First Bubba now Lingard

Advertisement
You're effing insane.

25 carries?!

Yeah 25 carries PLUS at least 10 targets! Murphy has better pass catching hands than Lev Bell and James White combined!
I just hope and pray he's on the field when someone throws an INT. He will save the day by giving the defender the kickoff tattoo treatment.

Burns looked good, but let’s not get carried away. I did not see a “jump-skip”, stuff-arm or spin move. Let’s allow this thing to play out.

Advertisement
Only issue with using burns as only a short yard/goaline back is it makes it predictable situationally. Add some PA or some jet sweeps off it depending on the formation.

Agreed, I don't see Enos using him like we did with Gray in the game last season.

Agreed, I don't see Enos using him like we did with Gray in the game last season.
Me personally, I would love to see DJ or Cam on a go route/delayed go route up the middle of the field. If you can stretch the defense that would leave a whole in underneath to catch and run.

Advertisement
Is lingard like football stupid? I'm starting to wonder. Seem to remember him getting played in those all star games now I'm thinking I may have been wrong.

Is lingard like football stupid? I'm starting to wonder. Seem to remember him getting played in those all star games now I'm thinking I may have been wrong.
You mean like not understanding protections, that type of thing?

Advertisement
I’m fairly certain Murphy is on every special team unit and he already is the kamakazi wrecking havok. I think he’s made a few tackles and busted some mouths this year.

Advertisement
Burns acceleration to the LOS is outstanding from what I saw Saturday. Hope to see this kid get more carries this week. Looking at his bio on UM he was the 11th ranked RB in the nation per one of the ranking services and I remember Larry Bluestein saying he considered Burns to be a top 10 running back as well. At 5’11” and 225 he has the acceleration, size, and weight in short yardage situations.

Advertisement
Back