses with a defense that kept the score close every week.
That might be too optimistic. This offense is worse than last years.

James Coley wasn't even a good OC. Sheesh. That is painful to think about.

Miami was just barely inside the Top 25 offensively with Coley, and that was with an Al Golden coached team. I actually don't think Coley would be a bad re-hire. He was a good recruiter too. Utilized Duke Johnson, Stacy Coley, and Phillip Dorsett well. I would like to see this offensive personnel under Coley. JT4 would probably eat similar to Phillip for all we know.

His time at Miami was his first time calling plays and it was a lot better than what we're seeing here. He would get us a decent start but Golden would have him go passive, and we always blew the lead.

Advertisement
Going back to the GT game last year. We have had 16 first drives in games.

1 TD
1 FG
8 punts
3 TO Downs
2 Fumbles
1 INT

:pgdead::pgdead:

You can often tell how good an OC is by game planning for opposing defenses. Needless to say ours isn't up to par.

Miami was just barely inside the Top 25 offensively with Coley, and that was with an Al Golden coached team. I actually don't think Coley would be a bad re-hire. He was a good recruiter too. Utilized Duke Johnson, Stacy Coley, and Phillip Dorsett well. I would like to see this offensive personnel under Coley. JT4 would probably eat similar to Phillip for all we know.

His time at Miami was his first time calling plays and it was a lot better than what we're seeing here. He would get us a decent start but Golden would have him go passive, and we always blew the lead.

You're ABSOLUTELY correct about Albert going conservative with the lead ( Dude was " playing not to lose " and what not. ). Even Herbie couldn't fathom why Albert put the brakes on the offense, in the second half, against FSU.

1 TD
1 FG
8 punts
3 TO Downs
2 Fumbles
1 INT

You can often tell how good an OC is by game planning for opposing defenses. Needless to say ours isn't up to par.

Comical

1 TD
1 FG
8 punts
3 TO Downs
2 Fumbles
1 INT

He's the master at creating negative momentum.

Advertisement
He'll fall *** backwards into another Coastal title and 10 wins. This is last year's team with a better defense, and last year's team was fortunate not to finish with 6 losses with a defense that kept the score close every week.
Got some bounces to go our way last year too.doesn't look like we gonna get many this year.hope offensive players wake up and cmr actually does a game plan that works.can't always rely on the defense to play lights out every snap.gonna run across a hot qb and we gonna get gashed bad.then recruits will be jumping ship.

1 TD
1 FG
8 punts
3 TO Downs
2 Fumbles
1 INT

dd2.gif

What first half offense?? :noidea:

The plan is to fall behind by 20, then launch a miraculous desperation comeback, by calling plays that would have had us ahead instead of behind by 20, had they been used prior.

Advertisement
The first half probably will be an offense - to playing good football on the offensive side of the ball.

And probably STs, too.

Advertisement
Back