"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

Advertisement
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly was probably the last recruit to leave Miami’s campus on Tuesday night.

The former Florida State commit was seen back by the football facility with his mom and other UM staffers long after others had already left. Following the Hurricanes ‘First Day Out’ cookout, Kelly had a lot of positive things to say about what he had the chance to experience while at UM.

“I ain’t know they had all this,” Kelly told InsideTheU on the way back to his car following the festivities. “It looks nice. It looks like a beachfront like you’re on South Beach or something.”

It won’t be long before the 6-foot-5, 240-pound pass rusher is back at Miami’s campus. He set up another visit with Jess Simpson while on UM’s campus on Tuesday.
“I got to take a tour here. I think I’m taking one next week on Tuesday. Me and coach Simpson was talking and he said, ‘I need to get you back here just me and you’ and I said we can make it happen,” Kelly said.
Kelly spent a lot of time talking with Manny Diaz, Simpson and a few others on Miami’s staff. They were telling Kelly that keeping him home is a priority.
“They was saying they’re not letting me leave Coral Gables,” Kelly said.
It was also Kelly’s first chance to meet and interact with Simpson in-person.
“It was a good feeling but I didn’t feel nervous or anything because we talk on the regular,” Kelly siad.
The folks in Coral Gables put on a presentation for the roughly 30 recruits in attendance, many of them blue-chip guys. The entire evening helped Miami’s case for the Broward County native.
“Yeah, a little bit,” Kelly said on if the visit helped the Hurricanes. “I just wanted to meet them face-to-face and see how everything plans out,” Kelly said.
1COMMENTS
This week, Kelly plans to make a stop at FAU before heading up to Florida State for a few days to check out the Seminoles.
Kelly is considered the No. 101 overall player and No. 15 defensive lineman in the Class of 2022, according to 247Sports.
😂😂😂what they got cheap gas there on the way out..

Advertisement
Fermin reporting Jake Garcia is back again, hanging out with the underclassmen.

AND

Miami Monsignor Pace five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart is back at UM alongside some of his teammates, which includes a strong group of Class of 2024 guys in quarterback Adrian Posse, wide receiver Jeremiah Smith, athlete Joshisa Trader and linebacker Vincent Shavers. All four of those guys have Miami offers.

This right here is HUGE. Stewart came back again when he could of went elsewhere or stayed home

Yall talkin' about Marvin Jones. Bump that. We need to sign his mama. LAwd! She was killin' them jeans last night.

Also...
Who was the 6'6"-6'7" white kid I saw last night? Might've been the most impressive looking kid there. Pops was a good 6'5" himself, mom was like 5'8".
For all that commented on Mama.....it was about the jeans not her alma mater

Advertisement
sounds like a pack.

theres a chance.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
– There are some that would be a little surprised if Miami isn't eventually the pick for Orlando (Fla.) Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams. Williams initially didn't have the Hurricanes in his top three, but that was before Diaz hired assistant Ishmael Aristide. The former Texas A&M staffer played at Evans before continuing his playing career at Purdue and that has some key people at Evans in Miami's corner. Alabama, Ohio State and Nebraska are some other schools that Williams plans to see in June. A decision could come by the end of the summer months.

Have any local 2022 WRs emerged? Last year they were falling off trees. This year I can't think of one local name that's an obvious Miami kid.
I like the MNW '22 WR but there seems to be something up with him because there's crickets around us having interest. Guessing the coaches want the '22 kids to camp/compete so they can get a true evaluation. Limited seasons in 2021 hurt coaches getting to see the kids

Advertisement
Back