First game

probably fau (09/03) or famu (09/10). I think the FAU game status is still TBA.

True, FAU date has not been announced...

Actually I just looked, FAU has a game scheduled 09/03, so its FAMU 09/10.

The college football season begins on September 3, 2016. I doubt we're opening with our BYE week.

May get the Labor Day ACC game since we have Richt

Advertisement
2016 conference opponents with no game currently scheduled 09/03:
Duke

Could be good, hype up how the game went down in 2015, duke looking for revenge, Richt to make his debut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man would it be nice to open with three straight cupcakes to allow us to get in a groove and lathered up for conference play. Lets us work out any kinks in our game before we take on the tougher teams. Please make that happen.

Man herrera, you wanna get lathered up, get in a groove on a cupcake, and work out your kinks. I guess you could say you're excited for the hire!

Only three non conference games so far scheduled according to 2016 Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule | UM

So my guess is we are going to schedule another non conference game. Probably at home too, since we have 2 road and 1 home non conference game so far. That would probably be our first game of the year, whoever it is.

Advertisement
Looks like nobody cares because this thread is dead, but I did process of elimination and it my best guess is Miami will open up the season with Duke.

The Blue Devils are the only team of Miami's 2016 opponents to also have an open spot on week 1. So either the U has a bye, plays Duke, or there are some changes to the schedule.

I doubt it'll be Labor Day night just because FSU-Ole Miss is already slated for Labor Day in the citrus bowl. I doubt they'd have two relatively high-profile games on Labor day, but you never know.

We have FAMU on the 10th. We're currently open on the 3rd. We have App State on the 17th (I'll be there, can't wait). If FAU is playing on the 3rd, we'll be opening with an ACC opponent on Sept. 3rd since we play Notre Dame on 10/29.

Looking at our ACC opponents for next year, every single one has a game on Sept. 3 or Sept. 5 (FSU-Ole Miss) except Duke. Based on that, we have to be opening with Duke.

Doesn't matter. Us, fans, need to pack that stadium

FredSanford.jpg

LOL!!

Advertisement
Good open with duke.

AND BLOW THEM THE **** OUT AND GIVE CUTCLIFFE SOMETHING TO REALLY ***** ABOUT. DUKE NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK IN THERE PLACE. TIRED OF THEM THINKING THERE SOMEONE. BLOW THE DOORS OFF THEM. MAKE A STATEMENT RUN UP THE SCORE.

The opening games are cream puffs, so far. But, the schedule intensifies afterward. At Appalachian State is a trap; remember what they did to Michigan. At Notre Dame. FSU at home. North Carolina at home, but not sure if they will be as strong as this year. With proper coaching, I think UM can win the Coastal. Then, it is probably Clemson for the ACC Championship. Oh well. I've been OCD about the coaching search. Now it is the run up to NSD. Then, the long dead period. And, finally opening of 2016 season. Can't wait. It would be interesting to open against a Top-10 team.

2016 Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule | UM

The opening games are cream puffs, so far. But, the schedule intensifies afterward. At Appalachian State is a trap; remember what they did to Michigan. At Notre Dame. FSU at home. North Carolina at home, but not sure if they will be as strong as this year. With proper coaching, I think UM can win the Coastal. Then, it is probably Clemson for the ACC Championship. Oh well. I've been OCD about the coaching search. Now it is the run up to NSD. Then, the long dead period. And, finally opening of 2016 season. Can't wait. It would be interesting to open against a Top-10 team.

2016 Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule | UM

I really hope they are kind to us and schedule FAU in between the FSU and ND game. Perfect set up. A cupcake right after a big win and right before another big game. Any other team could potentially beat us.

Advertisement
Thought we accepted the LSU matchup in Dallas.

New QB time unless BK leaves early which I don't see happening as of right now. New staff and a coach known for developing QB's so anything is possible.

I wish this was a home and away. I've always wanted to see a game in the othe other Death Valley as I've been to Clemson's. I have zero desire to see a game in Jerry's world or any other "special" venue.

Advertisement
At Appalachian State is a trap; remember what they did to Michigan.

App State's win over Michigan was eight years ago. I think a more relevant reference is the past month when they lost to Arkansas State and struggled with Troy.

Advertisement
Back