"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

“I had a great time in Miami,” Covil said. “I got to meet all the secondary coaches, and was shown around by Hurricane legend Coach Rumph.”

coachrumph.0.jpg

SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Boy this woke me up....

if anyone on the board knows i been screaming for us to get a footing in the TIDEWATER area for YEARS. This is a great start.

Reason i want us in there...we have gotten beaten by our biggest rival next to fsu (VA TECH) with Tidewater area kids for YEARS since big east days. There hc sucks at recruiting....so its pretty much open szn there. UVA sucks at instate area recruiting too. UNC is smart enough to capitalize on it...we might as well get in on it.

I also went to school with guys from that area....They are very south florida like if you get my drift. See Mike Vick, Allen Iverson and multiple others....them mfers are tough as nails...they are ready to suit up whenever with whomever.

Id love to add this kid to the secondary..will be a tough task but as fast as his *** flew down here shows his true interest
That area produces...all sports...all positions

Boy this woke me up....

if anyone on the board knows i been screaming for us to get a footing in the TIDEWATER area for YEARS. This is a great start.

Reason i want us in there...we have gotten beaten by our biggest rival next to fsu (VA TECH) with Tidewater area kids for YEARS since big east days. There hc sucks at recruiting....so its pretty much open szn there. UVA sucks at instate area recruiting too. UNC is smart enough to capitalize on it...we might as well get in on it.

I also went to school with guys from that area....They are very south florida like if you get my drift. See Mike Vick, Allen Iverson and multiple others....them mfers are tough as nails...they are ready to suit up whenever with whomever.

Id love to add this kid to the secondary..will be a tough task but as fast as his *** flew down here shows his true interest
UNC historically gets kids from the 757 as well.

Boy this woke me up....

The kids tape is legit, too. He doesn’t shy away from contact.

Advertisement
As for Covil...

Kid really is another Keontra. Similar size and style of play. Both are tough, explosive, thumpers who will be in that 5’11 220 range when it’s all said and done. I would have preferred the Ish Harris kid as our striker, but that seems to be dead so this kid is a take for sure.

Advertisement
Yeah.

Plus, Arkansas went 3-7 last year and a good 2021 would be 6-6, so imagine what will happen if Arkansas goes sub-.500.
In their defense that was a massive improvement over previous years. And they also did get shafted HARD by the refs in some games last season. Especially against Auburn.

Advertisement
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Miami is sitting in a pretty good spot with Orlando Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams following the Hurricanes cookout on Tuesday where he got to take in a part of the campus and spend time around the staff.

“Miami went good. I’m full, met good coaches, good vibes with the coaches, good food. It went good,” Williams told InsideTheU on his way to the parking lot following the event.

Ishmael Aristide is an Evans graduate himself, so the two have a strong bond to this point. Getting to see him in person was something Williams enjoyed.

“Ish already brought that back home personality, so he made me feel like I was home little bit too. [Travaris Robinson], he just brought it with him too,” Williams said.
The visit made a strong enough impression that the 6-foot-2, 200-pounder admitted the Hurricanes helped themselves in his recruitment.
“It helped because it showed what we got here and Manny Diaz showed me all that too, so it was good,” Williams said.
Throughout our conversation, Williams kept looking around and behind him at the freshman dorms that were lit up now that it was dark out. He was very impressed with the new state-of-the-art building.
“What? Freshmen get dorms that look like a mansion,” Williams said.
This summer, the soon-to-be senior has trips lined up to see Nebraska, Ohio State, Florida and Alabama. He will also be back on UM’s campus for an official visit the weekend of June 18.
As far as a decision goes, the defensive back knows exactly when he plans to make a decision.
“I’m going to make a decision on August 11. It’s my birthday,” Williams said.
Williams is considered the No. 172 overall player and No. 13 safety in the country, according to 247Sports.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly was probably the last recruit to leave Miami’s campus on Tuesday night.

The former Florida State commit was seen back by the football facility with his mom and other UM staffers long after others had already left. Following the Hurricanes ‘First Day Out’ cookout, Kelly had a lot of positive things to say about what he had the chance to experience while at UM.

“I ain’t know they had all this,” Kelly told InsideTheU on the way back to his car following the festivities. “It looks nice. It looks like a beachfront like you’re on South Beach or something.”

