Fireside Chat with Your Legend

Advertisement
Bottom line is once again, this UM roster will have its share of NFL guys. No, the roster isnt where it should be, but this was no 'rebuild'.

Let's see how this team comes out next week and finishes things out. C'mon Manny, show us something

If this roster is coached up we have a ton of early rounders on it!

If this roster is coached up we have a ton of early rounders on it!
Said every Miami fan ever for last 15 years.

All fan bases overestimate their own team’s talent.

Early round (1-3, say) picks are rare, and coaching up is overrated as an explanation for it. You can’t well coach sparq ratings. The NFL finds prospects everywhere.

Coaching matters a lot for college success. Winning teams reflect well on their players, and well coached teams tend to have players who make fewer mistakes. At the margin, college success likely correlates with higher draft pick outcomes for kids who are highly athletic. But the idea that a position coach transfers the magic understanding of the position to a kid and that is why he gets drafted high is wrong, imo. Take Flowers as an example. High pick on physical ability, many mistakes and underperformance relative to ability in college. By contrast, Duke J. performed really well in college, but slipped in the draft because of size/speed concerns.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2017 vs VTech
2017 vs ND
2018 vs UNC
2019 vs FSU

These games showed us that these guys can play with anybody when they want to. What does Manny have todo to get them to turn the switch on and leave it on?

I don't know, but they come out so flat for certain games. The names change, but the results don't. Some years they're flat for UVA and Pitt. Others, UNC and GT. We'll know they have turned a corner when they can adequately prepare for and focus on most games. It's like after almost 20 years, this team has collectively still not figured out that ACC Coastal games are important.

Advertisement
It's easy to get the team to be motivated to play FSU, let's see how the team looks against UL on Saturday. Manny and the staff need to prove their worth and have this team playing like this regardless of the opponent, so far they haven't done that.

Quick takes:

This was the best overall team performance we’ve had since 2017.

/\ What he said. /\ Great minds...

And you're dead on with your wrap up analysis. We need to see this same type of preparation, performance, and intensity every game going forward. This roster, from a talent and leadership perspective, has had this in them all year, and if the coaching staff had been doing just an adequate job Miami would be 7-2 at worst. I'm willing to chalk it up to some growing pains as a new staff, but only if we don't continue to see that crap happen again going forward.

Blake James still needs to lose his job on Christmas eve.

I have another wounded warrior. This bytch is now following me around to every thread starting ****.

How long before he reports me to the mods for personal attacks and demands that they give me a shot? That’s the way these bytches do. They follow me around yapping like stepped on chihuahuas for something I said to them under one of their previous 20 screen names instigating. Then when I bytch slap them they cry to the mods.
You must have a battalion already. Now I wouldn't mind you talking up Louisville like you did FSU. Worried about this game, this is the type of game where we are famous for playing down to the competition.

This game is exactly why some of us get so mad at our coaches all the time. This was an example of what these guys are capable of when prepared mentally and when they put together a full game in all 3 phases.

The dummies on here keep skewering our talent, but yesterday should show you that you’re wrong. Look at how good we are when our guys are dialed in. This is what separates the couple great teams from average teams like us—the great coaches push the right buttons and get their guys dialed in almost every single week. They don’t get drunk off success and then go in the tank the next week.

You’ll know if Manure has turned a corner when he can string several games like this together. One? Two? Anyone can do that. Let’s see how he gets them to respond to some prosperity. Next week will tell us a lot. The week after and the week after will tell us even more.

Real talk

Advertisement
This seems like a little more than just disagreeing with a few benign observations.

We beat a team that was 4-4.

Yeah it’s nice beating FSU, but I’m not gonna make more out of it than it is.

We won the midget wrestling contest. So ******* what.

Advertisement
We beat a team that was 4-4.

Yeah it’s nice beating FSU, but I’m not gonna make more out of it than it is.

We won the midget wrestling contest. So ******* what.

DQ8GrlU1oRe2k.gif

Advertisement
Back