"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

I drove Tarber and Jayvant down there tonight. I'm on the toilet right now, getting rid of that **** Brother's ba-ba-barbeque.

"Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo mama!"

The energy of this current staff is night and day compared to the old group. Much different feeling than the last time I was there and wasn't even greeted.
T-Rob and Coach Ish have "it". They have the personality necessary for recruiting. DVD too.

And Coach Simpson...
I'd be happy to have one of my D-lineman play for that guy. Passionate about making kids better. Comes off as extremely genuine. You can tell he is a former high school guy. Two things he mentioned about Tarber...
1. Loves how he plays with his hands
2. Loves how he doesn't milk the recruiting process or thrive off the attention...that he's not a primadonna.
(Alton is a quiet kid who doesn't tweet and barely answers his phone. Other schools have a hard time getting ahold of him. He really doesn't care for the attention.)

The new freshman living facilities are bananas. Looks like some **** that belongs in Brickell. It has a little beach area in the middle, and the recruits were playing cornhole there with the UM coaches.

Okay gotta go, time to wipe.
I am glad you are a dude who brings his phone to the toilet.

Advertisement
Glad to see the staff isn’t holding back. They’re going to go full out for a lot of these kids and it’s nice to see us at least attempting to play big boy ball in recruiting. It seems like the new additions to our staff can really relate to these kids and their parents/coaches. At the very least nobody can say these guys weren’t putting in the effort.

Advertisement
Glad to see the staff isn’t holding back. They’re going to go full out for a lot of these kids and it’s nice to see us at least attempting to play big boy ball in recruiting. It seems like the new additions to our staff can really relate to these kids and their parents/coaches. At the very least nobody can say these guys weren’t putting in the effort.
It just feels like with the new D staff it's inevitable we'll land some key guys, the key is will it be enough volume of difference makers, but it seems very positive at this stage.

I just listened to most of the exit interviews Ferman and Shodell did with the guys. One thing really stuck out in all of them: Marvin Jones has no interest. He didn't really try to hide it. He didn't want to talk to them and they ended it pretty fast.
American heritage players stay acting funny when it comes to miami. I don't know what they be telling them kids but we not there enemy. We just need to get spells on board and call it a day with that school until next year.

Advertisement
Haven’t seen any mention of Zane Durant but he was their yesterday

7B8647AB-5EE4-4519-A9C5-BEB08EBB0D09.jpeg

C76BB0FD-93C2-437A-8BF1-3C462120E2FC.jpeg

187C2E63-54F6-43DE-BBBF-0745B430C077.jpeg

Advertisement
Yall talkin' about Marvin Jones. Bump that. We need to sign his mama. LAwd! She was killin' them jeans last night.

Also...
Who was the 6'6"-6'7" white kid I saw last night? Might've been the most impressive looking kid there. Pops was a good 6'5" himself, mom was like 5'8".

Advertisement
Marvin Jones was headed to fsu the day his older brother Fred signed there.

While he was technically a recruiting miss it didn't come back to bite UM on the actual playing fields as Barrow, Smith, and Armstead careers coincided with his. He never beat UM going 0-3.
This...but I would argue that Marvin Jones Sr.. was probably the first big time, local recruiting miss we had in a decade at that time.. A 5* MNW kid going to FSU was a heartbreaker. But like you said, it was sweet justice that we didnt really miss him at all. Funny how that works out.

I just listened to most of the exit interviews Ferman and Shodell did with the guys. One thing really stuck out in all of them: Marvin Jones has no interest. He didn't really try to hide it. He didn't want to talk to them and they ended it pretty fast.
Could you imagine having to go home and have Marvin Sr. say "What did you say in that interview boy". So maybe he's being influenced. lol

Manny is a bright guy. He knew he need to upgrade the recruiting on the defensive side of the ball with the 2022 South Florida class loaded with defensive recruits.

TRob, Ish, and DVD are by all accounts outstanding recruiters.

Also @Coach Macho talked about Jess Simpson seemed like a genuine guy and a father figure. I'm telling you I know a coach that knew him from his high school days in Georgia, and he is not fake. He really is a good guy and genuine human being. You can tell he wants to mentor young men into not only being the best football player they can be, but they best person, husband, father they can be also.

He is an excellent fundamental teacher of DL play.

Advertisement
Back