It won’t be long before the 6-foot-5, 240-pound pass rusher is back at Miami’s campus. He set up another visit with Jess Simpson while on UM’s campus on Tuesday.
“I got to take a tour here. I think I’m taking one next week on Tuesday. Me and coach Simpson was talking and he said, ‘I need to get you back here just me and you’ and I said we can make it happen,” Kelly said.
Kelly spent a lot of time talking with Manny Diaz, Simpson and a few others on Miami’s staff. They were telling Kelly that keeping him home is a priority.
“They was saying they’re not letting me leave Coral Gables,” Kelly said.
It was also Kelly’s first chance to meet and interact with Simpson in-person.
“It was a good feeling but I didn’t feel nervous or anything because we talk on the regular,” Kelly siad.
The folks in Coral Gables put on a presentation for the roughly 30 recruits in attendance, many of them blue-chip guys. The entire evening helped Miami’s case for the Broward County native.
“Yeah, a little bit,” Kelly said on if the visit helped the Hurricanes. “I just wanted to meet them face-to-face and see how everything plans out,” Kelly said.
1COMMENTS
This week, Kelly plans to make a stop at FAU before heading up to Florida State for a few days to check out the Seminoles.
Kelly is considered the No. 101 overall player and No. 15 defensive lineman in the Class of 2022, according to 247Sports.

Boy this woke me up....

Man, you are not at all exaggerating. I spent 4 years in the Hampton Roads area from 1990 - 1994 and saw up close the kind of talent that area produces. Straight ballers in all sports. Very good athletes and most end up going to VT and UNC.

Saw Allen Iverson do things on the football field and the bball gym that were unbelievable. And he's absolutely not 6'0".

Really hope we can grab a top player or two each year from that area.

Advertisement
Boy this woke me up....

Yup, yup, and he'll yeah. And it's not like we couldn't grab some real ballplayers from there if we made the effort. The area is one of the MOST ATHLETIC in America, and they'd definitely mesh well with the local boys. To top it off, we can help cripple UNC and VagTech(among others) by taking from their bread and butter region...

I drove Tarber and Jayvant down there tonight. I'm on the toilet right now, getting rid of that **** Brother's ba-ba-barbeque.

"Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo mama!"

The energy of this current staff is night and day compared to the old group. Much different feeling than the last time I was there and wasn't even greeted.
T-Rob and Coach Ish have "it". They have the personality necessary for recruiting. DVD too.

And Coach Simpson...
I'd be happy to have one of my D-lineman play for that guy. Passionate about making kids better. Comes off as extremely genuine. You can tell he is a former high school guy. Two things he mentioned about Tarber...
1. Loves how he plays with his hands
2. Loves how he doesn't milk the recruiting process or thrive off the attention...that he's not a primadonna.
(Alton is a quiet kid who doesn't tweet and barely answers his phone. Other schools have a hard time getting ahold of him. He really doesn't care for the attention.)

The new freshman living facilities are bananas. Looks like some **** that belongs in Brickell. It has a little beach area in the middle, and the recruits were playing cornhole there with the UM coaches.

Okay gotta go, time to wipe.
You strike me as a back to front type of guy, please confirm.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly was probably the last recruit to leave Miami’s campus on Tuesday night.

The former Florida State commit was seen back by the football facility with his mom and other UM staffers long after others had already left. Following the Hurricanes ‘First Day Out’ cookout, Kelly had a lot of positive things to say about what he had the chance to experience while at UM.

“I ain’t know they had all this,” Kelly told InsideTheU on the way back to his car following the festivities. “It looks nice. It looks like a beachfront like you’re on South Beach or something.”

It won’t be long before the 6-foot-5, 240-pound pass rusher is back at Miami’s campus. He set up another visit with Jess Simpson while on UM’s campus on Tuesday.
“I got to take a tour here. I think I’m taking one next week on Tuesday. Me and coach Simpson was talking and he said, ‘I need to get you back here just me and you’ and I said we can make it happen,” Kelly said.
Kelly spent a lot of time talking with Manny Diaz, Simpson and a few others on Miami’s staff. They were telling Kelly that keeping him home is a priority.
“They was saying they’re not letting me leave Coral Gables,” Kelly said.
It was also Kelly’s first chance to meet and interact with Simpson in-person.
“It was a good feeling but I didn’t feel nervous or anything because we talk on the regular,” Kelly siad.
The folks in Coral Gables put on a presentation for the roughly 30 recruits in attendance, many of them blue-chip guys. The entire evening helped Miami’s case for the Broward County native.
“Yeah, a little bit,” Kelly said on if the visit helped the Hurricanes. “I just wanted to meet them face-to-face and see how everything plans out,” Kelly said.
1COMMENTS
This week, Kelly plans to make a stop at FAU before heading up to Florida State for a few days to check out the Seminoles.
Kelly is considered the No. 101 overall player and No. 15 defensive lineman in the Class of 2022, according to 247Sports.
FAU? LOL. Must be a courtesy visit for Taggert or something.

Funny but unrelated Marvin Jones story. Years ago I had a roommate who was an FSU grad. When he moved out, he left this FSU commemorative cup featuring Marvin Jones on it. So naturally, I used it to scoop dog food. One day when I’m out of town, I have a buddy dog sit for me and when he’s scooping the dog food, he notices the guy on the cup as one of his customers for web design. He sends him a photo of the trashed cup full of dog food and Marvin replies “he must be a Miami fan”.

Oh, my dog’s name was Cane too.
Before I got to scoop dog food, I thought you’d say pooper scooper.

Advertisement
Back