"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some other tidbits from Gaby and Lake:

-Khamauri Rodgers was hanging out with Jake Garcia almost all night. Went off with him after the event ended.

-Nyjalik Kelly was still back by the football facility talking when everyone else had left the dorm area. He is planning on getting back on campus next Tuesday for a personal visit and tour with Jess Simpson...

-Lathan was impressed with the presentation Manny gave. Said he really felt connected to the school. He said that manny really wants to bring a championship to Miami and that really touched his heart.

-Spells said the coaches made it clear he is a top priority for them. Miami in top three with WVA and Indiana. UGA is the school to watch; he said if they get serious and really start recruiting him they will be in his top schools.

It really seemed like the event made a big impression on everyone.

Need to get him on campus as much as possible. Kid is about to visit the SEC gauntlet and is going to have a visit high after every one of them. We need to stay fresh on his mind and then obviously impress come fall.
If I were the coaches, I’d be helping him plan out his visits and recruitment to maximize his visit bag game and then commit to the home team 🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
I drove Tarber and Jayvant down there tonight. I'm on the toilet right now, getting rid of that **** Brother's ba-ba-barbeque.

"Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo mama!"

The energy of this current staff is night and day compared to the old group. Much different feeling than the last time I was there and wasn't even greeted.
T-Rob and Coach Ish have "it". They have the personality necessary for recruiting. DVD too.

And Coach Simpson...
I'd be happy to have one of my D-lineman play for that guy. Passionate about making kids better. Comes off as extremely genuine. You can tell he is a former high school guy. Two things he mentioned about Tarber...
1. Loves how he plays with his hands
2. Loves how he doesn't milk the recruiting process or thrive off the attention...that he's not a primadonna.
(Alton is a quiet kid who doesn't tweet and barely answers his phone. Other schools have a hard time getting ahold of him. He really doesn't care for the attention.)

The new freshman living facilities are bananas. Looks like some **** that belongs in Brickell. It has a little beach area in the middle, and the recruits were playing cornhole there with the UM coaches.

Okay gotta go, time to wipe.

Advertisement
I drove Tarber and Jayvant down there tonight. I'm on the toilet right now, getting rid of that **** Brother's ba-ba-barbeque.

"Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo mama!"

The energy of this current staff is night and day compared to the old group. Much different feeling than the last time I was there and wasn't even greeted.
T-Rob and Coach Ish have "it". They have the personality necessary for recruiting. DVD too.

And Coach Simpson...
I'd be happy to have one of my D-lineman play for that guy. Passionate about making kids better. Comes off as extremely genuine. You can tell he is a former high school guy. Two things he mentioned about Tarber...
1. Loves how he plays with his hands
2. Loves how he doesn't milk the recruiting process or thrive off the attention...that he's not a primadonna.
(Alton is a quiet kid who doesn't tweet and barely answers his phone. Other schools have a hard time getting ahold of him. He really doesn't care for the attention.)

The new freshman living facilities are bananas. Looks like some **** that belongs in Brickell. It has a little beach area in the middle, and the recruits were playing cornhole there with the UM coaches.

Okay gotta go, time to wipe.

Good to hear the D staff finally has some real swag with T Rob, Ish and DVD

None of this Mike Rumph, Blake Baker corny ****

Some other tidbits from Gaby and Lake:

-Khamauri Rodgers was hanging out with Jake Garcia almost all night. Went off with him after the event ended.

-Nyjalik Kelly was still back by the football facility talking when everyone else had left the dorm area. He is planning on getting back on campus next Tuesday for a personal visit and tour with Jess Simpson...

-Lathan was impressed with the presentation Manny gave. Said he really felt connected to the school. He said that manny really wants to bring a championship to Miami and that really touched his heart.

-Spells said the coaches made it clear he is a top priority for them. Miami in top three with WVA and Indiana. UGA is the school to watch; he said if they get serious and really start recruiting him they will be in his top schools.

It really seemed like the event made a big impression on everyone.
Feels amazing being in a good spot with a top 100 corner early, foreign territory for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back