First game starters post-NSD prediction

Best guess:

QB: Kosi Perry
WR: Berrios, Ahmonn, Thomas (Cager and Harris first ones off bench)
TE: Herndon (will have monster SR year for sure)
OL: Odogwu, St Louis, Linder, Donaldson, Darling
RB: Walton, Homer as rb2

DL: Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson, Norton, Mcintosh (Willis, DJJ, maybe garvin rotating in frequently)
LB: Bermuda 2.0
CB: J. Dean, Malek Young (Redwine first one off bench)
Nickelback: Bandy
Safeties: Amari Carter, Jaquan Johnson

KR/PR: Berrios

Notes:

Berrios is praised for his consistency. The staff wants him on KR/PR because they know he's the one least likely to f up.
The OL recruits are going to need time to beat out the guys that have been in the program for a while. I only see a EE donaldson having the chance to start early. I could see Gaynor beating out Linder though.
I think we may see Burns get some time as fullback in the future if his body develops that way.
Thomas' skill will get him on the field early, a coin flip to see if a recovered cager can beat him out. Either way I think the only two cemented WR starters are Berrios and Ahmonn (yes I know people will disagree with Berrios, but clearly the staff loves him). I still don't think Mullins will have the focus and hard work to start at WR with the depth in front of him.

Advertisement
I agree with everything you have here except flip Cager and Thomas.

And I hope to god we are wrong about KR/PR and they put Thomas back there.

Gauthier over Linder at C.

Would love to see Thomas/Harley back there on KR and Thomas as PR from day 1.

Perry would have to be a once-in-a-decade player to start over the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent Harris and Djax are going to be rotating in on the d-line as well. Moten will as well given that you can't rotate 3 DTs a whole year.

Advertisement
****, they starting already... No weight room, No spring or summer practice...huh smdh

That's a solid lineup if we can get good QB & OL play. Both positions have the talent, just need it to come together.

Front 7 is as good as any in the ACC and probably elsewhere too. This team should be close to a lock for an ACCCG appearance.

Advertisement
Berrios hasn't cemented himself nowhere.

If he is returning punts again we need to hire a new ST coach. Berrios probably fair catches keys being tossed at him.

Cager over berrios and if berrios is starting over Thomas at kr/or we have a problemj

Last edited:
Donaldson needs to get the baby fat off to start.

I think he is a 6 man type this year.

We return a veteran OL.

I doubt Thomas starts, but plays a lot.

Advertisement
I'd be disappointed if we don't see Thomas or Harley back there on returns. There's not much of a point of having speed on your team if you don't use it everywhere to your advantage....

I hope the staff will put the speed on the returns....

Best guess:

QB: Kosi Perry
WR: Berrios, Ahmonn, Thomas (Cager and Harris first ones off bench)
TE: Herndon (will have monster SR year for sure)
OL: Odogwu, St Louis, Linder, Donaldson, Darling
RB: Walton, Homer as rb2

DL: Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson, Norton, Mcintosh (Willis, DJJ, maybe garvin rotating in frequently)
LB: Bermuda 2.0
CB: J. Dean, Malek Young (Redwine first one off bench)
Nickelback: Bandy
Safeties: Amari Carter, Jaquan Johnson

KR/PR: Berrios

Notes:

Berrios is praised for his consistency. The staff wants him on KR/PR because they know he's the one least likely to f up.
The OL recruits are going to need time to beat out the guys that have been in the program for a while. I only see a EE donaldson having the chance to start early. I could see Gaynor beating out Linder though.
I think we may see Burns get some time as fullback in the future if his body develops that way.
Thomas' skill will get him on the field early, a coin flip to see if a recovered cager can beat him out. Either way I think the only two cemented WR starters are Berrios and Ahmonn (yes I know people will disagree with Berrios, but clearly the staff loves him). I still don't think Mullins will have the focus and hard work to start at WR with the depth in front of him.

Way too early but here goes:

QB- Perry or Alison
HB- Walton
WR- Richards, Cager, Berrios
TE- Herndon
LT- Brown
LG- Gauthier
C- Linder
RG- Darling
RT- Donaldson

DT- Norton, Mcintosh
DE- Thomas, Joe Jackson
LB- Shaq, Pickeny, McCloud
CB- Redwine, Bandy
Nickle- Young
S- Johnson, Finley

A lot of the young guys like Thomas, Harley, Carter and Dean will contribute but these are the starters IMO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly the only thing that really matters about the starting lineup is what the **** our OL will look like and who our QB is going to be. I don't give a **** about the rest, because I'm confident we have ballers throughout the roster.
But since we only have a class of 24, which is much smaller than all of us assumed we'd get, I really hope we look into bringing in a Grad Transfer OL and S. And Might as well try to keep Gus, even though I don't like him.

But seriously our stating OL is going to decide everything for us. We may need to start some True Freshman which could be pretty bad. We really need Brown to take hold of the LT job and hope someone can beat out Linder or he can improve and get healthy, because he was the weakest link last year.

Advertisement
Back