"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

Good to hear the D staff finally has some real swag with T Rob, Ish and DVD

None of this Mike Rumph, Blake Baker corny ****
It's a good mix of guys.
T-Rob, Ish and DVD all have swag and good energy. (in that order)
Simpson is passionate and comes across as the type of guy that you'd want in your son's life...like a father figure type.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No offensive skill players though...Armella and Richardson were only two offensive guys? We really must be going heavy OOS for our OFF recruits in the 2022 class.
Considering last year’s class skill players aren’t as big of a priority as the defense. Should be heavy on skill guys for tomorrow’s cookout though.

No offensive skill players though...Armella and Richardson were only two offensive guys? We really must be going heavy OOS for our OFF recruits in the 2022 class.

Have any local 2022 WRs emerged? Last year they were falling off trees. This year I can't think of one local name that's an obvious Miami kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
4 star tackle committed to Arkansas. Sam Pittman knows his linemen so I’m guessing he can play

Thanks. I'm glad he's visiting but I don't see him leaving Arkansas if he's committed already. Nothing wrong with us shooting our shot the way the portal is working he might leave or something come up in the future

Advertisement
The Shodell interview with Tarber on CanesSport was freaking awesome. Love that kid. Seems to really, really like UM. There are of interviews posted. Graves said he is announcing a top 5 soon, but likely not making a decision until the end of the summer or even into his season. Also seemed to love UM. Those are the only 2 I made it through so far.
i'm so proud of alton

I drove Tarber and Jayvant down there tonight. I'm on the toilet right now, getting rid of that **** Brother's ba-ba-barbeque.

"Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo mama!"

The energy of this current staff is night and day compared to the old group. Much different feeling than the last time I was there and wasn't even greeted.
T-Rob and Coach Ish have "it". They have the personality necessary for recruiting. DVD too.

And Coach Simpson...
I'd be happy to have one of my D-lineman play for that guy. Passionate about making kids better. Comes off as extremely genuine. You can tell he is a former high school guy. Two things he mentioned about Tarber...
1. Loves how he plays with his hands
2. Loves how he doesn't milk the recruiting process or thrive off the attention...that he's not a primadonna.
(Alton is a quiet kid who doesn't tweet and barely answers his phone. Other schools have a hard time getting ahold of him. He really doesn't care for the attention.)

The new freshman living facilities are bananas. Looks like some **** that belongs in Brickell. It has a little beach area in the middle, and the recruits were playing cornhole there with the UM coaches.

Okay gotta go, time to wipe.
We definitely appreciate the info!!

I drove Tarber and Jayvant down there tonight. I'm on the toilet right now, getting rid of that **** Brother's ba-ba-barbeque.

"Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo mama!"

The energy of this current staff is night and day compared to the old group. Much different feeling than the last time I was there and wasn't even greeted.
T-Rob and Coach Ish have "it". They have the personality necessary for recruiting. DVD too.

And Coach Simpson...
I'd be happy to have one of my D-lineman play for that guy. Passionate about making kids better. Comes off as extremely genuine. You can tell he is a former high school guy. Two things he mentioned about Tarber...
1. Loves how he plays with his hands
2. Loves how he doesn't milk the recruiting process or thrive off the attention...that he's not a primadonna.
(Alton is a quiet kid who doesn't tweet and barely answers his phone. Other schools have a hard time getting ahold of him. He really doesn't care for the attention.)

The new freshman living facilities are bananas. Looks like some **** that belongs in Brickell. It has a little beach area in the middle, and the recruits were playing cornhole there with the UM coaches.

Okay gotta go, time to wipe.
1622609220806.gif

I was following the Canes but not Canes recruiting back then (much harder pre-Internet). How did Erickson let a star from Miami Northwestern get away like that?
Marvin Jones was headed to fsu the day his older brother Fred signed there.

While he was technically a recruiting miss it didn't come back to bite UM on the actual playing fields as Barrow, Smith, and Armstead careers coincided with his. He never beat UM going 0-3.

Advertisement
Back