"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

Marvin Jones was headed to fsu the day his older brother Fred signed there.

While he was technically a recruiting miss it didn't come back to bite UM on the actual playing fields as Barrow, Smith, and Armstead careers coincided with his. He never beat UM going 0-3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Never paid too much attention to the guy. But watched the caneville video with him and came away thinking he’s a Deuchebag.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's time for some crooting news my man!!!!!!!!!

Labor Day Drinking GIF by Twisted Tea

TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Yall talkin' about Marvin Jones. Bump that. We need to sign his mama. LAwd! She was killin' them jeans last night.

Also...
Who was the 6'6"-6'7" white kid I saw last night? Might've been the most impressive looking kid there. Pops was a good 6'5" himself, mom was like 5'8".

We did sign his mama, she is a Miami graduate.
UNDERRATED POST

Advertisement
Things are picking up fast between Miami and one of the nation’s top defensive backs Sherrod Covil.

The Top247 recruit out of Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith made his way to Coral Gables on Tuesday for the Hurricanes cookout celebrating the end of the NCAA Dead Period put in place back in March of 2020 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Covil rescheduled another visit to make Miami his first trip after the Hurricanes recently extended a scholarship, one of 40 opportunities he’s sifting through.

“I had a great time in Miami,” Covil said. “I got to meet all the secondary coaches, and was shown around by Hurricane legend Coach Rumph.”

Virginia, Maryland, Penn State, Notre Dame, Clemson and North Carolina are some of the other prominent schools in this recruiting battle.

“They will be there in the end,” Covil said of Miami before going into what else stood out.

“Scheme with multiple ways for me to get on the field. My parents and I really liked Coaches Ish, T Rob, Rumph, and Shoop. I felt even though there were many recruits there, I was a priority and someone that the staff was always around me and my family the entire visit.”

The 247Sports Composite tabs Covil as the No. 11 safety in the country. I believe Miami moves into the lead group alongside Notre Dame and Clemson. We'll see if they can make another move after an official visit.

Things are picking up fast between Miami and one of the nation’s top defensive backs Sherrod Covil.

The Top247 recruit out of Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith made his way to Coral Gables on Tuesday for the Hurricanes cookout celebrating the end of the NCAA Dead Period put in place back in March of 2020 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Covil rescheduled another visit to make Miami his first trip after the Hurricanes recently extended a scholarship, one of 40 opportunities he’s sifting through.

“I had a great time in Miami,” Covil said. “I got to meet all the secondary coaches, and was shown around by Hurricane legend Coach Rumph.”

Virginia, Maryland, Penn State, Notre Dame, Clemson and North Carolina are some of the other prominent schools in this recruiting battle.

“They will be there in the end,” Covil said of Miami before going into what else stood out.

“Scheme with multiple ways for me to get on the field. My parents and I really liked Coaches Ish, T Rob, Rumph, and Shoop. I felt even though there were many recruits there, I was a priority and someone that the staff was always around me and my family the entire visit.”

The 247Sports Composite tabs Covil as the No. 11 safety in the country. I believe Miami moves into the lead group alongside Notre Dame and Clemson. We'll see if they can make another move after an official visit.

Boy this woke me up....

if anyone on the board knows i been screaming for us to get a footing in the TIDEWATER area for YEARS. This is a great start.

Reason i want us in there...we have gotten beaten by our biggest rival next to fsu (VA TECH) with Tidewater area kids for YEARS since big east days. There hc sucks at recruiting....so its pretty much open szn there. UVA sucks at instate area recruiting too. UNC is smart enough to capitalize on it...we might as well get in on it.

I also went to school with guys from that area....They are very south florida like if you get my drift. See Mike Vick, Allen Iverson and multiple others....them mfers are tough as nails...they are ready to suit up whenever with whomever.

Id love to add this kid to the secondary..will be a tough task but as fast as his *** flew down here shows his true interest

Advertisement
Back